Prayers for my mom

LouDisney

DIS Veteran
I often lurk here at the Dis, but still feel very much a part of this wonderful community. I very much believe in the power of prayer and was hoping I could get a few prayers from the Dis community.

My mom has been having some hip pain on and off for a few months. She went to her orthopedic doctor Friday and he did an x-ray and told her he a cyst or maybe two on her hip, so he ordered an MRI. She had the MRI done the same day. She went in this morning to get her results and he told her the found some abnormalities on her hip and her pelvis.

The radiologist also recommended a CT scan, bone scan and possibly or may be sure a biopsy. She meets with the oncologist tomorrow at 2:45. She is of course scared to death, as we all are.

Please say a prayer for my mom.
Thank you so much.

There will be a lot of support for you and your mom in the doctor's office tomorrow!:grouphug:

I hope and pray for good news for you

Laurie

Ok, we just got back from the Oncologist office. She came in and introduced herself and sat down and started asking mom a few questions and then she stopped and said, she wasn't so sure mom had anything wrong with her, or had cancer. She asked mom A LOT of questions and talked to her, and from the time she came in there, until the time she did an examination on mom, she told that by the sound of what mom was telling her, ie...no weight loss, feels fine, etc... and then what the radiologist report said, she probably said 4 times, that she was not really concerned about this, BUT she had to do test to rule out the bad. She said she was going by what she thought and not what she knew.

So, she said there were 3 cancers she was going to rule out, one being multiple myeloma, the other a solid cancer somewhere, like breast, or lung, because a lot of times when you have those it goes to the bone, so she will do a scan for that. She said though, that with solid cancers, when they move to the bone, you get bone destruction and mom had NO bone destruction at all. The other cancer was something dyplasia, I can't remember the first part...lol So, complete blood work up, which was done before we left, then the scan and she told mom that base on her concern, she did not have to rush the bone marrow biopsy, but if mom's anxiety about all this was high, they would do it and mom said yes, she wanted it all done.

So, she had blood work up today, then the scan comes this week and the bone marrow biopsy (i hope i got the wording right on that) will be on the 30th. If all come back negative, then she said that what is going on with mom is just the way she is made up.

My brother in law has a really good friend that is an Oncologist surgeon and when the results come back, she is also going to show it to him and his partner (which is a oncologist) kind of for a second opinion.

I hope I did not forget anything. So, while this is some comforting news to hear her say she really thought it was nothing, we still have to rule out the bad. So please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I really, really appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers.

Sorry so long and I will keep you guys updated as the test are done and the results come back.

Sounds like you've got everything under control. Keep thinking positive thoughts & know we'll all be praying for your Mom. Best wishes.:grouphug:

Sounds like they are being very thorough and doing a good job of doing what is necessary for your Mom's peace of mind. Good thoughts being sent to all of you with hope for good news. Don't forget to take care of yourselves while you are taking care of Mom!

Continued prayers for your mom Karen. It sounds like the oncologist is on top of things. I hope the test results are good and that the bone marrow biopsy will go well too. Its hard to wait for all this while your head and heart are spinning etc. Just take it one day at a time. Its also good you are getting a second opinion. You are such a caring daughter and I am sure your mom appreciates you so much and I am sure even now this whole experience is bringing you closer together.

I dont have a daughter but 3 sons and one of them is going with me for my pre op cancer testing tomm, he is 19 so I think its nice of him since my dh might be flying out of town then.

Keep being the wonderful daughter that you are!!

Continued prayers for your mom Lisa. It sounds like the oncologist is on top of things. I hope the test results are good and that the bone marrow biopsy will go well too. Its hard to wait for all this while your head and heart are spinning etc. Just take it one day at a time. Its also good you are getting a second opinion. You are such a caring daughter and I am sure your mom appreciates you so much and I am sure even now this whole experience is bringing you closer together.

I dont have a daughter but 3 sons and one of them is going with me for my pre op cancer testing tomm, he is 19 so I think its nice of him since my dh might be flying out of town then.

Keep being the wonderful daughter that you are!!

(I am trying to the the post but dont really know how to do that, I am sorry I typed Karen by mistake instead of your name Lisa, please forgive me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter