• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Moorea Refurb Fact or Rumor?

NikkiNY

Earning My Ears
Hi My DVC Friends, I’m booked first week of October….Poly Lake View Studio.

Can anybody confirm that Moorea is currently being refurbished?

Has anybody with Lake View Reservations in October received
relocation notifications to a Poly refurbished hotel room?

Just asking because I’m wishing for a refurbed Lake View room, my DVC or the Hotel! 🥰

Just asking because I’m wishing for a refurbed Lake View room, my DVC or the Hotel! 🥰
Half of Tokelau is currently being done. Moorea looks to be the last on the list as Pago Pago and the bungalows have finished.

I haven't read any more reports of DVC members being moved. There were a number of people notified that they were going to be moved to the hotel side back in June but nothing has been recently posted.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-poly-refurb.3842066/#post-63103163

Moorea is definitely being worked on. Was there this past weekend and workers were busy installing new carpets etc in each room on the lower level facing the lake. Looks like they were tackling 5 rooms at a time which was impressive.

We stayed in one of the new rooms at Pago Pago and liked the changes.

Re standard studios…

Is this just a soft refurb, not much hubbub during the day?

appears Pago Pago only one open until Oct 1st

Based on our stay at Pago Pago, changes included the new murphy bed in place of the old sofa bed, new chairs by table, new carpet throughout. Original bed, side tables, table and coffee table / chest remain. Probably had new bed cover etc. but I didn't really pay attention to that detail.

Hallways in buildings have also been redecorated with new carpet design along with new blue textured wallpaper in place of the old orange scheme.

I can confirm that they were working on Moorea when we were there a few weeks ago. It seems on track to be ready before your stay

Was there 4 nights through Sunday (9/5). We stayed in Pago Pago. Moorea and Tokelau still being refurbed. We saw many loads of the old carpet being wheeled away. The new murphy bed is a huge improvement. Also, the day we checked out the monorail stop at the Poly reopened.

We were just there yesterday (the 22nd) in a 3rd floor, Lake View in Moorea. The view was amazing and there was no construction. I don't know if it was refurbished because we hadn't been there before, but the room was immaculate and nicely decorated. Shower stall area did look brand new.

We just spent the day - didn't sleep over - we had points expiring and we're local. I have to say, although I don't want to be negative (it was beautiful), that there's an elephant in the room - the boat horns. This was our first and last stay in DVC at the Poly.

Last edited:
We were just there yesterday (the 22nd) in a 3rd floor, Lake View in Moorea. The view was amazing and there was no construction. I don't know if it was refurbished because we hadn't been there before, but the room was immaculate and nicely decorated. Shower stall area did look brand new.

We just spent the day - didn't sleep over - we had points expiring and we're local. I have to say, althought I don't want to be negative (it was beautiful), that there's an elephant in the room - the boat horns. This was our first and last stay in DVC at the Poly.
Did your room have a Murphy bed pull down from wall or a red couch?

We just spent the day - didn't sleep over - we had points expiring and we're local. I have to say, althought I don't want to be negative (it was beautiful), that there's an elephant in the room - the boat horns. This was our first and last stay in DVC at the Poly.
Yes the ferry horns are loud.

Interested to know as well. We have a stay at the end of October, it *sounds* like all the studios should be done by then?

Returned from WDW yesterday. My youngest (33) and her cohorts stayed in Moorea and loved it. The Murphy bed is so much more comfortable and the loved the blue green color scheme.

Moorea first floor right now and it’s fully refurbed. However the Murphy is like sleeping on a piece of plywood wrapped in a sheet IMO…

Is anyone still being placed in non-refurbed studios? Or is everyone in a refurbished studio or hotel room side room now?

Moorea first floor right now and it’s fully refurbed. However the Murphy is like sleeping on a piece of plywood wrapped in a sheet IMO…
My daughter just returned from Moorea First Floor and her friend, who is prone to sciatica, slept on the Murphy. She said it was hard but comfortable and her sciatica didn't flare up at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter