~ pre Christmas Crusin' ~ FANTASY December 10th - 17th 2016 ~

This is a very quiet group, are any of you planning specific excurisions that you want to share that sound like a blast!

We have decided on the 2 excursions we want to do - just looking for some reviews of them!

For Cozumel we are looking at the Fury Catamaran with beach break which looks fun for 2 adults. Only issue I have with this one is we only have 90 minutes at the beach so not a lot of time for some sitting on the beach, having a margarita and getting on the slides!

For Grand Cayman we definitely want to do the Stingray bar. Looks so fun and right up our street.

For Falmouth I think we are actually going to stay on the boat and have some quiet pool time. We have looked at the Disney excursions and the private tours recommended but just nothing is taking our fancy at all.

Has anyone else looked at any excursions?

Last edited:
We have decided on the 2 excursions we want to do - just looking for some reviews of them!

For Cozumel we are looking at the Fury Catamaran with beach break which looks fun for 2 adults. Only issue I have with this one is we only have 90 minutes at the beach so not a lot of time for some sitting on the beach, having a margarita and getting on the slides!

For Grand Cayman we definitely want to do the Stingray bar. Looks so fun and right up our street.

For Falmouth I think we are actually going to stay on the boat and have some quiet pool time. We have looked at the Disney excursions and the private tours recommended but just nothing is taking our fancy at all.

Has anyone else looked at any excursions?
We are looking into swimming with dolphins in Cozumel, Tiki Beach in Grand Cayman, Falmouth the bobsled ride and zipline. We may take a day on the ship as well, still trying to decide

We are looking into swimming with dolphins in Cozumel, Tiki Beach in Grand Cayman, Falmouth the bobsled ride and zipline. We may take a day on the ship as well, still trying to decide

We're going to swim with rays and then Dolphins, I forget which port is which, then at Falmouth we're going to hang at the pool and shop/eat/drink at Margaritaville. Everything I found so far said its free and open to the cruise guests (who will spend money there.) My kids will be 4 so they are too little for a lot of the excursions. Plus I don't want to completely overwhelm them. Can I just tell you guys that every time I think about this cruise I just want to burst with excitement!! Is anyone else planning on trading pins? I know they do it a lot at the parks but I read they do it on cruises, too. Is it 5 months out, now?!?!

They traded pins on the last cruise I went on but it was the transatlantic so a longer cruise with more space to fill activities with. Hopefully somebody will be able to help with a more up to date answer

We are getting really excited too - the cruise has been overshadowed in a way because we are at WDW first and had to do all our ADR's and trying to get our FP+ list together but I am sure once online check in opens for us and WDW portion is all planned the cruise excitement will build!

We're going to swim with rays and then Dolphins, I forget which port is which, then at Falmouth we're going to hang at the pool and shop/eat/drink at Margaritaville. Everything I found so far said its free and open to the cruise guests (who will spend money there.) My kids will be 4 so they are too little for a lot of the excursions. Plus I don't want to completely overwhelm them. Can I just tell you guys that every time I think about this cruise I just want to burst with excitement!! Is anyone else planning on trading pins? I know they do it a lot at the parks but I read they do it on cruises, too. Is it 5 months out, now?!?!
On our past cruises they have set aside a time for pin trading :)

Not sure if dguller is still sailing with us, I just hit reply to update the FE list. Anyone good with spreadsheets? I am not seeing an updated FE list.

I have my own list I have been keeping up to date. Will try to post as a google doc if possible. I would have posted sooner but since I'm still a newbie I figured maybe someone else would get to it.

So excited for our first Christmas cruise and second Disney Fantasy cruise! Traveling with a hubby, almost 13 year old girl and almost 9 year old boy. Let the countdown begin!!! New to the disboards and trying to follow all the comments. Any tips out there? Like what is this FE i keep reading about? Insider excursion tips for families?

Last edited:
So excited for this cruise! Haven't sailed since 2014. My husband our two boys will be on board with my parents. Can't wait!

I need to have you take off room 9572 from the FE list please. Thank you

Demke Family I have added you to the FE for the time being. If you decide not to participate just let me know.

nuermk I have deleted room 9572 from FE.

I would also like to ask everyone whether this should stay as one large group or whether we need to split it up. Also when do you guys think we need to finalize the list? I think we should confirm that everyone on the list is still interested in participating when we finalize. Thanks!

Hey fellow newbies, I found the DCL Navigator app (for iPhone) today. It has a countdown clock and lots of features to use onboard such as entertainment schedules, meals/dining options and info, finding our way around onboard, character locations/sightings... It's highly rated. So excited I just had to share! 128 days to go! Yay!!

Demke Family I have added you to the FE for the time being. If you decide not to participate just let me know.

nuermk I have deleted room 9572 from FE.

I would also like to ask everyone whether this should stay as one large group or whether we need to split it up. Also when do you guys think we need to finalize the list? I think we should confirm that everyone on the list is still interested in participating when we finalize. Thanks!

Unless some drop off, I would vote for splitting in 2 groups and finalize this month :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter