• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PP or a Harbor Blvd hotel?

hambirg

<font color=blue>Has tooted quietly in church<font
I am so tempted to go with the PP for 4 nights with the 5th night free. It works out to $128 a night. There is me my DH, DD8, DS4 and DD2. It looks like we would be comfortable with the fold down couch. Or. . . do I go with a offsite place. We stayed at Desert Inn once about 8yrs ago. It was just ok. The location was great and we had a parlor suite that my husband loved. He likes to stay up late and watch tv. That gets difficult with the little ones sometimes. There are some really good rates for suite offsite places, but I'm not sure if I want to be that far off. Ugh! :confused3 What would you do and why?

This really depends on what your priorities are. There are many, very nice offsite hotels for much less $$ within walking distance of the parks. If your family would be more comfortable in a suite, there are several hotels in the area with have family suites.

The standard room at the PPH is going to be one big room. If your husband wants to stay up and watch TV, this is going to be inconvenient for him. The fold-down sofa has plenty of room on it for one of your children, and my 5yo DD enjoyed it immensely.

For my family, the PPH is the favorite place to stay. We love being on-site, even though in DL it's not as big of a deal as it is at WDW. It's just part of being in the magic for us. We love the beach theme, too.

However, for your family, it sounds like you might be more comfortable off-site. The Disboards are a wealth of information--I'll bet someone on here can recommend a good place to stay.

Just saw this on another thread, it's from dsnylndmom...

If Hojo's is unavailable try
Best Western Park Place Inn, it's THE closest offsite hotel and you get a choice of basic continental breakfast or strawberry pancakes. They have basic rooms and mini suites. Rooms are very well kept and the service is very good, they have a small pool but a large hot tub.

Also decent and RIGHT across the street are
Tropicana, very basic but very clean and good service decent continental breakfast too.

Carousal Inn we had an "eh okay" stay there 6 years ago but I've heard it's gotten much much better.

Park Inn-I haven't stayed at this one yet(I will in July!!!) but it gets wonderful reviews. It'll will be the most expensive of the four.

All 4 places have mini fridges and microwaves, so you can bring snacks, juices water etc from home for the room.

Stay away from Del Sol, Castle Inn & Suites & Park Vue all of which have been deemed "roach motels" at one point or another. Also, the Desert Inn & Suites has reallllly gone downhill in the last couple of years.

The thread isn't all about hotels, but if you want to view it you can click here .

Thanks, that was a good thread. I think I will check out those recommended on Harbor and Hojo and Candy Cane Inn. I'll see what kind of prices I come up with. :cool1:

We weren't big fans of Paradise Pier. We liked the Hilton and Residence Inn much better. No onsite laundry at Paradise Pier, the restaurant choices were limited. Not much theming either.

If you can afford it, and get the free night deal at DLH, I think you and your kids would love it. Otherwise, I would probably go with HoJo or another off-site hotel rather than PP.

Thanks for all the great input. I think we will go with Hojo. We went to WDW twice recently and I feel more like saving a little $ on this trip. At DL I don't think it makes as big of a difference staying offsite. Plus I'd like to hit some offsite restaurants, like Joe's Crab Shack. It looks like great fun and we're big seafood lovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter