Portofino Bay Hotel - Questions

ford family

DIS Veteran
We are planning a stay at the PBH in August and would appreciate your assistance.

Firstly, how does the "3 Night Length of Stay" pass work? If we check in on Sat afternoon and check out Tuesday morning, can we access the parks on all four days or part thereof?

Secondly, can I obtain room sizes/plans, especially for the Kids Suite or other suites? As a family of five (18,17 and 14 yo daughters), the regular rooms appear too small for all of us to fit comfortably but I am not sure what extra value the suites provide as opposed to taking two rooms.

Many thanks

Brian Ford

Let's see...

In the Kids Suites, there is a standard room with a King and a standard bath (all the bathrooms are very roomy). In the kids side there are two twins, a small table and chairs, a tv with VCR and room for a roll-in bed. My young children love these rooms, and there is no exit from their bedroom which makes me feel safer at night. The biggest downside is that everyone will share one bathroom.

I have been in the smallest kind of suite (I think it is called a Portofino Suite). Once again, you have a standard room with a king and standard bath. The other room has a pull-out couch and another standard bath. I think you might find this a tight squeeze with your family. Maybe an extra bed could be rolled into the "king" bedroom.

What I would recomend is two connecting rooms, preferably Deluxe Pool View. The advantage with the Pool View Rooms is that the bathrooms each have a separate very large shower and bathtub. This might make getting ready in the morning a LOT easier.

Good Luck!

The information I have is that you can use front of line access the dayyou check out too. I am going to stay at Portofino in under two weeks, and will have either a garden or bay room. Actually I am getting two adjoining rooms due to the fact there are eight of us. After looking at the various options we felt this was the best thing to do.

We've stayed in kidsuites and while they are awesome for families with young kids(like ours) I also think you'd be better off with 2 rooms for 2 bathrooms and 2 tvs!

Make sure you have a note on your reservation that you'd like two adjoing rooms because of minor children. They say it's not guaranteed though.

On our last trip we were upgraded from a kidsuite to a Portofino suite like Sarahnyc described except ours also had an additional bedroom attached with 2 queen beds. It would probably cost a fortune if you had to pay full price for it though.
:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter