Pool hopping

Kay1

<font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b
I've never stayed at a Universal hotel before, but I just moments ago made a reservation at the Royal Pacific for July ( $99 ent.rate) I checked at www.uescape.com and noticed there's no mention of a pool slide. We live near Orlando and usually just stay through Priceline but I'd like something special for my son's birthday and he LOVES USF/IOA.

Anyhow, does anyone know whether there will be a pool slide or, if not, whether we can legally use the one at Hard Rock. They had a good deal at Hard Rock that would only cost a tad more than Royal Pacific since I wouldn't need to buy an Entertainment book. Any thoughts or advice?

I was going to post this same question today:) I did a search on pool slides last night and a couple of people reported that you can pool hop between the resorts. I just wanted to know if they will still allow this once the new resort opens? Do they openly say you can use the other resorts pools or do people just do it and get away with it? We are staying at HRH and my son who is 3 wants to go on a slide so bad. I read that the slide at PBH is not as fast, so I thought we might go over there to swim for a bit.
I would love to know the official word. I might just go ahead a call and find out for myself:cool:

I did call RPR a few weeks ago because I wanted to know about cabanas for our last day - was told there would be 3(?!) cabanas and that the final "decision" had not been made re: a water slide. Now I find it hard to believe that they have not finalized their pool design, but consider that I was talking to someone who checked with her 'manager' and perhaps they just didn't know the answer. Anyway, I was told that I could call over to the HRH rent a cabana there (which I did - saying I was staying at RPR) because guests of any hotel can use any pool during their stay. - My son will definitely enjoy that HR slide!!

I stayed at the HRH for the first time last Feb. I loved the fact that we could walk (less than 5min) to Universal. You didn't say how old your son is but that might be a factor in deciding on HR. I didn't use the pool but it's very big (but it's not very deep).

Just wanted to say thanks and please keep us updated regarding the pool situation. The proximity of the HRH is a good point and something I didn't consider.

Originally posted by Kay1
Just wanted to say thanks and please keep us updated regarding the pool situation. The proximity of the HRH is a good point and something I didn't consider.

But RP is right next to IOA! So both have good proximity to the parks. I was told the same thing about the pool slide! Geez how could they NOT know yet????????????
Any way I couldn't imagiine schelping all my stuff & kids to another pool just for a slide, just a big pain IMO! Hopefully they WILL have a slide.

From what those "in the know" are saying there won't be a walkway from RP to the parks, unfortunately.

Originally posted by nhrenee
From what those "in the know" are saying there won't be a walkway from RP to the parks, unfortunately.

You're kidding??? Geez, that could have easily have been done & when I asked they told me there would be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter