Postpone or Cancel due to Economy?

What effect will the economy have on your trip?

• Going to postpone or cancel, need to save.

• Shorten my trip, or choose a cheaper resort.

• No Way, Have to get my Disney fix.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

bsbrady

Disney Veteran
I was just wondering, how many DISers out there will be canceling or postponing their Disney trips because of the economy. I know its hard to give up your disney fix!!!:scared1: :scared1:

I'm going to move this poll over to the theme parks community board, as other discussions on the economy and Disney are over there.

There are ways to take Disney vacations and still save lots of $$$$

Personally, I have been doing a lot of cutting back on eating out, only driving when I must, and so on. Future vacations may not be as long as previous ones, but I still plan to take my annual excursion to WDW.

We worked very hard to get this trip paid off. There's NO WAY we are backing out now!

I got laid off in June after 21 years on the job & there was no way I was cancelling my Disney vacation in September. It was probably the only thing that kept me sane after losing my job!! :goodvibes

We will still be taking our trips to Disney...and in fact...we are moving to Orlando so we will have the opportunity to take many days trips now as well!

I got laid off in June after 21 years on the job & there was no way I was cancelling my Disney vacation in September. It was probably the only thing that kept me sane after losing my job!! :goodvibes

That was me last year
Lost my job after 16yrs, company relocated to another state
Our Disney trip was already planned and paid for
and your right, having that to look forward to saved me :wizard:

nope....we probably won't go again til Dec 2010, but we are going for 10 days this Dec and we are treating ourselves to a lot of firsts:woohoo:
only 66 days to go:santa:

No way! It is paid for and we would have to pay the airlines to change our fly dates or be out the cost of the plane tickets....So DW we are on our way.

We leave in just a little over 24 days - there's NO WAY we're changing plans now. And our trip next Feb. for DW & my 15th anniversary is also off-limits... and the trip with my boys next summer is still a go... we can tighten up other areas if needed, but this is our "thing" - some people have camping, or Vegas, or the beach... we have Disney. :)

We had to postpone our December 2008 to May 2009. Then my inlaws postponed our Grand Gathering that we were supposed to go on December 2009 to May 2010.

My trip this past August had to be cancelled as I was diagnosed with cancer and had to have emergancy surgery. By the grace of God, the doctor was able to get it all.:cool1: While I am doing the radiation and kemo, I will be planning my trip to WDW to celebrate the fact that I am whole!!!! So everyone, please celebrate with me!!!

We worked very hard to get this trip paid off. There's NO WAY we are backing out now!

Same here. Most likely will be a long time before we get back so we are going to try to make the best of this trip. See and do all that is possible. Plenty of pictures, and plenty of video taping.

My trip this past August had to be cancelled as I was diagnosed with cancer and had to have emergancy surgery. By the grace of God, the doctor was able to get it all.:cool1: While I am doing the radiation and kemo, I will be planning my trip to WDW to celebrate the fact that I am whole!!!! So everyone, please celebrate with me!!!

That's wonderful news! Congrats to you and here's a big hug :hug:

For me, I trust God. He always provides. I am going on a cruise and to Disney twice next year. 2009 might be the last time I take vacation in a while, but I am blessed enough to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter