POP Before the Christmas Rush-Who's with me!?

monymony3471

DIS Veteran
My family is going Dec 10-19th 2008. We have 2 rooms (there's 7 of us, Me, DH, DS12, DS 10, DD4, and DD1 oh and my MOM.:goodvibes )

Let's make the time fly and get to know eachother and have some fun while we wait.

tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

Not completely to yourself. My wife and I will be there the 13th to 20th. So far from everything I have seen, that will be probably be the most empty time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The crowds really shouldn't start to show until the 19th. We can't wait. See ya there!

We went right after Thanksgiving two years ago and you are right about the crowds.

I know I'll be taking 1, and possibly a second stroller. Just not sure on how well the 4 year old will hold up on our commando park style without one.

Did you see the price of renting a stroller? Unbelievable!

We should try to set up a POP mini meet at the pool one day. Kids love to have "friends" to swim/play with.

We are trying to schedule one or two "relaxing/lazy days this trip.

I have 2 boys 12 and 10

and two girls 4 and 1

at the time of the trip of course.:)

we will be there the 6th thru the 13th of December..... fisrt time to the magic kingdom. wooooo hooooo I am so nervous and so excited.
I am a worry wart, afraid the busses will leave me behind at night and that I will end up as swamp meat :lmao:
Its hard for me to take it all in. dining, places to resever your meals, soooooo many parks and acticities. I am on over load!! But I am so darn excited I can not stay off the board. :rotfl2:
we are ataying at the pop to!!!

Gram how fun for you!:cool1:

No worries, remember Zippadedooda!

You will just love it. And no the buses will not leave you behind, unless you refuse to leave the park waaaayyyy after it closes.:laughing:

What restaurants are you considering?

This will be my family's 4th trip. 2nd time staying at POP.

Hi !!
Here is our list so far, I am confued still so it may change :lol:

8th crystal palace 8th at 4:00 dinner

10th Liberty tree 10th 4:00 dinner

MGM Studio's on the 7th
Hollywood and vine 7:00 dining

Sci-Fi Dine-In MGM not sure yet ??

Animal kingdom 9th Tusker House Restaurant ...

Epcot future worlds 11thBiergarten 7:00

Ohana ! 12th !!

We were there at about the same time in 2004 (back when we were still dating). We couldn't believe how empty the parks were. Our first day we were able to do everything we wanted in the MK in about 4 hours. Every ride was a walk on. We don't have any kids yet, unless you count us. We certainly act like kids while we are there. This will probably be our last trip before kids so we will have to start worrying about strollers next time. We drive there so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Where are you all coming from?

We were there at about the same time in 2004 (back when we were still dating). We couldn't believe how empty the parks were. Our first day we were able to do everything we wanted in the MK in about 4 hours. Every ride was a walk on. We don't have any kids yet, unless you count us. We certainly act like kids while we are there. This will probably be our last trip before kids so we will have to start worrying about strollers next time. We drive there so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Where are you all coming from?

We are coming from Michigan. We have made the drive, but now there's 6 of us and my mom always comes with us.

Hi !!
Here is our list so far, I am confued still so it may change :lol:

8th crystal palace 8th at 4:00 dinner

10th Liberty tree 10th 4:00 dinner

MGM Studio's on the 7th
Hollywood and vine 7:00 dining

Sci-Fi Dine-In MGM not sure yet ??

Animal kingdom 9th Tusker House Restaurant ...

Epcot future worlds 11thBiergarten 7:00

Ohana ! 12th !!

gram: these are all great choices. The only place I can't speak for is Tusker House. We haven't eaten there yet.

Our family all 18 of us , is going to POP :woohoo: for Christmas this year . We will be there from December 13th through the 20th. It is the first time for my step-son and his family. :woohoo:

Our family all 18 of us , is going to POP :woohoo: for Christmas this year . We will be there from December 13th through the 20th. It is the first time for my step-son and his family. :woohoo:

Wow! That's a lot of family.

My sister has DVC and they go to WDW in April. She also has a timeshare in Fort Meyers and I'm thinking they go sometime in the beginning of December.

We've never all gone at the same time, but I'm sure it would be nice. I'm not sure if our vacation styles would agree.

We are so park commando types. Hardly spend any time in the rooms.

There's a month to go before the park times are release. Then in June we should all be able to make our ADR's!

I can on June 13th. That's 46 days away!

I just keep thinking how awesome it's gonna be with only a handful of people at POP.

So much elbow room!

So much peace and quiet!

My kids can run around like a bunch of hooligans and I won't have to worry if anyone sees them.........

Come on!

Who's going to POP before Christmas?

Fine, we'll just talk amongst ourselves then.

The park hours come out in less than a month. Then 2 weeks later we can start making our ADR's.

I thought that if I could consult the November schedule, I could pretty much figure out the dates for December, but, they are not out yet, and it's delaying my mad planning skillz.

Yeah, I can get a little crazy with the planning. I usually make a spread sheet to include which parks and restaurants for each day. Thankfully, we shouldn't have to worry too much about getting ADR's when we are going. But we still won't decide which days to do which restaurants untill we see when EMH's are. I don't know how you guys do it, but we avoid parks with EMH's like the plague.

Yeah, I can get a little crazy with the planning. I usually make a spread sheet to include which parks and restaurants for each day. Thankfully, we shouldn't have to worry too much about getting ADR's when we are going. But we still won't decide which days to do which restaurants untill we see when EMH's are. I don't know how you guys do it, but we avoid parks with EMH's like the plague.

At our time of the year, they are very managable. We went to all of them late nov of 06. September we tried one and i said never again, that was in 05.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter