• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Amenities

Ryan2016

Earning My Ears
Hello all

My wife is heading to the pop century with her mother and I know they have changed the amenities but I can't seem to confirm all the changes. My wife was just wanting to know what she will need to bring that the hotel will not be supplying anymore

For example they have removed the towels from the pool side

Also I heard that they don't have a hair dyer or shampoo in the rooms anymore? Is that true?

Do they still have fridges in the rooms?

Coffee maker in the room?

Thanks everyone

Hello all

My wife is heading to the pop century with her mother and I know they have changed the amenities but I can't seem to confirm all the changes. My wife was just wanting to know what she will need to bring that the hotel will not be supplying anymore

Also I heard that they don't have a hair dyer or shampoo in the rooms anymore? Is that true?

Thanks everyone

We were just at Pop two weeks ago.

I don't know about the pool towels because we don't use the pool.
There was a hair dryer in a bag on the shelf in the bathroom area. Each day we got a bottle of body wash, a bottle of shampoo, a bar of soap in an orange package and a bar of soap in a blue package.
The fridge is still in the room in the cabinet under the TV.
There was a clock radio on the nightstand
There are no coffee makers in the room, but the prototype photos of the upcoming room renovations show a coffee maker, so they may be coming to the renovated rooms as they are completed.

The shampoo bottles are tiny, and I don't care for them, so I bring a regular bottle of shampoo from home (or add it to a delivery order if I do Amazon Prime Pantry, as they're cheaper than anyone).

We bring a travel coffee maker that makes a cup at a time. Cost $17 or so from Amazon, and it's pretty small (the size of a man's dress shoe I'd figure). I enjoy my coffee in the room when I wake up, and refuse to dress and walk to the food court to get it (plus, the coffee in the food court is horrible, I make espresso ground).

The room fridge is sometimes turned down all the way, so will freeze water bottles. You can pull it all the way out and adjust the knob in the back of it! Learned that after my first stay, when it kept freezing everything.

We never have stayed when they had towels by the pool. You can always get extra towels by either asking at the front desk or asking a housekeeper - there always seems to be a cart somewhere during the day.

We stayed at a value (ASSp), over Thanksgiving and as Scrapquiilter said all those were available in the rooms and there were towels at the pool.

Hello all

Thanks everyone
I dont recall Pop ever having towels at the pool. And this is my regular hotel for many years now (on and off...i rotate value resorts). Did they have towels many many moons ago that im not aware of??? Is this a new thing?? I was at sports this past Oct and didnt see any towels at all.

They most definitely do have hair dryers and shampoo/soap. Only thing is, there's no conditioner. Its "all in one" now. which sucks. I always bring my own shampoo/conditioner.

They have fridges for sure.

Coffee makers are coming with the new refurb which should start early this year sometime I believe?

The towels by the pool seems to be a new thing. I *think* during peak travel months they are now available pool side. you can always request pool towels from the front desk. I never bring them from our room. (I've never seen them poolside myself)

The toiletries are travel size and not the best quality. Bring your own should you not care for them.

Same with the hair dryer. I prefer my own and always travel with it.

We stayed at a value (ASSp), over Thanksgiving and as Scrapquiilter said all those were available in the rooms and there were towels at the pool.
Yes,Surfboard Bay and Grand Slam are the only All-Star Pools with Pool Towels.:)

Last edited:
Hello all

Thanks everyone

No amenity changes ............ was just there last week.

1) Towels were never by the pools .... until now .... last week there were towels by the Hippy Dippy Pool. (non crowded non swim weather so was no need) You always had to request extra towels or grab them off Housekeeping carts in the past.

2) There is a hair dryer. They removed the wall ones and there is a regular one in a bag on the shelf.

3) There is small bottle of the Shampoo Combo. One bottle along with bar of bath soap and bar of hand soap. We got a new one each day.

4) There are fridges in the rooms, have been for MANY years.

5) There has never been coffee makers in the rooms, so no removal. But rumors since they have shown up in the renovation renderings. Won't know until some rooms are actually renovated because renderings are often wrong.

??? Why did they get rid of the pool towels??? Lame Disney, really lame...

Values were never set up with towels by the pool. Sometimes on your way there would be a cart of them by the elevators but otherwise they didn't get rid of anything. On the contrary they are now providing towels at some of the pools, it seems the busier ones. ALl I did was grab a bunch off the carts each time and put up on my shelf so we always had plenty.

Last edited:
I recall reading that there are towels available but at the Hippy Dippy pool only. I hope this is still true. That will be one less thing to haul down to the pool with my crew :sunny:.

Hello all

Thanks everyone

There were towels at the Hippy Dippy pool when we were there in September.

Also, there was shampoo and a hairy dyer as well. I can't say anything on the quality of the shampoo because I always bring my own anyways.

They still have fridges in the rooms

But no coffee maker.

??? Why did they get rid of the pool towels??? Lame Disney, really lame...

Maybe is just me but using the same towels as I have in my room seems to work. I just get more towels if I need them. Or, if it's really important to me, I just take my own from home.

Thanks everyone!

It has been awhile since we have stayed at pop.

I love this board!

Maybe is just me but using the same towels as I have in my room seems to work. I just get more towels if I need them. Or, if it's really important to me, I just take my own from home.
Pool Towels are just another little convenience-one less thing to carry to the Pool and as many as you need right there at the Pool.:)

Yes, there were towels at the Hippy Dippy in the fall, we feel it's much more convenient than lugging another item down to the pool. So the question is, are they still there? Hopefully!

Pool Towels are just another little convenience-one less thing to carry to the Pool and as many as you need right there at the Pool.:)

I guess since I just take what I'm wearing and my magic band to the pool, a towel is just a thing to wrap around my waist and still be hands free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter