Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

I went to shondock island state park on a rally. Way to cold , rainy ,and windy to have really anything set up. So no sote pictures. Like above, only electric. Nice park, nice playground for the kids. Confert stations were new, and heated. Lots of trails, and fishing on the Hudson river. Place for kyacks and motor boats to put in. Clean, but a bit noisy with freight trains. 20210430_112324.jpg20210430_112316.jpg20210430_112328.jpg20210429_201253.jpg

View attachment 577092

Caledonia State Park, Site 138. Very long site, not very wide. Picnic table and fire ring to rear of site. 140 next to us in right of picture is huge.
Don't ya just hate that. You get 0 land and the other guy gets a football field. Give me at least half of yours. Put up a small fence, something so i can set up the corn hole. Ok rant over. Its still fun.

Lake of the Ozarks State Park Campground, Site 147, Osage Beach, Mo

We went out to Mid-Mo to see my dad. Despite this being a huge tourist area, there are very few campgrounds. This is a nice older state park campground. Electric hook-ups only. Some sites are right on the water, but not ours. We were a few hundred feet from the lake. Being an older cg, the sites aren't huge and the roads through the park are fairly narrow with trees all over, including right up to the edge of the road. Occasionally on both sides. DW wasn't sure we would make it through a couple of places. The cg is pretty big. Over a mile of roads winding down to the "lower section" where our site was. We did find a more direct way out going through the boat launch and swimming area parking lots to get to the main road.

In the Ozarks, there is very little "level" ground. The pad where the coach sits was about the only place.
20210523_082612_copy_2304x1296.jpg

Not enough room for the trailer, coach and car on the site, so the trailer went in the grass/rocks. If you haven't been to the Ozarks, the ground is mostly rocks with a little dirt and grass.

We had just enough window through the trees to get a good satellite signal though.

20210523_082434_copy_2304x1296.jpg

The facilities are pretty nice. This was the bath/shower house across the road from our site.

20210523_082423_copy_2304x1296.jpg

Sites were well spaced, although this is the norm for most MO and IL state parks. Probably needed to space them this far apart to find some semi level ground.

20210523_082414_copy_2304x1296.jpg

j

That looks like a pretty nice honkin' Comfort Station there, Teamubr.

Bama Ed

Camp Hatteras, Rodanthe, NC. Site 180a

Nice Place. We stayed there in August 2019. We had a spot about 1/2 down the north side of the campground. I wanted to go back again this year but my wife wanted to go to Maine. My ideal vacation was going to be drive on the beach every day for 2 weeks. Find a different spot every day. Bring a few beers, ez up, lunch, a couple of chairs, and stare at the ocean for several hours at a time while the DW and DD go shelling. I know right now the turtle season is not full swing. However we did a nest excavation in the morning. Came back to the cap later that evening for a release. Very cool to watch. I hope you enjoyed you visit there. Bonus points for getting a Tied dye shirt.

Here is a few pictures. The camp site was when we were leaving. The other is the truck on the beach at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.

584546584547IMG_20190729_090151266.jpg

Side note. The Class C on the left in the picture turned out to be a cool dude. They came down for a 10 days and drove all over. Had a ton of fun. I helped air up his tires the one evening. I ran my compressor for him. He was trying to fill the tires with a tiny 12 volt that ran for 20 minutes and didn't do anything for the tire. The family on the right side of the picture was from Maryland I think. Turned out he worked for Verizon who I once worked for. I installed a small pop up tent on the side of the trailer as shower booth to get rid of the sand. When I saw the cord he gave me I was like cool Mule tape. He was like you know what this is huh. I said yup and we talked for awhile. We rolled in on Sunday night like right at closing time. I got the trailer backed in and parked one shot. Ran electric and water. Drop the stabilizers and slid the slide out. When we got up the next morning, I went outside to check on the rig. That neighbor said to me he was shocked to see a trailer parked there in the morning. He said he went in around 1030 and never heard any of our backing in or anything. I finished set up the next morning.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter