Post pics of your bag you carry into park

we carry (or my mom carries)

String-a-sling-Backpack-11105.jpg

it's plain and simple.
we have one from the grinch broadway play that has a zipper on the front part which we may use. one year the string broke but we were able to fix it. :)

I just got this bag for my upcoming WDW trip.

Vera Bradley Hipster in Night and Day:
img-thing

It is nice and deep and has a lot of pockets. I think it'll be great.

However, DBF will be carrying a larger backpack that has sweatshirts/jackets, umbrellas, camera, etc.

This is for me that will be carrying money/gift cards and the smaller stuff.

I bought a black Baggallini messenger bag for our trip about 4 yrs ago. I loved it so much that I've used it as my everyday bag since then. My favorite things about it are how much it can carry without being bulky, water resistant, zippered cell phone holder in the strap, & I can swing it around to the front to get something out.

I have been considering this bag. Is the phone holder big enough for a Blackberry or iPhone? How big a bottle will the bottle holder on the side fit?

Thanks!

Bump.......
I am leaving in a few weeks and I am still on the fence about which one to get and was hoping that maybe some people have some new ideas/updates...:goodvibes

Bump.......
I am leaving in a few weeks and I am still on the fence about which one to get and was hoping that maybe some people have some new ideas/updates...:goodvibes
I just got back, and used my Piazza bag from ebags again. Fabulous bag, perfect size, only "problem" is that it has *so* many pockets, I occasionally forget where I put stuff! Can be worn cross-body or on the shoulder.

94553_2_1

The colors are more intense than what the website shows.

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553

Sayhello

Sorry I don't have pictures: I just got back from 7 days of high 70-low 80 temps Dec. 23rd and found my Black Disney backpack from 2000 very comfie and cool. It has tons of mesh pockets inside to make it easy for the security check table guys. DH uses his cargo shorts pockets. DS takes a string Chicago Bears backpack and DD uses an over the shoulder cloth bag.

:thumbsup2 This is my current favorite park bag! I use the cell phone bag on the strap to carry gum, travel advil and chapstick~ anything you may need to get to quickly. I use the clear zipper pocket for trader pins and the two mesh pouches to carry trader vinylmations. It keeps everything organized and the crossbody strap is nice~ doesn't even feel like I am carrying a bag! I think I paid $20 on Amazon for mine a few years ago. $12.99 is a steal! :goodvibes

I stumbled across one of the bags I'd been considering at TJ Maxx today, so I guess I made up my mind. :woohoo:

I ended up finding the Heys TravelMate in zebra print for $12.99. I LOVE this bag! It has lots of compartments and a place for a water bottle. The only downside is that my phone won't fit in the cell holder, but I can just use that to keep park tickets or pens for autograph books, so I don't have to search for them.

heysu334699_171982_jb.jpg

I just got back, and used my Piazza bag from ebags again. Fabulous bag, perfect size, only "problem" is that it has *so* many pockets, I occasionally forget where I put stuff! Can be worn cross-body or on the shoulder.

94553_2_1

Sayhello

This is actually the bag that I have right now and I love it, but I am thinking of getting one a little smaller as we have down sized what we bring into the park. :thumbsup2

When we went to DL in October 2010, I carried a backpack because at night, it got chilly enough to need a sweater. I carried the kids' stuff for them so they wouldn't lose anything and I also didn't want to fuss with 2 additional bags. Although it was mid 80s to low 90s, CA humidity is drier, so I didn't find a backpack too hot.

This time around at WDW, I was planning to carry either of these two bags, as I already own them:

AAAAAmlRrrgAAAAAAQaPoQ.jpg

or

64FDA3E798CC47B9A384C37BBE1DC1.jpg

But I'm really contemplating a waist pack. :confused3

I also have the smaller (top) MEC bag in green. Wouldn't think of going to the parks without mine. My WDW umbrella does poke out a couple of inches, but that's of little concern to me.:)

94553_2_1

Sayhello

This is the bag that I used on my trip two weeks ago and I LOVE it! I never ran out of room, and it never seemed to get heavy, although as the day went on, I noticed that if I wore it as a cross body, it rotated around me as I walked, but that might just be how I walked as I got tired. :rolleyes1 My only advice is to not put your cell phone in an inside pocket! I had mine in what I assumed to be the designated cell pocket, and on our first morning, I looked at my phone after walking for a couple of hours, only to discover that it had unlocked from hitting the other things in my bag, and had started to do all sorts of crazy things, such as adding new (gibberish) contacts, replying to people's Facebook statuses, and it even deleted a contact! From then on, I put my phone in the iPod pocket, since I wasn't bringing my iPod into the parks, and it worked much better, plus it was much more convenient for me to slip it out and check my messages.

:thumbsup2 This is my current favorite park bag! I use the cell phone bag on the strap to carry gum, travel advil and chapstick~ anything you may need to get to quickly. I use the clear zipper pocket for trader pins and the two mesh pouches to carry trader vinylmations. It keeps everything organized and the crossbody strap is nice~ doesn't even feel like I am carrying a bag! I think I paid $20 on Amazon for mine a few years ago. $12.99 is a steal! :goodvibes

Just wondering how the strap on the Heys bag lies across the shoulder/neck area...I have a baggalini crossbody bag that I used on our last trip and it rubbed my neck raw. I haven't used it since.

TIA

I wore an embarrassing large black 'fanny pack' when I went in 2002. Fortunately I wore it in the front... (And thankfully no digital pics because it was before digital cameras! :rotfl:)

And, since I am new here, I haven't figured out how to post pics of the below bags, so please bear with me! :confused3

Last year I wore a Swiss Gear crossbody. (searching for a pic...usually I am the one taking the pics!) It was really durable and I liked the organization but it was definitely designed for a right handed person to wear it crossbody. It had the wider strap at one end but it was the 'wrong' end for me when I wore it left handed. Drove me nuts the entire week, not to mention wearing a purse crossbody for 10+ hours a day definitely puts a strain on your neck. (I didn't even have much in it because we kept a small backpack under the stroller for ponchos, juice, etc. Anything non-valueable that we didn't mind leaving with the stroller.)

So...that being said, I am shying away from a crossbody for our trip. I definitely won't use the Swiss Gear bag. I do have a Vera Bradley hipster that I LOVE and use as my everyday purse, but I think it might be too big for me to wear all day every day as I won't carry that much in it for the trip (camera, ID, phone).

I ordered a Sherpani Qube which is more of a modern hip (fanny...) pack. It is adorable but the pictures were misleading because it shows that you can wear it crossbody as well...but...only if you are probably 5 feet tall! I just shy of 6 feet and it ends up under my armpit. Not cool for a hot day at Disney! :rolleyes1

Any other suggestions for a modern hip pack (lower profile that I can wear on my hip or in front, not on my fanny...)???

I wore an embarrassing large black 'fanny pack' when I went in 2002. Fortunately I wore it in the front... (And thankfully no digital pics because it was before digital cameras! :rotfl:)

And, since I am new here, I haven't figured out how to post pics of the below bags, so please bear with me! :confused3

Last year I wore a Swiss Gear crossbody. (searching for a pic...usually I am the one taking the pics!) It was really durable and I liked the organization but it was definitely designed for a right handed person to wear it crossbody. It had the wider strap at one end but it was the 'wrong' end for me when I wore it left handed. Drove me nuts the entire week, not to mention wearing a purse crossbody for 10+ hours a day definitely puts a strain on your neck. (I didn't even have much in it because we kept a small backpack under the stroller for ponchos, juice, etc. Anything non-valueable that we didn't mind leaving with the stroller.)

So...that being said, I am shying away from a crossbody for our trip. I definitely won't use the Swiss Gear bag. I do have a Vera Bradley hipster that I LOVE and use as my everyday purse, but I think it might be too big for me to wear all day every day as I won't carry that much in it for the trip (camera, ID, phone).

I ordered a Sherpani Qube which is more of a modern hip (fanny...) pack. It is adorable but the pictures were misleading because it shows that you can wear it crossbody as well...but...only if you are probably 5 feet tall! I just shy of 6 feet and it ends up under my armpit. Not cool for a hot day at Disney! :rolleyes1

Any other suggestions for a modern hip pack (lower profile that I can wear on my hip or in front, not on my fanny...)???

It's not a hip pack, but if you like your Vera Bradley Hipster but think it's a bit large, you should check out the Vera Bradley Lizzy. It's cross-body and smaller, but very functional if your camera isn't a bulky type. Actually, I have shortened the strap on my Vera Bradley Lizzy to make it sit at my waist like a fanny pack, just to keep it closer on rides, and it worked well!

This is the bag that I got to take.. its a KAVU bag, over the shoulder and will hold enough for me and my husband for the day..

992-GOLD-LEAF-400.jpg

I have spent way too much time looking at this thread haha!!

I love the look of the smaller messenger type bags, but I think we'll end up going with a small hydration backpack. I'll have my DSLR so it'll be nice to have DH to help carry the backpack plus having the option to switch out who carries it! I just found a great green Kelty hydration pack on clearance at Target. :woohoo:

When we went to DL in October 2010, I carried a backpack because at night, it got chilly enough to need a sweater. I carried the kids' stuff for them so they wouldn't lose anything and I also didn't want to fuss with 2 additional bags. Although it was mid 80s to low 90s, CA humidity is drier, so I didn't find a backpack too hot.

This time around at WDW, I was planning to carry either of these two bags, as I already own them:

AAAAAmlRrrgAAAAAAQaPoQ.jpg

That's the bag I always, always take and I love it!

94553_2_1

Sayhello

I bought 3 of these bags since someone first posted. I use mine daily and my mom just started using hers as well. I love mine! My oldest daughter got a Vera Hipster and it looks awesome on her.

We'll stick a backpack on my mom's scooter for sweatshirts/jackets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter