PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I know there was some discussion about construction at the hotel. We were in a ground floor 2 bedroom suite on the West side overlooking the bay. They had some scrims up on the building over on the East side but other than that we didn't notice or hear anything.

If you have any problem at all with your room just send them a text and they are wonderful about sending someone to the room. When we arrived one of the bathroom lights flickered when turned on and one of the 3 sliding doors to the patios was off the track and wouldn't open. Within 10 minutes of texting them a maintenance man showed up to change the light bulb and fix the door. If you don't let them know they can't fix it.

Speaking of construction work the hotel is starting to show her age. We had 3 rainy days during our trip, one of which was pretty steady all day rain. All 3 of the patio doors leaked pretty badly leaving wet carpet in front of all of them. There was also at least 2 hallways that had major water issues, though I have no idea were the water came from. I'm not talking just damp but literally standing water that you had to slosh through. They were trying to clean it up with shop vacs and then had fans blowing on it, but it was a mess.

It may have been mentioned before, but does anyone know the hours for the Vacation Planning desk? It might not even be called that, but I need to pick-up tickets that are a part of a Costco package and was wondering what time they open.

Is anyone there now that can tell us how the work on the facade is going?

Trying to determine how much impact this would have on a stay there in June if we decided on PBH as a resort.

It looks like the far end of the East wing has new roofing. There is still scaffolding up and plastic covers most of that half of the wing. That half is roped off and closed. No idea on how long it will last or what they will do next.
Other than that I don’t see any construction.

I forgot to report back after my trip! We stayed 11/15-19 and our original room was going to be one of the ones with scaffolding and tarp over the window. We had issues with the room (didn't seem like it had been cleaned after the last guests) and got moved to another room with no construction. But it did seem to us that it would have been noisy during the day if we had had to stay in our original room. That's not a problem for normal guests, but we were there for the OI meetup and stay in the room during the day.

Hi all--I always appreciate all the tips and knowledge shared here for planning purposes. I wanted to share that I was just at PB in a club room and checked out on 2/2/24. We checked in early on our arrival day--about 8:30 or so--and were told by the front desk that we could not access the club lounge until our room was ready. We tried our access key (thinking the desk agent was possibly just misinformed) and it did not open the lounge door. At that point, we figured we'd just grab Starbucks to get to the parks, although we had anticipated we would have time in the lounge for breakfast and a work call I needed to make. I called the hotel this morning to check about a deposit/credit issue and spoke with one of the managers. He confirmed that Club Lounge access is not available on check-in day until your room is ready--so potentially as late as the 4:00 pm stated check-in time. This was not my recollection from a previous stay in club level at PB, but that was some time ago. Also, just to share as well, we were not able to charge to the room keys until our room was ready as well. Seth confirmed that this is also PB's policy. Again, that seemed different than my previous stays at PB, but it could be poor recollection on my part. Just figured I'd share in case anyone needs to factor into their planing.

I’m planning to book a trip for early Aug at PB, and when I check rates for my dates, I’m not seeing any disclaimer about construction still going on at that time. Are there any mentions of when work is expected to be completed?

Thank You, my family really likes the club at PB, would it be a big difference if I decided to do RP club instead to avoid the work at PB? Noise is not the problem, but I need to be able to see outside my window!!

Thank You, my family really likes the club at PB, would it be a big difference if I decided to do RP club instead to avoid the work at PB? Noise is not the problem, but I need to be able to see outside my window!!

RP Club Lounge is smaller, but a little more intimate than PB as it`s not as sprawled out.

Yes, you want to be able to see out your window, I have seen a couple of posts where folks have had their window covered with plastic sheeting, not sure I`d want to take the gamble.

Does anybody know if I can leave my car at the Valet over night if I'm not a guest of Portofino. Cost doesn't matter, just wondering if it's possible.

For anyone traveling soon the whole east wing is under construction, as well is the bottom level of the bay. All restaurants except trattoria Del Porto are still open; you just have to walk under a scrim/scaffolding.

Thanks so much for posting this!!

Very much appreciated, it`s not pretty though is it, such a shame as it`s normally gorgeous to see the building when you turn the corner on the boats.

Hope you`re having a lovely trip!!!

For anyone traveling soon the whole east wing is under construction, as well is the bottom level of the bay. All restaurants except trattoria Del Porto are still open; you just have to walk under a scrim/scaffolding.
yikes, wow. Thanks for posting. We'll be there for 1 night in about 2 weeks. Good to know what to expect.

Thanks so much for posting this!!

Very much appreciated, it`s not pretty though is it, such a shame as it`s normally gorgeous to see the building when you turn the corner on the boats.

Hope you`re having a lovely trip!!!
Thanks! It’s still beautiful here if you look towards the west wing and the pools are lovely as ever. My room is a pool view so I can’t see or hear anything, but someone was checking in next to me and they mentioned a privacy screen over the room window so perhaps put in a room request for the west wing if you are here soon!

Thank you for this! Always good to know what to expect. I'm crossing my fingers that most of the scaffolding will be down by the end of May and won't be as intrusive as it is now.

Hi all

We stayed at PB in late January (sorry for being so late!) in a CL room.

We really enjoyed the CL room. We had plenty of options for dinner the nights we were there and breakfast was quite good. They had wine, beer and prosecco during the happy hour, as well as lots of snacks and cookies of the kids.

Dinner usually had a pasta, meats and cheeses, salad, bread, etc. Breakfast had muffins, pastries, cereals, potatoes, etc. It was filling enough. They also had something for the kids (one night was corndogs for example) but it was hit and miss with my son. Who is a VERY picky eater.

I've attached the menus they had up the different days we were there.

We only made one afternoon snack, but it was much more plentiful than I expected. There were nachos, treats, chips, etc. It could have done for lunch.

Getting to the parks was easy, we took the boat. It was a nice ride, we never waited long and it was much easier than Disney transportation.

Attachments

• PXL_20240123_220025403.jpg
    PXL_20240123_220025403.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20240124_224324367.jpg
    PXL_20240124_224324367.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20240125_180041534.jpg
    PXL_20240125_180041534.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 65
We’re a family of five and trying to decide if we want to upgrade to club for our stay in May. Is food basically out at all times and is it okay to grab stuff and take it back to your room or to the parks with us?

The club hours are on page 1 of the sticky https://www.disboards.com/threads/portofino-bay-hotel-info-faq-s-and-more.3494622/
you can save a lot if you can eat breakfast and dinner in the lounge. There is usually something for kids at dinner. There are snacks out in the afternoon - fruits and cookies You can take food to your room. On arrival day if you can get to the lounge before 3 you can stock up on cookies and drinks. There are danish and boxes of cereal which you can stock on at breakfast. The offerings at dinner are sufficient to make a meal for an adult.
The menus are above your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter