• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pram on flight?

An2net

Earning My Ears
Hi again,

Has anyone taken a twin stroller on the plane with them? I was initially going to take a single stroller for the 2 y/o and a skateboard which attaches to the back of it for the 4 y/o to stand on when we're over in the U.S and going walkabouts. Then I figured, well, if the 4 y/o gets tired, what's going to happen? Have therefore decided to take the twin stroller that I have so they can both have a rest. We are flying Qantas and it does mention 'strollers' are allowed on as checked in baggage, but doesn't mention the size limit. Just wondering if a twin stroller would fall into this category?

thx for yr help

An2net

I'm sure a twin stroller would be fine, many people take jogger prams, which have HUGE wheels. I don't even think they pay too much attention to the pram, they just tag them. I do recall though at Melbourne airport they took our stroller and gave us one of their loan strollers, they weren't great, and as our little one was two we decided to let her run some of her energy out. Don't forget to request childrens meals, as we were sat in an area with loads of kids and we were the only ones that got childrens meals! It is great that they get fed a little earlier, so you can relax when your meal comes.

We've taken a single pram before on Qantas and have had to check it in. I have also seen lots of other people get to check-in their doubles.
If you have a portable/umbrella stroller, you might get to use this through the terminal. We borrowed one on our first trip with our son and Qantas let us use it all the way on to the plane where the hostess stored it up front. When we got off, we picked up the umbrella stroller at the airbridge and wheeled it all the way through the airport and out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter