Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

Are they still moving ppl for free that are keeping their dates and not making any changes?

That continues to appear to be the case for arrivals before the parks open. I have not seen any reports for stays that occur after the parks open.

edited to add that a few people are now reporting moves from BC/YC to the Poly in August. This may have something to do with the NBA situation.

I was originally booked 7/5-7/13 - they let me reschedule when I called last week without any issue.

I just don't get it...we have similar dates 7/4-7/14 and they still have not contacted us, we called as recent as yesturday and they still told us nope, can't change just yet have to wait for their email. What resort were you staying at originally? Did you change your dates? What resort did you get moved to? Sorry one more question was there a price difference you have to pay if they moved you?

I just don't get it...we have similar dates 7/4-7/14 and they still have not contacted us, we called as recent as yesturday and they still told us nope, can't change just yet have to wait for their email. What resort were you staying at originally? Did you change your dates? What resort did you get moved to? Sorry one more question was there a price difference you have to pay if they moved you?
I moved my check in to 7/18. We were at the Riviera to begin with and kept the same resort. The CM had trouble modifying it at first, but got someone to help her. Keep calling :) I did this last week Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm at the mercy of my travel agent whose agency is associated with the disboards. I have been told that I can't modify for my dates July 7-14. Trying to be patient. Tuesday of next week I will be two weeks out! I wanted to shift my dates a few days to be there when all of the parks are open. But making us wait this long is making it difficult when I've already requested off work, booked flights that are not refundable and have a dog sitter scheduled.

I'm at the mercy of my travel agent whose agency is associated with the disboards. I have been told that I can't modify for my dates July 7-14. Trying to be patient. Tuesday of next week I will be two weeks out! I wanted to shift my dates a few days to be there when all of the parks are open. But making us wait this long is making it difficult when I've already requested off work, booked flights that are not refundable and have a dog sitter scheduled.
Have you paid your package in full yet?

We are to arrive 7/6-7/12 and I called yesterday and was told she couldn't make modifications for any departures after 7/11. She said more information should be available next week. :mad:
Some have been helped and others have not. I imagine those that have been moved weren’t supposed to yet.

I only have a small amount left to pay. I didn't pay it because I knew that the cost would be adjusted since I originally had free dining and park hopper. Now Disney is allowing resort guests to make park reservations beginning Monday. Which basically means that even though I want to shift my vacation 4 days to when parks are open, I'll miss out on the reservation system because they are telling me I can't modify.

I only have a small amount left to pay. I didn't pay it because I knew that the cost would be adjusted since I originally had free dining and park hopper. Now Disney is allowing resort guests to make park reservations beginning Monday. Which basically means that even though I want to shift my vacation 4 days to when parks are open, I'll miss out on the reservation system because they are telling me I can't modify.

We are in same boat! How fair is this to those who HAVE resort reservations and tickets and their stay falls on partial park closed/park open dates and can't do a darn thing about it yet

We are in same boat! How fair is this to those who HAVE resort reservations and tickets and their stay falls on partial park closed/park open dates and can't do a darn thing about it yet

I agree. Everyone else with stays June 13-July 11 have been able to make modifications. The only way this is fair is if they allow us into soft openings. Which nothing has been said about yet.

edited to add that a few people are now reporting moves from BC/YC to the Poly in August. This may have something to do with the NBA situation.
All of the reports that I have seen of this were from people who booked through a travel agency group block and it seems like all of that block is being moved to the Polynesian.

For those of you that have already been moved to a new resort- what is your arrival date?

Oh wow, I feel like you should call back. Most people are being given concessions for cooperation on rebooking and it seems very unfair that they just moved you to a more expensive room and canceled your benefits. What are you being offered in exchange? Just a higher charge on a more expensive room seems totally unreasonable.
If you had free dining before, they are giving you a discount of 35% off the room for the new resort.
my guess is they already got concessions. Only $100 more total to go from pop to old key west sounds like there was a discount applied as well.

from what other people have shared, if you don’t modify your dates you might get the upgrade for free but if you’re choosing to move them (which it looks like these folks pushed back to November), then you pay the difference and they might still offer you 35% off for losing the free dining package.

I did get the 35% off the Fort Wilderness room for November. I was originally booked for June 28-July 3 at POP with the original free dining offer.

As, I stated I did move dates to November and got the 35% discount.

That continues to appear to be the case for arrivals before the parks open. I have not seen any reports for stays that occur after the parks open.

To date, these moves are exclusively guests booked by travel agents. The agreements and contracts between TAs and Disney are a whole other level of complicated that I doubt my brain could even comprehend at this point!

To date, these moves are exclusively guests booked by travel agents. The agreements and contracts between TAs and Disney are a whole other level of complicated that I doubt my brain could even comprehend at this point!
Guests booked with TAs are booked exactly like guests booked without TAs. You are even booked on the same system. There really shouldn't be any difference whatsoever.

Guests booked with TAs are booked exactly like guests booked without TAs. You are even booked on the same system. There really shouldn't be any difference whatsoever.

Sometimes that is true. In other cases, the TA has access to a special block of rooms. In those cases, the way the reservation is handled is different then if you, or your TA, just book directly with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter