• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool cabanas at the GCH

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Thinking about renting a cabana for the day at the GCH this March. Just looking for any thoughts or insights, photos etc...

The price is actually fairly reasonable at $209 for a full day, 9:30 am-6 pm.

We rented a GCH cabana on 2 separate days in October. Both were half days, as we used them during our mid-day breaks. We had Cabana #3 both times, and it was fine. However, next time, we think we will ask for one on the end (either #1 or #4) as you only have people on 1 side of you. We ate all of the fruit in the fruit platter except for the pears that were hard as rocks. One day we used the cabana service to order food/drinks and it went fine. Naturally, this was slower than just going to WWS yourself and getting food, but we liked not having to do that. I don't have any photos, but can try to answer any questions that you might have.

I am glad we did it - because our trip in October was blazing hot. When we went last week, it was warm enough to swim, but not really hot, so we passed on the whole pool area altogether. We didn't miss it at all.

Thank you @Avery's mom for the feedback. I went ahead and booked one. I will request one on the end when we check in. :thanks: We will be there during Spring Break and I love the idea of not having to fight for chairs- there never seem to be enough. I am renting a full day too. It'll be the day we check out so hopefully it'll extend fighting off reality for a little longer. LOL!

We've rented a cabana there for a day during our two most recent October trips and loved it. (This last time we did it on a Sunday so anyone who wanted to watch football at the pool could do so!) We think the best one is the one on the end furthest from the hot tub (the other end can get noisy because of the hot tub). In our experience, we couldn't request a specific one at check in but we were allowed to do so when we showed up to claim it. That is, they allowed us to switch which one we were randomly given because we were the first there to claim it. In other words, show up early to get the one you want. :-)

Can you bring in outside food and beverages? We are thinking about renting a cabana at either DLH or GCH and the proximity to DTD means we might grab coffees or snacks but I'm not sure if that would be frowned upon.

Can you bring in outside food and beverages? We are thinking about renting a cabana at either DLH or GCH and the proximity to DTD means we might grab coffees or snacks but I'm not sure if that would be frowned upon.

You can certainly bring in your own goodies if you like. We snagged snacks from the CL and brought them down to the pool one day, and had treats from Marceline's another day.

This all sounds like something that my family would like to do when we are there in June. We are planning on having one full day of nothing but laying around the GCH pool. The only question I have is, how much seating is in the cabanas? The day that we will do this my DMIL will still be visiting (she is coming for a few days during our trip and this will be her last day), we are already a family of 4, will it seat 5 people? However, I really don't see my 2 DDs really using the seating area unless they want to get a snack or drink, they will more then likely be in the pool the whole time.

One more question...I see that in previous posts, it is mentioned you can rent a cabana for half the day, what is the price for that?

Last edited:

This all sounds like something that my family would like to do when we are there in June. We are planning on having one full day of nothing but laying around the GCH pool. The only question I have is, how much seating is in the cabanas? The day that we will do this my DMIL will still be visiting (she is coming for a few days during our trip and this will be her last day), we are already a family of 4, will it seat 5 people? However, I really don't see my 2 DDs really using the seating area unless they want to get a snack or drink, they will more then likely be in the pool the whole time.

One more question...I see that in previous posts, it is mentioned you can rent a cabana for half the day, what is the price for that?

Yes, you can rent the cabana for a half day. They ask that you check in at 1:45pm and you have the cabana until 6pm. The cost is $133.92, from my invoice.

As for seating, you should have no problem seating 5 inside, plus there are 2 loungers right in front of the cabana. Inside, there are 2 sofas that form an L. We had 5 people also, but 3 were kids. Even so, it had plenty of seating.

Yes, you can bring food in. There is a fridge. We always bring our own beer and snacks to the pool.

As far as seating, I like the sun and don't think it'll be in the shade much but my kids like a mix, DH too.

I am really looking forward to this. Glad I booked one.

:thanks: @tanyaegangibson for the tip on arriving early.

I'm very excited! I can book as of this Saturday for a cabana. It'll be a great down day from the Parks and a chance to experience the DLH

Yes, you can rent the cabana for a half day. They ask that you check in at 1:45pm and you have the cabana until 6pm. The cost is $133.92, from my invoice.

As for seating, you should have no problem seating 5 inside, plus there are 2 loungers right in front of the cabana. Inside, there are 2 sofas that form an L. We had 5 people also, but 3 were kids. Even so, it had plenty of seating.

Thank you so much for your reply it was very helpful, I talked to my DH about it this morning and he definitely wants to rent one during our stay for the whole day :goodvibes. I do have one more question, how far in advance can I book it?

@PoohsFan1 - you can reserve this 60 days out. Some people have said that they aren't released until 8am Pacific time, even though the phones open at 7am. TBH, we didn't reserve that early, as I recall it was more like 30 days. We only had initially reserved 1 day, but added the 2nd day while we were there. So, there can be last minute availability from time to time. Hope you have a great time!

Thank you again Avery's mom, you are such a wonderful help. We are looking forward to this, we have never rented a cabana before and it will be a nice splurge for our family :goodvibes.

Thank you again Avery's mom, you are such a wonderful help. We are looking forward to this, we have never rented a cabana before and it will be a nice splurge for our family :goodvibes.

You are welcome! I hope you have a wonderful stay:)

Do you get the fruit plate on the half day rental? Can half days be booked ahead of time?

What is the process of claiming your cabana? We're staying at DLH and have a cabana reserved at GCH in a couple weeks. My only concern is where do we check in on the morning of the rental and if it's inside the pool area, will we have an issue because we do not have GCH keys?

What is the process of claiming your cabana? We're staying at DLH and have a cabana reserved at GCH in a couple weeks. My only concern is where do we check in on the morning of the rental and if it's inside the pool area, will we have an issue because we do not have GCH keys?

Can you even do that? I would double check, because I'm not sure you're allowed to rent a cabana to access a pool you're not otherwise entitled to use.

Anyone have any pics of the cabanas at the GCH that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm wondering if a half day would be worth it for my family.

Can you even do that? I would double check, because I'm not sure you're allowed to rent a cabana to access a pool you're not otherwise entitled to use.
Yes, you can rent a cabana at either the DLH or GCH if you are staying at either. It is the only "allowed" way to pool hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter