POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the day! Just have to get through the flight from Las Vegas to Orlando and we will be checking in this evening!!

Does anyone know what the outdoor evening movies are for October at PC? I googled it and checked all the usual suspects but they are only posting September's movie schedule. Also, are they serving Joffrey coffee at the food court? Is it good? grin... Thanks in advance
I have looking for the movie schedule as well- no luck!

Does anyone know what the outdoor evening movies are for October at PC? I googled it and checked all the usual suspects but they are only posting September's movie schedule.
Also, are they serving Joffrey coffee at the food court? Is it good? grin...
Thanks in advance

Here's the link to the activities calendar, currently listing the October movies as I post.

And yes, all Disney resorts have been serving Joffrey's for some time now, including Pop Century. I like it. :goodvibes

How long does it take to get to DTD Guest services from Pop? We need to activate our military tickets and I'm just wondering if it would be best to do it on arrival night, we don't land at MCO until 7:45. Or just do it the next day preRD at HS.

How long does it take to get to DTD Guest services from Pop? We need to activate our military tickets and I'm just wondering if it would be best to do it on arrival night, we don't land at MCO until 7:45. Or just do it the next day preRD at HS.

I find getting to DTD from any resort, including Pop, to take much longer than I'd like....so what I say here may be more opinion than fact.

If you're not landing until 7:45, I can't imagine your being at Pop until maybe 9pm. Then you're looking at a potentially arduous bus ride over to what's likely a very busy DTD later in the night.

If it were me, I'd use the (hopefully quiet) early morning guest services at Hollywood Studios, if that's an option for you instead.

I have to agree with jcarwash.
We are just back today from Disney.
Our flight was a 7:50 landing, we got to POP at 9:10pm.
If you do choose to go to DTD when you get there, you would take the EPCOT bus (The sign in the line for DTD says after 2pm take the EPCOT bus). We went to DTD yesterday around noon and that was the only bus we waited for more than 5 minutes. We waited for about 15 minutes. By the time you get to POP and get to your room, then wait for a bus, it may be 10pm+ before you get to DTD.
A preRD at HS IMHO would be easier. :thumbsup2

If you by some miracle hit everything right and get to your resort in record time, and if you decide to take care of tickets that night, I would take the bus to Epcot and take care of them at guest services on the right before you get to the ticket gates. We tried doing ours at GS inside Epcot and the numbers didn't jive. We went straight to GS outside the fate and it was quick and painless.

Just back from another wonderful stay at POP!!!
Requested connecting rooms on our original request and during online check in we requested 50's, 4th floor - got 50's 1st floor and we got our connecting rooms which was our most important request so we were HAPPY!
Jukebox building is a pretty good hike after a long day at the parks but we loved our rooms with a beautiful view of the lake.
All the CM's were great and extremely friendly and helpful.
The food is definitely different at the food court this trip and it is continually busy.
There were 6 of us so we tried a few things.
>>>Things we really liked (or loved)
My grandsons LOVED the monster pizza slices and the mac n cheese.
The pot roast was wonderful (DH's FAVE)
The BBQ pork sandwich and the pot pie and the chicken alfredo were all really, really good.
We loved the sundae's for desert
>>>Things that we did not like at all
The chinese food:crazy2:
The sloppy joe:sad2:

I will say that we will never go in September again.
We normally go in Nov-Dec during the slower weeks (week before or after Thanksgiving or the 1st couple weeks of December.
September is HOT and muggy and I am from TX with 100+ summers but 85 in Florida feels like 100 then add the humidity and we felt like we were melting during the day. It drains you. We had just 30-60 minute showers the first 5 days then on Monday afternoon around 3:30 it started raining and rained Tuesday and Wednesday ALLLLLLL day long.
Thursday was our EPCOT day and the front part of the park was empty. All rides were walk on except TT and it was 30 min. Soarin was 20. The F&W was crowded and Maelstrom was 35 minutes!!! Thank goodness I had a FP!
Friday at HS was HORRIBLE busy! They even added another Fantasmic at 9:30.
Saturday at Animal Kingdom was busy but managable and we rode everything and was done by 5:30.
Sunday was MK and even on a party day it seemed busy. The lines were ok though. Nothing more than 20 minutes (other than 7DMT). It just felt crowded.

Sunday night we had the MNSSHP tickets and it was rained out by 10:15. It was flooding and just to get to the buses we waded in water up to our ankles in the lower sidewalk area's. It is really ashamed that you get no compensation when you only get 3 hours of a party you pay $62 pp for.

Monday night we had reservations at O'hana at 7:45. We left POP at 5, waited for an hour under the bus awnings for a let up from the rain and then tried to run to the monorail, again we had to wade in ankle high water to get to the monorail from the MK buses. They really need to get better drainage in that area.

Our flight last night got delayed an hour, meaning we would miss our connecting flight so we had to take another fight thru St Louis and our luggage went on to the Houston area. So we had no luggage until today but thank goodness it was at the end of our trip instead of no luggage at the start of our trip.

Overall it was a great trip:flower3:
Next year our trip is in November so I wasn't able to use the BB. I did call to check and it is still the free dining August 20-Oct 2. So I will be on the look out for the FD or hopefully a PIN :thumbsup2

Just back from another wonderful stay at POP!!!
Requested connecting rooms on our original request and during online check in we requested 50's, 4th floor - got 50's 1st floor and we got our connecting rooms which was our most important request so we were HAPPY!
Jukebox building is a pretty good hike after a long day at the parks but we loved our rooms with a beautiful view of the lake.
All the CM's were great and extremely friendly and helpful.
The food is definitely different at the food court this trip and it is continually busy.
There were 6 of us so we tried a few things.
>>>Things we really liked (or loved)
My grandsons LOVED the monster pizza slices and the mac n cheese.
The pot roast was wonderful (DH's FAVE)
The BBQ pork sandwich and the pot pie and the chicken alfredo were all really, really good.
We loved the sundae's for desert
>>>Things that we did not like at all
The chinese food:crazy2:
The sloppy joe:sad2:

I will say that we will never go in September again.
We normally go in Nov-Dec during the slower weeks (week before or after Thanksgiving or the 1st couple weeks of December.
September is HOT and muggy and I am from TX with 100+ summers but 85 in Florida feels like 100 then add the humidity and we felt like we were melting during the day. It drains you. We had just 30-60 minute showers the first 5 days then on Monday afternoon around 3:30 it started raining and rained Tuesday and Wednesday ALLLLLLL day long.
Thursday was our EPCOT day and the front part of the park was empty. All rides were walk on except TT and it was 30 min. Soarin was 20. The F&W was crowded and Maelstrom was 35 minutes!!! Thank goodness I had a FP!
Friday at HS was HORRIBLE busy! They even added another Fantasmic at 9:30.
Saturday at Animal Kingdom was busy but managable and we rode everything and was done by 5:30.
Sunday was MK and even on a party day it seemed busy. The lines were ok though. Nothing more than 20 minutes (other than 7DMT). It just felt crowded.

Sunday night we had the MNSSHP tickets and it was rained out by 10:15. It was flooding and just to get to the buses we waded in water up to our ankles in the lower sidewalk area's. It is really ashamed that you get no compensation when you only get 3 hours of a party you pay $62 pp for.

Monday night we had reservations at O'hana at 7:45. We left POP at 5, waited for an hour under the bus awnings for a let up from the rain and then tried to run to the monorail, again we had to wade in ankle high water to get to the monorail from the MK buses. They really need to get better drainage in that area.

Our flight last night got delayed an hour, meaning we would miss our connecting flight so we had to take another fight thru St Louis and our luggage went on to the Houston area. So we had no luggage until today but thank goodness it was at the end of our trip instead of no luggage at the start of our trip.

Overall it was a great trip:flower3:
Next year our trip is in November so I wasn't able to use the BB. I did call to check and it is still the free dining August 20-Oct 2. So I will be on the look out for the FD or hopefully a PIN :thumbsup2

What week in November do you suggest if you want small crowds?

Thanks, but when I clicked on the link.. it still posted September's schedule. Not blaming you in anyway! :) just saying
I also checked BuildABetterMouseTrap.com and they will post October's schedule on Thursday... today.. but as of 2 minutes ago... nothing yet.
Looking forward to trying the coffee!! :thumbsup2

Here's the link to the activities calendar, currently listing the October movies as I post.

And yes, all Disney resorts have been serving Joffrey's for some time now, including Pop Century. I like it. :goodvibes

Heard good news today... confirmation that Pop is NOT a designated Pop Warner hotel (first weekend in Dec.).

Just back from another wonderful stay at POP!!! Requested connecting rooms on our original request and during online check in we requested 50's, 4th floor - got 50's 1st floor and we got our connecting rooms which was our most important request so we were HAPPY! Jukebox building is a pretty good hike after a long day at the parks but we loved our rooms with a beautiful view of the lake. All the CM's were great and extremely friendly and helpful. The food is definitely different at the food court this trip and it is continually busy. There were 6 of us so we tried a few things. >>>Things we really liked (or loved) My grandsons LOVED the monster pizza slices and the mac n cheese. The pot roast was wonderful (DH's FAVE) The BBQ pork sandwich and the pot pie and the chicken alfredo were all really, really good. We loved the sundae's for desert >>>Things that we did not like at all The chinese food:crazy2: The sloppy joe:sad2: I will say that we will never go in September again. We normally go in Nov-Dec during the slower weeks (week before or after Thanksgiving or the 1st couple weeks of December. September is HOT and muggy and I am from TX with 100+ summers but 85 in Florida feels like 100 then add the humidity and we felt like we were melting during the day. It drains you. We had just 30-60 minute showers the first 5 days then on Monday afternoon around 3:30 it started raining and rained Tuesday and Wednesday ALLLLLLL day long. Thursday was our EPCOT day and the front part of the park was empty. All rides were walk on except TT and it was 30 min. Soarin was 20. The F&W was crowded and Maelstrom was 35 minutes!!! Thank goodness I had a FP! Friday at HS was HORRIBLE busy! They even added another Fantasmic at 9:30. Saturday at Animal Kingdom was busy but managable and we rode everything and was done by 5:30. Sunday was MK and even on a party day it seemed busy. The lines were ok though. Nothing more than 20 minutes (other than 7DMT). It just felt crowded. Sunday night we had the MNSSHP tickets and it was rained out by 10:15. It was flooding and just to get to the buses we waded in water up to our ankles in the lower sidewalk area's. It is really ashamed that you get no compensation when you only get 3 hours of a party you pay $62 pp for. Monday night we had reservations at O'hana at 7:45. We left POP at 5, waited for an hour under the bus awnings for a let up from the rain and then tried to run to the monorail, again we had to wade in ankle high water to get to the monorail from the MK buses. They really need to get better drainage in that area. Our flight last night got delayed an hour, meaning we would miss our connecting flight so we had to take another fight thru St Louis and our luggage went on to the Houston area. So we had no luggage until today but thank goodness it was at the end of our trip instead of no luggage at the start of our trip. Overall it was a great trip:flower3: Next year our trip is in November so I wasn't able to use the BB. I did call to check and it is still the free dining August 20-Oct 2. So I will be on the look out for the FD or hopefully a PIN :thumbsup2

Darn, how did I miss pot roast? Where was it in food court?

I'm sitting in the dark, with the kids asleep, at Pop, waiting for our luggage. Our flight got in at 5.45pm. I'm slightly worried as we didn't have the luggage tags, coming from Australia, but the lady at the ME counter said it would be fine and took the details of my airline luggage tickets.

It's currently 11.40- is it still likely to come tonight? More than anything, I need my camera/iPhone, etc chargers- lol!

P.S. Loving Pop! I had our bathers in our carry on so we jumped in the hippy dippy pool as soon as we had checked in.

I got my room request. We are in 70s and close to transportation. We are on Level 3, building 10

ETA- our luggage just arrived at 12.10am. Phew! He wouldn't accept a tip- is that normal?

Lees75 said:
I'm sitting in the dark, with the kids asleep, at Pop, waiting for our luggage. Our flight got in at 5.45pm. I'm slightly worried as we didn't have the luggage tags, coming from Australia, but the lady at the ME counter said it would be fine and took the details of my airline luggage tickets.

It's currently 11.40- is it still likely to come tonight? More than anything, I need my camera/iPhone, etc chargers- lol!

P.S. Loving Pop! I had our bathers in our carry on so we jumped in the hippy dippy pool as soon as we had checked in.

I got my room request. We are in 70s and close to transportation. We are on Level 3, building 10

ETA- our luggage just arrived at 12.10am. Phew! He wouldn't accept a tip- is that normal?

Yes, that's okay. Those delivering luggage for ME guests are not tipped positions. They aren't really supposed to accept tips. If a guest offers 3 times then a non tipped position (mousekeepers are exceptions...they are not a tipped position) may accept but they need to declare it to management or they can get in trouble.
Don't sweat it. Enjoy your stay.

Arrived at Pop yesterday (Thursday). Had done on-line check-in. Got both our requests, 70's and near transportation.

Room is nice, in good shape, no complaints.

Since we arrived around 7:30 pm, we just had dinner in the food court, did some shopping, and headed to the room. Very tired! Magical Express showed up around 10:45 with our luggage. Not bad. Cast member very friendly.

Food court was a mad house! As reported by others, ice and drink stands are a problem. Only one ice machine working for entire food court! Food (hot dog and chicken sandwich) was just OK. Cast members were very friendly.

Bed is comfortable, although sheets are tucked in too tight. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with George and Lupe, LOL!

Today, we're off to Epcot to meet up with friends from the Be Our Guest Podcast. Woohoo!

I arrived yesterday around noon. Requested 80s near transportation and got a 70's partial lake view. Pretty sure they knew this would be closer to the bus stop. Lol. Didn't spend any time here yesterday but I should today. So far, it's just good ole Pop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter