Pool at BWV

jpolak

DIS Veteran
I see that the Luna pool is closed for a bit. Any idea what is being done or is it just regular maintenence? Thanks.

Just regular maintenance. Every four years or so, they shut it down for about a month and fix anything that needs fixing, do painting etc.

Not closed yet (I walked by today).

Looks like the closing will be 1-28-2013 to 3-1-2013

It needs it. I was at the pool yesterday and there are 15 or so leaks from the slide, including a major leak from the top. All of the elephants could use a fresh coat of paint.

Any updates on the progress of the refurbishment of the Luna Pool. Going in March and hoping it will be open. :yay:

We returned from our BWV stay on Feb. 2 and the refurb was underway. They were using a "jackhammer" to break up concrete during some of our walk bys. It looked major to me. We didn't bother with SAB, but it was in the 80s while we were there. We pretty much stayed at the quiet pool, though it wasn't quiet. Of course as we expected there were more folks than normal, plus the CMs did their games and activities there, though there were never many kids to participate. They were offering a shuttle and had a pick up location with a sign. It looked like alot of folks where using SAB during the start of refurbing the pool. We did note that the clown's eyes were still glowing at night, so for those who think they may have escaped that part, they are still there.

I see that the Luna pool is closed for a bit. Any idea what is being done or is it just regular maintenence? Thanks.

I tried posting on this dvc resorts board about the GFV build and BWV rehab and work at DTD bus stop but they moved my post to the misc board:confused3 The reason I posted here was because this is were everyone asked about the work at BWV. Anyway here is a link to some pics. I don't know how else to do it.

http://newgfvandbwvdtdwork.shutterfly.com/

Looks fairly extensive with pool ledge being replaced. Definitely not just slapping a coat of paint on it.

We used SAB yesterday. You can grab a ride at the quiet pool but we just walked over as we are on an end villa. Quiet pool hasn't been crowded. Kind of surprised because it's been in the mid 80's. I'm sure next week will be different. We fly home today.

We did note that the clown's eyes were still glowing at night, so for those who think they may have escaped that part, they are still there.

that is weird and a little scarey - one reason why stay in standard view at BWV.

With all the cement they are breaking up, wonder if they are going to add a zero entry. :confused3

With access to BCV pool, I would keep my fingers crossed that its delayed a bit.;)

I have to disagree with that one, SAB has kind of ran its course with us for a while. Sick of the sand ending up everywhere (including in places on me!) and the ridiculous layout of walking around there is so annoying, plus the kids having to leave the pool area cross the path outside of BC to get to the stairs for slide. Come on now, what was the person who designed the layout of SAB on? Not to mention I don't want to have to hike over to SAB from BWV as a family of 6, 7 with my Mom, just to go swimming. We actually really like the BW pool, wish it had zero depth for the 2 year old.

Hard to tell from this but we do enjoy SAB and it has tons of positives but we have been there so much the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter