Pop Century Room Renovations

In the floor layout diagram, in the top right corner, are there two pieces of furniture?

One seems to be the piece with the refrigerator in the base. What would the other be?
I think that is just the bump out for the heat and air unit. Isn't that tucked into that corner now?

I think that is just the bump out for the heat and air unit. Isn't that tucked into that corner now?

Hmm. Possibly. I didn't think of that.

I notice there's no closet now. Although there's another "square" in the bathroom in the diagram. Wonder what that is. Maybe storage for the ironing board. ???

I think somebody said they thought there were built-in cubbies in the new closet area. That was early on though. Somebody needs to get inside and take pics of the bathroom area! Curiosity is driving me crazy!

I hope the various outputs on the TV are still accessible with the wall mount. We like to hook up an iPad or Apple TV for movies (we don't watch any real life tv on vacation - total Disney immersion).

I can't really tell from the photos but I hope I still have access to an HDMI port.
Most, if not all, flat screen televisions can be hung the wall, so it would only make sense that there is at least one accessible HDMI port.
Thanks for posting the pics. Appears I may be in the minority, but I really like the clean modern look, slim furniture, and huge tv on the wall. Wish there was a desk setup where the chairs are to be stored when the bed is down, but I deal with it for that room. Hope we get one in November
But then where would you store the chairs?
Thank you!

It's so weird it's a room for four, but only has table and chairs for two. Not that we ever used the table and chairs. Well we used the table top for storage, just not the chairs.
Currently all Value (and Moderate?) rooms that sleep four have table and chairs for only two. I'm curious why it's weird now but never was before :confused3

Most, if not all, flat screen televisions can be hung the wall, so it would only make sense that there is at least one accessible HDMI port.

Currently all Value (and Moderate?) rooms that sleep four have table and chairs for only two. I'm curious why it's weird now but never was before :confused3

Wait. What?!? LOL! You're right! I never noticed because like I said, we never used the chairs.

Maybe it struck me as less because the table looks smaller? Lol.

I just checked Art of Animation pics online and all the Murphy beds have four chairs. I knew I saw four chairs before!

So I guess my question should be why do these Murphy beds only have two chairs?

I just checked Art of Animation pics online and all the Murphy beds have four chairs. I knew I saw four chairs before!

Because the Murphy beds at AoA are in Family Suites. Not only do they have considerably more room, they also have a small kitchenette with a sink and microwave, so the table is intended to be used for the family to eat at.

Thanks loads for the pictures. I still don't love it, but I'm in the "Well, I guess it's not SO bad" phase, because I don't really want to stay at another Value and shouldn't splurge on POFQ.

What is up with the exterior wall color by the elevator? They're not painting all the exteriors blah neutral I hope!

In the floor layout diagram, in the top right corner, are there two pieces of furniture?

One seems to be the piece with the refrigerator in the base. What would the other be?

Could it be a closet? There is a similar shape in the upper right corner of the vanity/sink area. And look at one of the pics where you can see the edge of something next to the beverage center. I'm really hoping one or both of these is a place to hang up clothes.

My other big curiosity is the safe. Where is it and how big? I'm assuming it would be one of the newer coded (not key) safes.

Could it be a closet? There is a similar shape in the upper right corner of the vanity/sink area. And look at one of the pics where you can see the edge of something next to the beverage center. I'm really hoping one or both of these is a place to hang up clothes.

My other big curiosity is the safe. Where is it and how big? I'm assuming it would be one of the newer coded (not key) safes.

I took a few (very poor) screen shots from the Coronado video that was posted a while back in this thread.

They have placed a wardrobe in the corner of the old "closet" where the safe used to be on the wall. I hope it's what that square image is on the Pop floor plan layout.

IMG_3812.PNG IMG_3813.PNG IMG_3814.PNG

Great photos ..............

But, ugh, so sterile. Who thought all white walls were a good idea when every surface is hard. The back wall by bath at least could have been a burst of color that could easily be touched up. Hospital decor for sure. I just have no interest in staying in these which makes me sad, as I LOVE POP.

The interesting thing is that the walls in the AoA Suites are basically a shade of white/very light pastel color (with the main bathroom having a different "neutral" color); however, those rooms would never be called boring or sterile because of all of the colorful decorations and furniture. Disney could have easily done the same type of thing in the Pop Century rooms but chose not to. I really think they're trying to provide a "different" room experience here -- aimed at those who want to stay at a value resort but don't want the visual stimulation in their room. I wonder if they were losing guests to offsite hotels because (prior to now) all the rooms in the Value resorts "scream" Disney.

The tables on the Innovabeds at AoA are bigger than the tables at Pop. There is room for 4 chairs at those tables. The tables at Pop have always only had space for 2 people. Keep in mind that a suite at AoA holds 6 people so there still isn't enough room for everyone at the table. Also, the chairs at AoA stack so it's easy to store them when the bed is in use. The chairs at Pop don't look like they can be stacked. I'm sure it's all a space issue.

Ha. I like how clean it looks. To me the only thing better would be if it WAS sterile. I hate hotel room germs. lol.

Well no worries, you will still have all the germs you had before, the sterile design will just help you feel better about it.

That is the corner of the wall that bumps out for the A/C.

AoA sleep 6 and have a kitchenette. Expectation is you will eat in the room, and there is still 2 less chairs than capacity.

The interesting thing is that the walls in the AoA Suites are basically a shade of white/very light pastel color (with the main bathroom having a different "neutral" color); however, those rooms would never be called boring or sterile because of all of the colorful decorations and furniture. Disney could have easily done the same type of thing in the Pop Century rooms but chose not to. I really think they're trying to provide a "different" room experience here -- aimed at those who want to stay at a value resort but don't want the visual stimulation in their room. I wonder if they were losing guests to offsite hotels because (prior to now) all the rooms in the Value resorts "scream" Disney.

Oh I don't see an appeal in the decor of AoA at all, but one wall of color could completely change the entire look and warmth of the room. Not asking for the extreme decor, just a wee bit of color to avoid the hospital room look.

As far as losing guests to offsite hotels ......... that will be me now that this room has been done. Close to 25 POP stays and well, for less money I can get a much nicer room with two queen beds and breakfast included. And if the rate goes up, POP truly won't be worth the price.

Oh I don't see an appeal in the decor of AoA at all, but one wall of color could completely change the entire look and warmth of the room. Not asking for the extreme decor, just a wee bit of color to avoid the hospital room look.

As far as losing guests to offsite hotels ......... that will be me now that this room has been done. Close to 25 POP stays and well, for less money I can get a much nicer room with two queen beds and breakfast included. And if the rate goes up, POP truly won't be worth the price.

I know a lot of people don't like the look of the AoA rooms -- I was just using that as an example of how you can have white walls but still have splashes of color or accent colors throughout the room by using artwork and furniture.

We do need to remember that the Pop rooms have orange curtains that will provide a wall of color in the room. The rooms might not feel so sterile once we're actually inside them and can do a 360 look around. I always find pictures of the AoA suites to be dizzying, but when I'm actually in the room, they don't seem nearly as bad. Maybe the Pop rooms will be sort of the opposite -- very sterile in the pictures but very nice in person.

Umm...It really looks like that Inova bed is a Queen!

Why do you think that? I'd love for that to be true but I don't think it is. The frame on those beds is several inches larger than the actual mattress. In order for the Innova bed to accommodate a queen mattress, the frame would probably be as big as a king bed. I don't think there's enough space for that with the end tables flanking the beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter