Pop Century Room Renovations

Are their any hooks on the walls? I like to bring a hanging shoe organizer to put all of our shoes, camera, brushes, etc in when we cruise so thinking of bringing to WDW too.
There is a row of peg hooks on the wall outside the bathroom, near the adjoining room door.

It looks like there is also a hook on the side of the closet in the bathroom. Looks like just one hook towards the top of the photo.

It looks like there is more room in the bathroom vanity now for storage of toiletries, brushes, etc.

Well now that I've seen the real thing I am more open to staying there again. I am hoping to book it for a quick trip next summer. Thanks for all the pictures, @gasman61 !!

I don't know why seeing the ironing board hanging in the bathroom on the wall like that bothers me. Maybe if they had used a Mickey patterned ironing board cover I wouldn't mind so much. :earsboy:

I hate to be picky and really wanted to like the refurbished rooms, but I don't. The sample room looked kind of drab to me and after getting rid of the bed runner, they are even more drab. If they painted the walls the blue color from the art above the bed (like the bathroom), it would make a HUGE difference. They could at least put a few more colorful pictures on the walls. I also dislike the fake wood furniture.

Yay! I am so excited to see these pictures. We will be there the first week of August. Our number 1 priority is connecting rooms on our requests, but we have also asked for the 80's section. We have stayed in the 80's a couple of times, and it is our favorite section. I honestly didn't know they were doing room refurbishments when we booked. I so hope we get a new room. My only concern is that the pack 'n play that is needed for our granddaughter might not fit well.

Wasn't it always fake wood furniture, or at best, wood veneer. It's not like any furniture there is solid wood.

The furniture doesn't bother me. As long as it's clean. It's not like I'm moving in.

I like the orange. Except the rooms without a connecting door won't have an orange door. I think they do need more color but I like that it's not overwhelmed with patterns.

I love them, I hope to get one on my sept trip.

Me too! Now I'm browsing around the room request options on Touring Plans, trying to decide what room to request. We've always stayed 50's or most recently 60's lake view so looking at the 80's and 90's is a whole new world (or decade! ;) ) to me!

Anyone can say if they started to work on building 9?

We booked a preferred room for mid august, but I really want a refurb room! Might ask at check-in...

We booked a preferred room to cut on walking (I have terrible feet) and we are so unlucky at the All Star, I always get the farthest room from the lobby possible :( Building 9 could be a compromise !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter