Polynesian Longhouse selection

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
I would like to thank Tikiman for his WONDERFUL Poly site, but I am still having trouble picking the best longhouse for me (I'd like to request one....KNOWING FULL WELL...that I would be OVERJOYED with anything that they give me anyway).

I would love to hear opinions from people who've been there. I've never even been close to the resort and I have trouble picturing the longhouses. I would appreciated any advice.

#1- I paid for Garden View, but would kill for luck enough to catch a glimpse of the castle from my room.
#2- I have NO smoking preference whatsoever. I am not a smoker, but do not mind smoke.
#3-I'd love to be close to the monorail and/or food places.
#4- I REALLY want a balcony or patio (don't care which).
#5- Don't care about the pool.
#6- Not sure that I care about TTC (should I? Since it is a short monorail stop away?)

Anything else I'm missing? Thanks for any help you could offer. This is my first on-site and I'm REALLY excited about Poly being my first resort....My new goal is to stay at them all...LOL...yeah right!!

Last January our family stayed at the Polynesian for the first time. We also had garden view rooms, but requested non-smoking. We were put in the Tokelau longhouse on the third floor. We had a view of the quiet pool and the end of the Hawaii building (our rooms were toward the lagoon end of Tokelau). We were able to see the lagoon, GF, and even the castle from our balconies. We could see the EWP from there each night. It was a great location - very convenient to the GCH. We loved staying at the Poly - hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I think you're right...just about any location there would probably be great :D !

I was reading how great Tokelau is. Really sounds like the perfect one....no matter what. THANKS mom of 5.....SO MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

The TTC is only a short monorail stop away in ONE direction. It's a long way in the other ;). We walked both ways.

We stayed in room 1209 about midway in the Aotearoa longhouse on the 1st floor. Our view was the monorail and it was great ;). We were also very close to Captain Cooks. It was a short walk to the pools and a longer (yet relaxing) walk to the TTC.

Oh good.....I read good things about Aotearoa too. I think that I will either request Aotearoa or Tokelau then. They all seem good. These seem best for me...I'm thinking. THANKS GUYS!!!

I think Aotearoa is great but just too out of the way for me. It is close to the GCH and Luau Cove but I find I spend very little time on that side of the resort. The walk to the GCH (where the monorail and food is) is not a long walk from Tokelau and you will find you will use the TTC often to get over to Epcot or coming from the other resorts. We go over to the GF and Contemporary all the time on the monorail to shop and eat. The boat launch is a shorter walk from Tokelau also because from Aotearoa you will have to walk around the marina and Tokelau you can walk right down the beach.

I was hoping one of the things I would accomplish with my web page was to give someone new to the resort an easy way to tell what it looks like. If you pick out your longhouse from the page with the aerial view to see where it is in the resort and than go to the page for that longhouse it has views from all sides of the building. I guess it could still be confusing.

Aloha

Steve

It is an exceptional site Steve. No flaws whatsoever. Thank you for the time you took to create it.

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice too.

SO MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Thank you!

My requests (in order) were:

(1) Non-smoking
(2) Patio or Balcony
(3) Tokelau Longhouse
(4) or Fiji Longhouse
(5) or Aotearoa Longhouse

We received non-smoking Aotearoa with a patio and monorail view. So ... you can request Tokelau but you may not get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter