Polynesian Concierge Renovation ????

jonesboro

Earning My Ears
Good Morning...Hope everyone is having a super saturday. I have a question..... I just saw where some renovation is planned for the Polynesian Concierge. When will this take place? We will be there Feb 14 - Feb 17, 2003. Will our stay be turned upside down?

Thanks so much.... º0º

The renovations to the Concierge longhouse doesnt start until the end of June and goes through Sept. You should be fine during your dates.

Just an update. I keep hearing people are being told that the work will start on the Hawaii longhouse around June 20th or the end of June. When I met with the concierge manager and some of the staff in July they said the 1st of June would be the start and I just emailed and they still said the same thing. They are going to confirm for me but that was the answer so far.

Also they have a good idea of where the lounge will be and the concierge desk. The desk will be on the second floor to register and the lounge will be on the third floor. There might be a desk with a greeter on the first floor. There are windows in the lounge area and checkin area but they face the garden side. There is no lagoon view on either floor of the lounge areas. They will move the big tv there and have probably 6 to 8 tables.

I will let you know when I hear more.

Aloha

Steve

Uh-oh. I just read this post. Tikiman--you seem to be wise about this--I just booked Poly Concierge for right after July 4. We had some DVC pts that needed using, so I thought we'd splurge (we are even using 2 rooms b/c we've got 5 kiddos). Now I see about this renovation business--do you think I should go concierge somewhere else?? Was really looking forward to the views, monorail, etc. What would you recommend? THanks for any input! This may be the only time we stay concierge with the kids, so I don't want to be disappointed.

I had said this in another post but here are my feelings. We are not returning this year because we have plans to go to the real Hawaii but I am sorry I will not be there for the switch. I do love the Hawaii longhouse but Tahiti has always been my favorite and add on concierge to that and it is like a dream to me. Yes the lounge will not have the view that the Hawaii longhouse has but the rooms are larger and nicer and the beach is bigger and more private. I like being closer to the TTC and it makes it about the same distance to the GCH as to the TTC from Tahiti. Some say the volcano pool is far but if you walk the beach it will take less than 3 minutes to walk (yes I have timed it). The lagoon view rooms in Tahiti have just as good if not better view of the lagoon and MK and there are more lagoon view rooms in Tahiti. I see no reason to keep away from going to the Polynesian and staying concierge while the switch is in affect. All the reasons to go are there other than the view from the lounge.

Aloha

Steve

Our plans are for Poly concierge May 28th- June 2 (I haven't booked yet). Will they make us switch rooms for one night? I'm a little worried now. That would just be a pain, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter