Pool Hopping Reco

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
My family will be staying at the VWL next May with a Sunday morning arrival in Orlando. We will have PH passes and do not want to go into any parks that day. We plan on spending a nice day unwinding from a long drive the day before by spending some serious time lounging by a pool.:cool:

So, I'm lookin for recommendatins for a pool to visit. My DD's will be 13 and 11 when we go. They like the water slides and such, but are just as happy in a "quiet" pool. The WL and VWL pools are out since we will be spending time there during the week.

The new GF pool looks like it will be pretty cool, with a great view. But I'd appreciate your input. Maybe a pool that has other "non-park" related activities nearby?!:confused:

Please weigh in with your recos. I really don't know much about the other WDW pools.

And don't try to send me to the AKL pool just because I'm a rookie! :p

SAB seems to be the pool of choice for most DVCers, HOWEVER, I would like to point out that you CAN NOT pool hop to AKL antway, even if you wanted to. Pool hopping is NOT allowed at AKL. In fact they won't even let you park there unless you have a reservation number for either a room, or dinning for that perticular day.

The pool at the Coronado Springs is pretty cool. It is a Mayan Temple with a waterfall coming down the temple. The slide is not to bad, its not a waterpark slide but my kid liked it.

The Port Orleans pool was O.K. better for younger kids but still O.K. Haven't been there in a few years.

I think your older ones would like SAB at YC/BC. It's right on the boardwalk so youc ould hop over there and check stuff out. Plus I hear Beaches and CReam is a good place to eat.
Robin M.

How about Luna Park at the Boardwalk? It's a hop, skip and a jump away from the Miniature Golf course (Fantasia Gardens), plus you can rent surrey bikes along the Boardwalk, or water sprites from the Yacht Club. Actually since the 2 are so conveniently located you could tag team between Stormalong Bay (Yacht/Beach Club) and Luna Park (Boardwalk) - they both have *great* slides. I've heard there's a great (grotto?) pool at the Dolphin or Swan but having never stayed there I don't know too much about it. Good luck! :)

Great suggestions everyone!

I'm leaning towards SAB or Luna (or both) because we can get to the Boardwalk easily before or after we swim. Also, didn't I hear that the SAB might become off limits after BC opens?

Or we might just have to schedule more swim time during our stay so we can hit more pools....I think the Poly sounds great! And the Coronado does look cool, prplcrzy. My kids could swim every day. Not that they don't love the parks, it's just something about kids and pools that is a tough bond to break!

Do all pools have towels provided and changing areas?

hi: i know sab and luna park have the towels available. those 2 would probably work out well for the kids. my kids are older and really like sab the best. my son and dil just returned from the gf, but didn't go swimming in the new pool, just the quiet pool. they said the new pool looked really great.

GRANNY: We all pretty much expect to have pool hopping dropped at SAB when BCVs open. However, that isn't until Sept. 2002. Almost a full year away. Enjoy !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter