Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

MeMom - Loved it! I like how the safari was a hunt for the animals, and then you get a whole great set of new toys to play with! Your Pizzafari meal is making me hungry! Especially the brownies!

Does anybody have any ideas for a "Night Before We Leave For Disney" Theme? It would realistically have to be low-fuss for the night before vacation. I have read that someone likes to have a pizza picnic on a blanket on the floor of the living room and watch the planning video. Any other ideas we can compile?

These are awesoem ideas!! Can't wiat to try these out!!

Twas the night before Disney,
and all through the house,
no one was sleeping,
because they'd soon see the Mouse! :smickey:

The children were stuffing
their backpacks with treats-
coloring books and videos
and all kinds of sweets!

For the night before you leave, definitely you want to have paper goods so you can trash it all! If your trip is pretty soon, you could just go get McDonald's Happy Meals with the Pirates and Princesses themes. A picnic while watching a classic Disney movie or the planning video sounds good.

Maybe play an ABC game to see if you can list Disney park things that begin with each letter: Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, etc.

First off, love love love this thread! I've been searching for ideas to incorporate after we finally tell the kids...and here it is!

DH found a Star Wars cook book at our local library book sale (50 cents baby! :cool1: )

So I only have recipe ideas, but here are a few:

Breakfast:
Princess Leia Danish Dos
C-3P0 Pancakes
Twin Sun Toast
Mos Eisley Morsels
Oola-la French Toast

Beverages:
Hoth Chocolate
Skywalker Smoothies
Jawa Jive Milkshakes
Yoda Soda

Snacks & Sides:
Dark Side Salsa
Ewok Eats
The Force Fruit Fun
Tusken Raider Taters
Jabba Jiggle
Jedi Juice Pops

Main Courses:
Greedo's Burritos
Han-Burgers
Obi-Wan Kebabs
Galaxy Grilled Cheese
Boba Fett-uccine
Crazy Cantina Chili
TIE Fighter Ties

Desserts: Darth Vader Dark Chocolate Sundaes
Wookie Cookies
Bossk Brownies
Death Star Popcorn Balls
Wampa Snow Cones
R2-D2 Treats
Sandtrooper Sandies

If anyone wants any of those recipes, I'll be happy to type them up for you. Most of them are pretty basic, but very cute and clever! I also haven't googled any of them, so I'm not sure if they are on the net or not.

Keep the great ideas coming! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

just wanted to send another "thanks" to princesstigerlilly for getting all of this together! we did our Aristocats party last week and it was great!

we made crepes and the posted recipe for creme de la creme a la edgar...oh my gosh, that was the most deliciously, sinfully, fabulous thing i have made from scratch in years! the kids loved it and went through about 2 pounds of strawberries which they dipped into it!

before dinner, we made the Eiffel Tower on our living room wall (i outlined the shape with paint tape while they cut strips of paper. they then taped the strips of paper to the paint tape in "X" shapes to make the interior structure). it was nothing fancy, but they are 5, they don't mind!:

2008april10downloaddetroitlobsterla.jpg

it was cold last week, so i set up a little "cafe" table by the door wall with a candle and small wine glasses. (i was their french server). the broccoli and cheese crepe recipe that i found online wasn't a huge hit, but they ate enough strawberries, cheese, and french bread for me to count it as a meal!

the highlight of the meal is when i served them the creme de la creme in a dish for them to lick up!

after dinner, we went on a "tour" of paris that included getting their pic. taken in front of the eiffel tower, and at then end of the night, we did finally get around to watching a bit of the movie!

it was a great night, and i'm looking forward to hearing any more "night before the trip" ideas. i usually go for homecooked meals becasue i know we'll be eating carry out/fast/restaurant food for the next 10 days, but i LOVE the pizzafari idea, combined with an animal safari. so, so cute!

i have a new theme for ya. im new and my favorite disney movie happens to be the nightmare before christmas what about a theme for that? like you can do pumpkin pie and make some scare crows or something

Movie: Peter Pan
Food: Peter Pan Finger Sandwich
Drink: Neverland Punch- hawaiian punch
How To: Use Peter Pan peanut butter and or jelly to spread on bread. Then, cut sandwich's in half.

(this is my first post so I hope you like it) Enjoy!!

I am so happy everyone is enjoying all the posts! asktriplets, I love how your Aristocats night went, and I love the eiffel tower on the wall, very clever!

I can't believe I am admitting these to my Disney peers, but I have never seen the full movie of The Nightmare Before Christmas! EEK! I am 30 years old, and the stupid mayor whose head spins still freaks me out (you should see me when I watch "Silence of the Lambs" - HA! :lmao: ). I would love to pull together a full theme night for this, any ideas anyone???

Peter Pan Sandwiches - very cute!

I would still love to hear more ideas about "Twas the Night Before Disney Vacation"!!

Movie - 101 Dalmatians

Menu - Any suggestions for dinner anyone???
Dessert could be "Puppy chow" (crispix cereal, peanut butter,
chocolate, and powdered sugar)

Activities - Find the Dalmatian spot! (Make 10 black dalmatian spots and hide
them around the house)
Adopt a virtual pet together as a family (adoptme.com)

also for dessert you can buy black and white cookies.
sry no ideas for dinner

I am so happy everyone is enjoying all the posts! asktriplets, I love how your Aristocats night went, and I love the eiffel tower on the wall, very clever!

I can't believe I am admitting these to my Disney peers, but I have never seen the full movie of The Nightmare Before Christmas! EEK! I am 30 years old, and the stupid mayor whose head spins still freaks me out (you should see me when I watch "Silence of the Lambs" - HA! :lmao: ). I would love to pull together a full theme night for this, any ideas anyone???

I would still love to hear more ideas about "Twas the Night Before Disney Vacation"!!

Movie- Nightmare Before Christmas
Food-
Dinner- Deadly Nightsade Kebabs
Dessert- pumpkin king pie, zero pops
Activity- pin the nose on Zero

Movie- ( pick any Disney Movie)

food- breakfast-- walts waffles (fun fact- Walts favorite food was waffles)
lunch- Mickey's lunch meat sandwhiches
dinner- Goofy's gourmet hamburgers
activity- play disney scene-it

xxWDWFreak, great ideas! I will add them to the index!

I didn't know the fun fact about Walt and the waffles, very cool! I would love to develop that into a whole breakfast... any more ideas anyone?? I will look for a yummy waffle recipe to include! How about some sides and activity?

Wow! You've never seen Nightmare Before Christmas!? It is a really good movie, the ending especially, its so sweet :3

WOO! my idea made it up there X3 I feel so special

Movie - Finding Nemo

Menu - Fish sticks
Mac & cheese, sprinkle top with Goldfish crackers (looks like Nemo in anemone!)
Crush's chocolate wave cake (recipe from Coral Reef at EPCOT)
http://www.luxurydisneyguide.com/recipe_chocolatewavecake.htm

Activities - Paper plate Dory (cut a triangle out of the plate for Dory's mouth. Paint or color the plate blue. Cut out 2 triangles, one small and one large, paint or color yellow. Use the small triangle for Dory's fin, and the large for Dory's tail.
Turn your family room into an ocean of jellyfish! Buy a bunch of pink helium filled balloons. About 2/3 down the balloons, tape lengths of pink crepe paper to create jellyfish and let them float in the room!

:scared1: But I thought that "Fish are friends, not food" !!! :scared:

SilverBelle990, I LOVE what you did! If you find time, could you please post recipes/instructions??? Too perfect!!!

rellabee...I did think long and hard about the fish sticks, I think my DD would drop on the floor when she realized she was eating Nemo, but I came up empty with other ideas! A meal fit for Bruce, eh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter