Poly pool vs GF Villas beach pool

FPminusCommando

I didn't quit the FP- war. It quit me...
Can anyone who has been to both the Poly pool and the GF villas "Beach Pool" comment on how they stack up?

I've stayed at the Poly a number of times and love how the kids can bounce back and forth between the pool and beach. I can camp out somewhere and easily keep an eye on them.

I've also stayed at BLT several times. The pool is nice but the "beach" is really more of a huge sand pit through a gate and behind a wall at the back of the pool. There is no water access and not much of a water view, the view being blocked by trees. If the kids are in the beach area I can't see them from the pool area. In general I have not seen people using that beach area much.

From this map, it appears the GF Vilas beach pool is very similar to the Poly layout:
http://**************.net/wp-conten...Floridian-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

-Jeff

Looking at your map it would seem that you have a view from the GF beach pool to the beach, but the pool is raised a little w/ a low cement wall between them, with the beach on a lower level, It is a not a straight flat access from beach to pool like at the Poly pool. However, I am not sure of your planned trip dates, but the Poly pool will be closed for a while during the renovation.

...the "beach" is really more of a huge sand pit through a gate and behind a wall at the back of the pool. There is no water access and not much of a water view, the view being blocked by trees.

you are aware that kids should not actually be in the water in the "beach" areas, what with the brain-eating amoeba issues in FL and all?

My trip is the week before Thanksgiving.

I know the Poly pool will be closed, and I'm guessing the beach will be closed as well. Therefore the consideration of VGF.

Yeah, I read about the Martian water bugs a few years ago and the kids don't get in the water. A lot of kids build little cannel systems in the sand and dump water into them. They may grow a second head when they are 70 but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Can anyone who has been to both the Poly pool and the GF villas "Beach Pool" comment on how they stack up?

The Beach Pool is not the Villas Pool, it was at GF before VGF was built. It was completely redone prior to the Villas opening.

There are lounge chairs on the sand at the beach pool where you enter the pool. I sit on them all the time. I like to feel like I'm at the beach and at a beach pool at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter