Pork roast in crock pot???????

nelson84

Mouseketeer
I put a pork roast in my new crock pot, the roast is seaned with Italian seasonings, what ever that means. Anyways what to serve with my pork roast? Should I thow it in a bun or slice it on a plate and do I use veggies or have a pasta???????

I always throw sauerkraut in on top of the roast add a little chicken broth and make mashed potatoes with it and a veggie.

I shred it with a little brown sugar and bbq sauce. Then serve it on a bun or sometimes I will put it on a soft taco shell with sour cream....YUM!!!

We do it one of two ways in the crock pot - with saurkraut dumped over it, then serve with mashed potatoes, or with BBQ sauce & shred & eat on buns as pulled pork sandwiches. Depending on how heavily it is seasoned with the Italiam seasoning though, neither of those might be an option for you. I'd slice it & serve with some kind of potatoes & veggies! Or applesauce - my mom always served applesauce with pork for some reason!

We do it one of two ways in the crock pot - with saurkraut dumped over it, then serve with mashed potatoes, or with BBQ sauce & shred & eat on buns as pulled pork sandwiches. Depending on how heavily it is seasoned with the Italiam seasoning though, neither of those might be an option for you. I'd slice it & serve with some kind of potatoes & veggies! Or applesauce - my mom always served applesauce with pork for some reason!

THat's from the Brady Bunch. "Pork Chops and Applesauce"

Spanish rice and a nice romaine salad with balsamic vinegar and oilive oil goes good for us:)

I've always heard the applesauce is supposed to help with the digestion of pork. Don't know how true it is because I'm not a meat eater.

We just had pork in the crock yesterday. We had it with buttered taters and of course my kids wanted mac and cheese. I marinaded the pork with A1 Chicago style marinade. My family all loves it. The marinade has a roast red bell pepper taste. Sometimes instead of make I make egg noodles to go with the roast.

Hot buttered egg noodles, sprinkled with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese, with fresh broccoli and hot rolls. Yum!

We just had pork in the crock yesterday. We had it with buttered taters and of course my kids wanted mac and cheese. I marinaded the pork with A1 Chicago style marinade. My family all loves it. The marinade has a roast red bell pepper taste. Sometimes instead of make I make egg noodles to go with the roast.

When you say marinade, do you mean you marinade first and then remove it from marinade and cook it in the crockpot? Or do you cook it in the marinade?

I add bbq sauce to the pork and then put it on top of baked potatoes that have butter and sour cream in them. Put some cheese on top, too. We then use the leftover bbq pork for sandwiches the next day.

I always throw sauerkraut in on top of the roast add a little chicken broth and make mashed potatoes with it and a veggie.

I remember the first time I tried this my DH about gagged at the thought of eating sauerkraut but I told him just to have faith..lol
It got done and he tried it and he LOVED IT!!!

I'm going to have to try that sauerkraut thing, just not tell the kids.
I just normally throw the pork in the crockpot and pour a jar of pork gravy over it. That's it and my kids love it! I serve with mashed potatoes and normally green beans.

DH makes a wonderful pork roast in the crockpot. He makes homemade mashed potatoes and green beans to go with it. Yum! :)

When you say marinade, do you mean you marinade first and then remove it from marinade and cook it in the crockpot? Or do you cook it in the marinade?

I marinade mine first and then discard the marinade before I put it in the crockpot. :)

We had pork tenderloin a couple days ago, sliced on the plate with rice, gravy and rolls.

Tonight, we're having pulled pork sandwiches. I don't like BBQ, so DH split it up and is doing half BBQ and half with just gravy. :thumbsup2

I just had my pork roast and it was yummy. I can't believe I ate the whole thing, I also had mashed potatoes and peas and apple sauce.:sick:

When I cook pork roast, I usually serve it with buttered egg noodles, applesauce and green beans.

I would slice or shred the meat and put it on crusty French rolls and top with a cheese like Provolone. On the side you could serve a pasta or macaroni salad....mmmmmmm now I'm hungry I may be making one of these this week!

I put a pork roast in my new crock pot, the roast is seaned with Italian seasonings, what ever that means. Anyways what to serve with my pork roast? Should I thow it in a bun or slice it on a plate and do I use veggies or have a pasta???????

Good job cooking in the slow cooker. My family likes Bag Saurkraut and cut potatoes, stick of butter. A lite water rinse over the kraut, drain a bit,
The seasoning on the pork will be enough.

or just put a little water in the pot, slow cook, and serve with mash potatoes and your fav veggie. Oh, and rolls.

The left over go for sandwiches.
Oh, this had to be one of our all time favorits :thumbsup2
di

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter