Ponchos!

isabelluss

Earning My Ears
Hi!!!

What do you do with the rain ponchos?

Do you keep them with you all the day in a bag? Do you have a tips to reduce them?!? :rolleyes:

It takes a lot of place and we are five.... :eek:

Thank you!!!

isabelluss :)

We carry our ponchos with us in our camera bag, since it's only DH and myself. I carefully fold them in 1/2, and repeat until they are small enough to slip in the front pocket of the bag. We carry them with us all day because when we go, the afternoon (around 3-ish) rain showers pop up, and also because we prefer to stay dry when we go on the water rides.
-MrsAPalm

I'd recommend stocking up on cheap ponchos before you leave. It's easy to find ones that are $1, some people here have found packages of 2 for $1. They aren't high quality, but after it rains, you just throw them away instead of dragging around a wet poncho. They come in tiny packages and take up almost no space when they're new, but you can never fold them that small again.

Got mine yesterday at Walmart. .87 each.
I have enough for each day so that we can just throw them away after we use them.

I allowed for 2 "disposable" ponchos per day. Do you think this is enough or should I pack more?

2 per day for each person is more than enough. In the summer, it usually just rains once a day. Of course, it could rain off and on all day, but that's probably not going to happen, and if it does, it probably won't be during the whole trip.

What we have done with our ponchos is bring them in a ziploc baggie (the freezer bag size). When we are done using them we just put them back into the baggie. The baggies work great because they will keep your other stuff dry. Plus my sister doesn't want to throw out her disney poncho, she has had it since 1989, it's the old black and yellow one. :D

Disnee Dad Says...............................Buy the cheap ones and toss them out when done. There is a side benefit to the cheap ones, when at least 80% of the crowd is in yellow, you will be in a rare color, be it clear, red , or blue, or any other color. I look for lime green but have never found any. It is easy to get lost in the crowds when everyone is wearing the same thing!

We go in late October or November when it doesn't rain as much, but when it does rain, we just pack them in my wife's little backpack. If it starts raining when we weren't really expecting it, we just get one from the shops.

I will agree with the idea of bringing your own non-yellow ponchos, too. We took our niece and nephew one year when it rained the entire day at MGM. All it takes is a few steps and you can lose your family. You're in a sea of yellow ponchos. You might consider using a magic marker to write names on the back of the hoods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter