'Practically Perfect in Every way' - Summer 2011 Trip

Princess Clayre

Mouseketeer
Well here it is, my very first trip report :)

Our trip took place from the 28th July through 3rd August staying part of the trip in Paris and Part in Disneyland Paris. My husband and I have visit Disneyland Paris before however a long time ago. It was my son Jack's first visit, however he has done a few WDW trips.

Here we are:
6013868349_3605414a7b_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Me, Clayre (34), Hubby, Justin (38) and My Son Jack (6). At least we are claiming these ages for now as it's all our birthdays this month!

Day One - Travel Day - Otherwise known as Trains Trains and More Trains!

We were up and raring to go around 7am. None of us had slept very well as we were too excited! My Dad gave us a lift to the train station and as there was no traffic we were there with time to spare. I allowed Jack to finally open his backpack to see goodies I had packed for him. I always like to get some inexpensive new things to keep him entertained when we travel. I was pleased with my Disneys fines this year; A cars 2 story book, Cars 2 colouring pack, Disney Friends magazine, drawing pad, pens and a new autograph book. I’d also packed old favourites like his DS Lite and had loaded a few episodes of Doctor Who on my ipod for him.

We boarded our first train at 0933 and had an uneventful journey to Newport, then changed for our connection to Paddington. We were lucky to be travelling 1st class on this leg so had loads of space. Jack settled down to some colouring and I enjoyed a well deserved cuppa. We arrived in Paddington about 12.30 and took a taxi to St Pancras. Hubby though this might be easier with the baggage but in hindsight we should had just stuck with the tube as the traffic was bad and the weather was hot!

We grabbed a bite to eat in St Pancras and then went for a quick look about the shops before checking in for the Eurostar. I have to say a was really impressed with how easy the ‘print at home’ tickets scan and how quickly we passed though the security check. However as we were picking up our bags from the scanner I relaised that my son longer had his bear in with him :scared1: He thought he had left him in the children's corner of the bookstore. I went to explain to the staff what had happen and ask if there was anyway we could go back to get him. I really thought they would say no but they were great. I lady took me though a back entrance and walked with me to the bookstore. There was the bear still sat on the stool :worship: Potential disaster adverted we went into the departure lounge.

Our train departed on time. We had lots of space again with table seats in the Premier coach. The french staff were really friendly and were quick to clear away finished drink/plates. We arrived at Gare Du Nord on time around 18.15.

We were staying overnight in Paris, near Notre Dame. We figured this would let us rest up from the journey and we could be up and in Disney early tomorrow. We found our way to the RER and purchased a carnet of tickets. Thanks Carrie Cat for the tip on this :thumbsup2 (Just a word of warning here; the machines are easy to use however they do not seem to take euro notes, only cards or coins. Chip & pin works fine thought) We caught a very crowned RER train to St Michael but luckily it was only 2 stops down.

Now we picked our overnight hotel for a couple of reasons, one being it was right by the RER station. We walked it on google earth from home to know where we were going however when we came out of the station it all looked completely different. It turns out as RER C is being renovated at the moment the other exit had been closed. After 10 mins wandering and quick use of the GDS on the iphone (thank god for technology) we located the hotel and checked in. Here’s our room:
6013585885_3a283b6f38_m.jpg
[/url]
Untitled[/IMG]

Slightly strange arrangement with a window from the bedroom through to the bathroom but fine for an overnight stop.

We went for a look on the roof terrace (the other reason we picked this hotel). Jack was very excited to get in first view of the Eiffel Tower. We then went down for a quick drink in the bar and shared a bar snack before calling it a night.

View from the Roof Terrace:
6014133750_86054ed6d5_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Aw looking forward to reading the rest! Thank goodness you found the teddy bear! When I was that age, if I lost my teddy WW3 would start!

When I used the metro in July I noticed that some stations had machines that took notes, coins and cards, and other stations just took coins and cards. It was kind of hit and miss.

Aw looking forward to reading the rest! Thank goodness you found the teddy bear! When I was that age, if I lost my teddy WW3 would start!
i

I really thought the holiday was going to be ruined.Thank goodness for the wonderful Eurostar staff.

Day Two - Let the Magic Begin

We were up bright and early at 7am - Jack’s first words this morning ‘Were going to Disney Today!’. We quickly got ready and organised the bags so we had things ready for the day ahead. None of us were hungry yet so we headed straight for the metro. The trip was straight forward, we even got a fabulous busker playing the Accordion, playing “proper French Music’ as Jack put it :rotfl: We headed off the train and through the Disney Village to the Hotel New York. This was to be our home for the next 3 nights. It was around 9am and there was no-one at check in. We picked breakfast slots for 7.30am and were told a room was ready for us! We had been given a lovely room with high ceilings over looking lake disney, however it had a bed and a sofa bed. I knew Jack wouldn’t sleep so well on a sofabed so phoned down to see if there was any chance of having a 2 double bedded room? They had that was fine but it wouldn’t be ready till later. No problem as we hadn’t expected a room so early. I did feel very ungrateful as it was a lovely room but disney and a good nights sleep are a must :goodvibes

We dropped our bags off for storage and headed across the way to Earl of Sandwich for Breakfast. We love the one in Florida so were so pleased they had one here too now. Rolls were yummy as ever and after a quick loo stop we headed in the Disneyland Parc.

I had originally thought we wouldn’t be at the Park until 11am ish but it was 10.15am and here we were walking into the Park :cloud9:

We came out into main street slightly to the side so Jack couldn’t yet see the castle. But after a few side steps there it was. It looked so beautiful even though it was foggy this morning. Jack literally squealed at the sight of it. Disney magic at it’s best. We did a silly dance along main street (yes we’re that kind of family) and headed off toward Fontierland.

The plan was to grab fastpasses for Thunder Mountain and then head to Pirates, however the queue time for Thunder Mountain was only showing 5 minutes. As we walked though the queue we decided the queue time must be wrong. There was defiantly more than 5 mins worth of people in the queue but we were happy to wait. It turn out it was more like a 30 minute queue but so worth it. This version is so much better than either the WDW or DL ones. Jack loved it but then it is his favourite WDW ride.

We headed to POTC which only had a 5 minute queue (for real this time) and then headed into Fantasyland. Wow this area is so pretty. I love all the space they have in DLP and the planting is so pretty. After a few photo’s we headed to Alice’s Maze and had lots of fun exploring. I had thought i’d read there was a slide for kids to come down, but no, so Jack was disappointed (note to self, be careful what you promise!).

6013587593_d9d7aa294c.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Jack was desperate to go and explore the castle now as i’d told him about the Dragon and upstairs parts so we headed there. I don’t think I’ve ever been up to see the sleeping beauty story before. It’s so beautifully done. Jack really enjoyed this, next to visit the dragon which was another hit with Jack!

6013587949_28ee61e480_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6013588247_b0d77a4f96_m.jpg
[/url]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66049441@N07/6013588247/[/IMG]
6014136698_0731693ce4_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6013588593_d6709b19a5_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

It was coming up to 1pm by now so we decided to get some lunch at Toad Hall. We shared a Menu 3 plus 1 individual fish and chips between us. The portions were good so there was more than enough. The restaurant is so sweet inside, especially the toad wallpaper.

The sun was breaking though now, so we decided to head to StoryBook Boats. This was a walk on. I was quite excited to see the Beast Castle as I think this is a model of how the Florida one is going to look. I never did get a photo though:confused3

6014137096_02b43005b8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014137546_8260411c71.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Jack spotted the Casey Junior train but I warn him there’s usually a big queue but we would go a check. Casey’s Junior was only a 20 minute wait, result. We headed pass IASW but Jack wasn’t bother about riding this so we carried on toward Discoveryland. Here we bumped into Walle & Eve. Jack loves Walle so he had a quick photo.

6013590105_43ddefb372.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Buzz and Orbitron had 40 minute ish queue so we decided to leave those for EMH. Autopia was only 20 wait so we decided to do this next.

Now I know this get mixed reviews but I have to say as a family we alway enjoy the Florida version. Paris’ version is so much better. The landscaping is beautiful, I love the slightly more modern looking cars and the track layout is great. The cast member placed us on opposite sides of the loading area so we could go a round side by side. We did split at points but we had so much fun. Sadly this was to be our only ride of the trip.

The sun was shinning fully by this time and the castle was gleaming! I couldn’t believe how much we had already got done and it was only just gone 3pm. We decided to head back to HNY, get our room and do a bit of unpacking.

There was still no queue at check in so we were quickly assigned room 3233 in Brownstones. It was right by the elevator, which was great. Sadly the view was overlooking the convention centre, but hey we couldn’t have everything. The rooms could do with a bit of a re-furb but it was clean with loads of space and the beds are super comfy. Hubby popped down to explore the hotel while I did a bit of un-packing. He also organised for a kettle. I’d brought my own green tea and some cappuccino sachets, so we just purchased a couple of mugs from the shop that we brought home with us.

Day two to continue soon..........

yep :thumbsup2 - the photos are great Clayre! I'm also very impressed with the amount you got done so far on your first day :worship: - we've not made in on Autopia yet in 9 visits!

What a fabulous first day!! We don't ever manage Autopia either but I'm going to put it on our list for the next time. :thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, there was a slide inside Alice's Maze years ago. I seem to recall that the kids shot out at a great speed and it was later closed as deemed a safety hazzard.

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Day Two Cont.......

We headed back to the park around 5pm. On the way out we enquired at concierge for reservations for Cafe Mickey or Agrabah Cafe. They could fit us in at Agrabah Cafe, so we booked for 7pm. We went back the the main park and decided to explore Adventure Island. We had lots of fun exploring the bridges and caves. Does the waterfall still operating around skull rock when they’re not refurbishing? It was something I remember quite well from my last visit so it seemed empty without it.

As we came off adventure island Aladdin came out so we were second in line to meet him. Jack then had lots of fun with the lamp.

6013590463_daa9f97dd2_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6014138640_ebbf1e83ba.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

After this we headed back over to Discoveryland where the boys rode Star Tours (5 mins wait) and then we all went to see Captain EO. Captain EO was slightly longer then I remembered from our Florida trip last year so when we came out it was already 7pm. We started to make a dash for the restaurant but I’d forgotten the parade route was blocking our way. We had to climb over people 5 rows deep to get by. I’m so sorry to anyone that was sitting there :rolleyes1

We made it to Agrabah Cafe about 7.15 but they were quiet so it wasn’t a problem.

6014138972_cc55546b86.jpg
[/url][/IMG](photo)

We really enjoyed the buffet selection here. Lots of great salads, cous cous, meatballs and some very yummy Turkey Kebabs. Jack found plenty to eat too but he’s quiet an adventurous eater. They also had a good dessert selection. The only downside is they tend to leave you alone and so no-one came to check if we wanted further drinks.

After we left the restaurant we had walk through Aladdin's Passage and head back out the park via Liberty Arcade. We went to New York in February so we took a bit of time look at the exhibition before leaving the park. The setting sun was casting a lovely light over Fantasy Garden’s so we took a few moments to enjoy the area and take few photo’s as there weren't many people about.

6013591347_09f5b4aca6.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6014139944_22f096eb05.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6013591699_1ee687dcac.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6014140354_f11015ef02.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

We made it back to the hotel around 9pm and knew there w
as no way we would make it down to breakfast for 7.30 so I asked at reception if we could change to a bit later. They said that was no problem. They only hand out the times slots to avoid queues but we were welcome to eat at any time :thumbsup2

After bathing Jack and a cuppa we were in bed around 10.30pm.

Coming soon Day 3 and 13 hours in the parks

What a fabulous first day!! We don't ever manage Autopia either but I'm going to put it on our list for the next time. :thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, there was a slide inside Alice's Maze years ago. I seem to recall that the kids shot out at a great speed and it was later closed as deemed a safety hazzard.

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Thanks for the info on the slide. I must have been reading some old info.

You must try to do Autopia. Your Lewis would really enjoy it.

A super report looks like you had fun. I am taking my 8 year old son for a long weekend in November and I am really looking forward to it.

Day Three - Saturday Movies, Magic and Fireworks!

Be warned this is a long installment so get comfy.

I was wide awake around 6.30am so decided to get ready and let the boys sleep a while longer. They were both awake by 7.30am so we made to down to breakfast by around 8am. Pluto was in the lobby with no queue so Jack went to get an autograph. We were directed to Parkside Diner for breakfast where we found a great selection. I got to try my first brioche too :woohoo:

I love these placements:

6014141376_56dca877bc_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

On the way out of breakfast Pluto had switched with Mickey so Jack got to meet the main man himself. These meet and greets are such a great perk. There never seemed to be a queue, except for Minnie and ‘She’s for girls’ as Jack put it :laughing:

6013593787_f3f3fbcef3_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

It was a beautiful morning with the sun shining, warm but not too hot. Our plan for the day was to visit the studios but as it was only 9am we decided to catch the last part of EMH. We headed over to Discoveryland and decided on riding Buzz Lightyear. Our scores were terrible (all level 3‘s) but we still had lots of fun. It’s was about 9.40 by this time so we decided to head over to the Studio’s. Now this was an exciting moment for us all as it was our 1st visit to the Studios.

It was about 9.50 and they were letting people into the park already. We decided to chance Crushes Coaster later in the day so headed straight for Toy Story Playland. It wasn’t yet open so we waited for the rope drop. Our first port of call was the Toy Story Parachute Drop. I loved this, especially the view from the top. Next was Slinky Dog (5 mins wait), and then Cars Quarte Ralley (25 mins wait). I was a bit wary about riding this as I hate the teacups but some-one on the board mentioned they were OK with this so I gave it a go and hooray I was fine. I think it’s because the direction of the spin keeps changing, anyway what a fun little ride!
6013594151_4b29b6118f.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6014142302_dc2d71b9d1.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
Next was the Tram Tour, this was good but a bit gappy in places. We grabbed a quick coffee before viewing Cinemagique! This was great but Jack decided he needed the loo half way through so as soon as it finished it was a mad dash the the loo.

6013594741_90f30162ec.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6013595051_e32f03a77a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

We were getting a bit peckish by now so found our way to Blockbuster Cafe for lunch. I’m so glad so many of you mentioned this place, the food was excellent. We shared a Croque Monsieur and a Baguette between us, which was more then enough as the Croque Monsieur was huge! With a drink and some crisps I think it came in around €17. I must say if anyone’s on a budget weigh up the ‘Menu’ meal deals against buying the items individually and be careful your not ending up with things you don’t really need. The theming was fun, although I was a little disappointed the POTC area wasn’t a little bigger.

When we came out of the restaurant there were some characters doing meet n greets. Woody was swamped poor thing so we headed over the Emile & Remy. We were going to head over to Animagique next but on passing Tower of Terror the queue was only 25mins. Jack didn’t want to brave it, so I went on while the boys went back to Toy Story Playland. I love TOT, it’s always been one of my favourite rides and the Paris versions didn’t disappoint. I did feel sorry for the poor girl next to me though. She was shaking as we started the ride and she grab my arm when we dropped. It is a bit cruel that there not much to hold on too. I was going to pick up fastpasses for later but the queue for FP was huge :eek:

Next we did Aladdin’s Magic Carpets and then went went across to see Stitch Live. I love the way they have the queue organised here into the English & French showings. Although I did laugh when some people though they were being clever by jumping the queue only to realized they’ve cut across from the French to the English queue:rotfl: Now there was a bit of a highlight for me here. We’ve done the crush version of this show a few times in the States and Jack will never sit at the front, he always wants to stay with us but just as we were entering Jack decided he was off to sit at the front :cloud9: The moment was made even better when Stitch ask to speak to him first! Jack thought this was the best thing ever and hasn’t stopped going on about it.

I was now around 4.15pm and we stopped for a moment to decide are next plan of action. We decided to have a quick look in the art of animation. Jack was pleased with his creation:
6013595741_593646b0d8.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Then we grabbed some popcorn ready to brave the queue for Crush. The wait time was showing 60 mins and in fairness the time passed really quickly. Wow was the waiting for this rid worth it. This is now our new favourite disney ride. I know people moan about that there no FP’s and how long the queue is but the staff are super efficient at loading. It’s just purely that the ride is so popular.

We decided to head back to the hotel for a freshen up and to change the camera batteries. On the way through the village we called into Cafe Mickey’s to see when they could fit us in. We manage to get reservations for lunch on Monday. We also made a reservation with concierge for Walt’s for the following evening.

We headed back to the parks around 6.50 and decided to get a spot for the Parade. We found a good spot on Main Street opposite the vehicle station. I would recommend this stop if your kids aren’t into Princess’ as it’s where the fab 5 float stop. I had goosebumps as soon the the music started. We all thoroughly enjoyed the parade, Jack was in his element calling out which characters were coming next and waving away to them.

6013596761_444f27665e_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014145248_38e3d3cd3d_m.jpg
[/url]
6013597397_600e2e99b4_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014145894_f2a1ffce38_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014146338_efe52477e6_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6013598447_d8edc06cf6_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014147040_60f3c1db03_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6013599047_2b5554640a_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

After the parade finished with cut through the discovery arcade up to Bella Notte for dinner. Obviously half the park had had the same idea as it was really busy but we found a table on the outside patio. Hubby and I had a pizza royle each and Jack had the pasta Neapolitan. While we were eating they had a CM on the entrance turning people away as there were no tables available, so watch out if your eating around this time. We checked with Jack to see if he was tired but he said he was fine and wanted to stay for the fireworks.

We decided to ride IASW as we were right by it. The wait was reading 10 mins but it was more like 5. Jack really enjoyed it and said he didn’t know why he didn’t want to go on it yesterday. We had a wander around Fantasyland to see what the wait times were like. Peter Pan was showing 45mins but there was just 10 minute wait as the Teacups. After my success with Car and Crush earlier in the day I was temped to give them a go but within a minute of watching them I thought it was better to give these a miss :sick:

6013599777_261ab8020c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Next we did Pinocchio (15 mins wait) and then Jack asked if we could ride Thunder Mountain again. It was 9.30 by this time and I really wanted to get a spot on Main Street so as I could see the vehicles change in the parade. I said we walk by and see what the wait time was. It was showing 30 mins so I wasn’t keen but Jack pulled is best ‘pleeaaasseee face’ and being the softy that I am I gave in. As it turn out the queue moved at recored speed and within 15 minutes we were boarding the train. We even got the back row.

After Thunder Mountain we made a dash for a spot for the parade. We manage to navigate behind the rows of people and through the Liberty Arcade. I don’t think half the people know these are there as it was really quiet and yet we saw people battling their way down main street. We came out half way down and manage to get a pot near the entrance to Walt’s. We were about 3 rows back but still had good view :thumbsup2

The parade was excellent and we had the Jafar float right in front of us for the change. We could then walk forward after the parade ready for the fireworks. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the fireworks. The effects of the castle were pretty but they didn’t have the wow factor of Wishes or Illuminations in WDW.

6013600095_dcc0245979.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6013600423_7b766b9998.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014148900_4dcc912397.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014149502_92bfa54c05.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

So here it was, finally the end of a long but very fun day. The weather had been perfect which I think help us keep going so long and we had been so lucky with the queues. We finally went to sleep just before midnight and not surprisingly were straight to sleep :upsidedow

another great day - Jack did well staying up so late :goodvibes.

Day Four - So these are the weekend crowds!

After such a full on day yesterday we had a bit of a lie in. We went down to breakfast around 9.30am. Goofy was in the lobby so Jack went for an autograph.

6014149878_f533b27ccb.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Both the restaurants were full this morning so we were directed around to the convention centre. We were seated straight away and found the same great selection of breakfast items as Parkside diner the previous day. Breakfast always seemed such a calm affair. A credit to the hotels organisation. We could always select what we wanted without waiting or fighting over things. Over breakfast we decided our plan of action and decided to head back to the main park today.

We arrived at the park around 10.20 and you could see it was more crowed today. We wanted to ride Autopia again and Jack wanted to do Orbitron, so we head to discoveryland. Both of these ride were showing 40 mins, however Buzz was only a 15 min wait so we happily rode this again.

6013602115_514aa44f54.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

After this Orbitron had dropped to a 30 minute queue and Jack said he was happy to wait. I decided to sit this one out, so just the boys went on. It was a really warm day today, the sky was deep blue so I decided to take the time to get a few more photo’s of the castle.

6014150846_5a327477bf.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

After taking some photo’s I went back to wait for the boys. I noticed that buzz was still showing a 15 min queue and yet people were queuing to get fastpasses :confused3 The boys really enjoyed Orbitron.

6014151472_b60260e1c3_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014151156_7db93e0f37_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Autopia was still showing a 40 minute queue so we decided to head over to Adventureland. Jack had spotted the pirate play area the other day and I really wanted to see the Tarzan show. We went to the play area first, then we headed over to the Tarzan Show. On the way we bumped into Timone and Rafiki. Timone was on top form and having loads of fun with the kids.

6014152156_2b471d85dc_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6014151842_4f7f3ce6ec_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Next we did the Tarzan show. This was great, however I was a little distracted deciding if Tarzan muscles were real or not :rolleyes1

It was 1.40 ish by now so we decided to get some lunch. We’d passed Hakuna Matata earlier and the food looked quite good so we headed back there. We found seating inside in a great little alcove, sadly I didn’t get a photo. We shared two portions of chicken strips and hakuna fries between us. I really liked the theming in here and Lion King is one of my favourite movies so of course the music was great too. The chicken was a bit greasy but still very edible, fries were delicious.

Jack had noticed Woody Round Up on the park map early in the trip and so we decided to head there next. Now I have to say this was one of the biggest disappointments of the trip. The whole place looks so rundown and other than a couple of photo sets the rest is just empty sheds :confused3

6014152426_e229b1240b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

It was really hot by this time and the park was crowded (Pirates was showing a 40 mins wait time) so we decided to head back to the hotel for a break. We rested at the hotel for an hour or so before heading back to the park just after 5pm. We had reservations at Walt’s for 7pm so checked the tip board to see what we could fit in. We decided on IASW followed by a ride on the railroad, as we hadn’t done this yet.

I loved this flower bed :flower3:

6013604679_d7b98e4be8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

We got back to main street station around 6.15 so had a little look in the shops before heading to Walt’s. We were slightly earlier but they said that was fine.

I totally fell in love with this place. I can see why it’s so popular. We found ourselves saying ‘oh look’ ‘oh look’ while going through the reception area and up the stairs. We were shown to a lovely table by the window overlooking the side entrance to Liberty Arcade. This turned out great as while we were finishing up desserts Jack sat on the window ledge and watch the parade :wizard: I understand the rooms are themed around the park lands. Does anyone know what area ours would have been?

6013605711_d34ca653e8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

We had a lovely server, called Charaude, I think. Food was excellent:

Asparagus and goats cheese starter:
6014154372_29493bf977.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Steak with Bernaise Sauce:
6013606591_8383accd58.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Duck with Cherry Sauce:
6013606849_bbc9c83f57.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Jack also had the Walt Kids Burger which he enjoyed. I was planning on having a cocktail but the weather had been up in the higher 80’s so I polished off a bottle of sparkling water instead. I also tried the Gourment Coffee for dessert, the little Creme Brulee that came with this was to die for :love: Our bill came in at €78 which for DLP was great value for money.

As we had such a lovely meal we decided this would be a good opportunity to visit the DLH. We had a moment of confusion upon entering ‘Where’s the Fantasia Lounge?’ but soon found our way up the stairs and over the main part.

Now you’re all going to groaned at me now but I was a little disappointed by the DLH. I think the problem was that I’ve been lucky enough to stay in some of the big Deluxe hotels in WDW and this just didn’t have the same Wow factor that places like the Grand Floridian & Animal Kingdom Lodge have. It’s missed the grand lobby......That’s not to say I would happily stay in the castle club if I got the chance.........We found our way to the Fantasia Bar where I finally got to try a DLP cocktail.

The Sol Majeur - Vodka, Apple juice, Cranberry and Cherry Syrup. Yum Yum.
6013607153_e69ef6f28d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Fantasia Bar is lovely and the staff are very attentive. There was also the most fabulous pianist playing so I soon got over my disappointment and started enjoying the place. Does anyone know what piece of music the wallpaper is? My music reading skills are very basic but I sure it must be something. Disney never does anything by chance.

As we left the bar Goofy was out in the lobby so Jack and another little girl had a dance with him. It was the sweetest thing ever seeing them all skip around the lobby :cloud9:

6013607489_881be0017d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

After this it was time to head back to the hotel. We were leaving for Paris the following evening and I needed to do some packing. We got back to the hotel around 9.40 and I was not a happy mummy trying fit everything back in the case. We were finally in bed around 10.30.

Great days! Well done staying up for Fantilusion and the Fireworks. Like you, we were shattered after that but really glad we did it.

I love the HNY breakfast place mats too :thumbsup2 I managed to get some from a lovely waiter we had one evening in the Parkside Diner. I plan to laminate them and use them at home. (The kids think i've lost the plot :lmao:)

You had a great couple of days there. Photos are lovely :goodvibes

Great days! Well done staying up for Fantilusion and the Fireworks. Like you, we were shattered after that but really glad we did it.

I love the HNY breakfast place mats too :thumbsup2 I managed to get some from a lovely waiter we had one evening in the Parkside Diner. I plan to laminate them and use them at home. (The kids think i've lost the plot :lmao:)

You had a great couple of days there. Photos are lovely :goodvibes

Thank-you. Great idea with the placemats. You'll have to post a picture when they're done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter