Port Canaveral to Vero Beach

jeanniec

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me the distance (in miles and/or hours) from Port Canaveral to Vero Beach? Thinking about staying there for a few days after our October DCL cruise.

We are staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort for a few days before our June cruise, so I have looked into this as well. From the Resort it is about 50 miles to the DCL terminal if you go by A1A (slower, but more scenic), or about 67 miles if you could over to I-95. I would suspect that either route would take just a bit over an hour to drive.

Of course those numbers are the distances from the DLC terminal to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. The town of Vero Beach would be an additional five or ten miles.

We stayed at VB in Novemebr 2002 and drove up to Port Canaveral on a Thursday to see the Wonder in port. We went up A1A, and it took us just about 1 and 1/2 hours to get there.

Thanks for the information. I never would have thought of A1A. Sounds much more interesting than I-95 which is SO boring on the stretch between Canaveral and Vero. I think we will take A1A for sure. The time and miles were about what I thought they were, but I wasn't sure.

I was very impressed with A1A. We left Vero in February and had time to kill, so we drove A1A all the way to Melbourne. WOW, at one stretch, you have ocean on your right, and river on your left, I would not have realized the left ws the river, it was so wide!!!(though I hve never seen the great lakes, so some may not be as impressed!!) There were white caps in the river. It took us about 1 hour just to get to Melbourne, but we were really putzing along. Dreaming how we would love to own a second place here if we could afford it, I called every agency I saw, forget it unless I win POWERBALL!!!

We have travelled twice from VB to the Port. The last time we took A1A for half the trip north it was a nice drive, some beautiful properties along the ocean and nice views.

A1A would give you some nice dining chooses. If you want to stop before you get to the resort. We always head to Green Cabin Room for our lunch when we arrive, talk about beautiful views. But now they have all the update dining.

The green cabin room is still the same.Th new Wind n Waves restaurant that replaced Shutters and Sonyas is great.We frequent there for breakfast,they also have a new pool bar and an amazing quick service restaurant with breakfast,lunch and dinner.Awesome cinnamon rolls and Dole Whip!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter