Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

FYI I was able to upgrade my boarding group in the app from the hotel today for our flights. So you may not longer have to do it at the gate.
Were you upgrading to Business Select or doing Upgraded Boarding. The reason I ask is because the price is different between the two even though both are for A1-A15 Boarding positions.

Business Select is whatever the fare difference would be between what you booked and what it is now. Upgraded Boarding is a fee (starts at $30 IIRC these days) based on each individual flight and is variable like EBCI is in price.

Were you upgrading to Business Select or doing Upgraded Boarding. The reason I ask is because the price is different between the two even though both are for A1-A15 Boarding positions.

Business Select is whatever the fare difference would be between what you booked and what it is now. Upgraded Boarding is a fee (starts at $30 IIRC these days) based on each individual flight and is variable like EBCI is in price.
Normal upgrade. Cost $30 fee also saw this posted by SW back in May so maybe "this summer" is now.

FYI I was able to upgrade my boarding group in the app from the hotel today for our flights. So you may not longer have to do it at the gate.
Was it obvious how to do this? I traveled about 3 weeks ago and didn't see this option. Maybe it's new since then?

ETA: Nevermind! I see this feature was just added a couple of days ago. Very exciting!

Last edited:
Was it obvious how to do this? I traveled about 3 weeks ago and didn't see this option. Maybe it's new since then?

ETA: Nevermind! I see this feature was just added a couple of days ago. Very exciting!
I think it went live 3 days ago.

Last edited:
We have a late flight on Thanksgiving weekend. I was concerned about it being so late, it might be cancelled....I've been checking the other nonstops about mid day. Almost was willing to spent the money for the higher levels to get that flight.

Today I woke up and the flight we wanted was open at the wanna get away level. Got the flight we wanted and no extra cash outlay.

We have a late flight on Thanksgiving weekend. I was concerned about it being so late, it might be cancelled....I've been checking the other nonstops about mid day. Almost was willing to spent the money for the higher levels to get that flight.

Today I woke up and the flight we wanted was open at the wanna get away level. Got the flight we wanted and no extra cash outlay.
Similar situation. I have a dvc reservation over Thanksgiving weekend. Today I was able to change my flight to the day my reservation starts. I would have had to drop the first day of my stay, because I wasn't willing to pay $500 plus one way. Got them just over $200 one way. My DH ticket was no change in fare. Mine was an up charge of $11. I'll do it and the first flight out.

Similar situation. I have a dvc reservation over Thanksgiving weekend. Today I was able to change my flight to the day my reservation starts. I would have had to drop the first day of my stay, because I wasn't willing to pay $500 plus one way. Got them just over $200 one way. My DH ticket was no change in fare. Mine was an up charge of $11. I'll do it and the first flight out.
First flight out is always a good plan. But the day we were traveling it was 5 am. A tad too early by about 5 hours. Our DS drives us to airport. No way would we ask him to get up at 2 am. And we find getting up that early plus travel just ruins the whole day. Have a good trip.

Last edited:
I feel like this has been answered before. But I can't find it. If I have EB check in for 3 of us, do I also need to buy it for the 4th person who is 8, and booked as a companion?

I feel like this has been answered before. But I can't find it. If I have EB check in for 3 of us, do I also need to buy it for the 4th person who is 8, and booked as a companion?
No. As of about a year ago the companion (no matter what age) will be checked in with you. My companion is always assigned the boarding position ahead of me.

Just whining so ignore me. I had pretty much talked my hubby into a ”last minute” cruise Oct 14 (and ditching a prev scheduled trip to San Fran) on the Wish and the flights DEN-MCO costs are awful!! We fly points exclusively with a Companion Pass as well, but the Oct 13 and 17 flight so the kids don’t miss school are just too expensive. :sad:So not fair! We have DEN to SFO flights that same timeframe that are stoopid cheap. What’s up with Orlando then making flights so bad?

Just whining so ignore me. I had pretty much talked my hubby into a ”last minute” cruise Oct 14 (and ditching a prev scheduled trip to San Fran) on the Wish and the flights DEN-MCO costs are awful!! We fly points exclusively with a Companion Pass as well, but the Oct 13 and 17 flight so the kids don’t miss school are just too expensive. :sad:So not fair! We have DEN to SFO flights that same timeframe that are stoopid cheap. What’s up with Orlando then making flights so bad?
Fall Break for schools, Columbus Day being a few days before (the 10th) could be part of it

Just looking at the big school districts in my area
One of them is out October 14th with 12th being half day
Another is out October 13th and 14th with the 12th being half day
Another is out October 14th

Yeah I bought those dates because it is my daughter’s fall college break so we can go to HHN and universal hotels have been mostly sold out for quite awhile those dates. Wanna get away has been sold out a long time on the 13th and both flights are over $400 when I paid $163 each

Just saved $150 on 2 tickets in January!
Awesome! All the flights were at $86 or $95 on the way down for my date except for my non-stop flight...still at $173 (I paid $154)...tempting to switch to the other non-stop at $86 but then I lose my first half-day...think I'd rather be in Disney earlier than save a little $...

Awesome! All the flights were at $86 or $95 on the way down for my date except for my non-stop flight...still at $173 (I paid $154)...tempting to switch to the other non-stop at $86 but then I lose my first half-day...think I'd rather be in Disney earlier than save a little $...

Agreed! Luckily, I was able to keep the same, nonstop flights and both legs went from $163 to $126.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter