• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preferences at Kidani

Tigger1021

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Trying to get an idea of preferences at Kidani, we are staying in savannah view, but I am hoping to get the best of all there is to offer! Which savannah is the better of the two, and should we stay lower or upper level?? We have stayed at jambo previously and loved the view from the 4th floor. I just don't want to get a lower floor room and not be able to see anything (DS is 5 and the last time we stayed at AKL he was a toddler so doesn't remember getting up in the morning and seeing the animals). Thanks in advance!!

Hey all,

Trying to get an idea of preferences at Kidani, we are staying in savannah view, but I am hoping to get the best of all there is to offer! Which savannah is the better of the two, and should we stay lower or upper level?? We have stayed at jambo previously and loved the view from the 4th floor. I just don't want to get a lower floor room and not be able to see anything (DS is 5 and the last time we stayed at AKL he was a toddler so doesn't remember getting up in the morning and seeing the animals). Thanks in advance!!

I prefer the Sunset savannah, the only one with giraffes and zebras. I think a lower floor is better, the higher floors you see a lot of tree tops and don't feel close to the animals.

We were there in Jan and chose Sunset Savanna because we wanted giraffe. If you are a bigger Okapi fan, choose Pembe (no giraffe).

Middle floor is best for view, not too low or too high...and just ask to be close to whatever you like. The bus stop is on the Jambo side of Kidani, the pool is on the opposite side, closer to the lobby. We were a bit out, closer to Jambo House, but had a car...and it took all of 2 minutes, door to door to get to the car. A hike from the pool, but only used it once, so no biggie. I suggest Sunset Savannah, close to lobby, middle floor.

Thanks, I am requesting sunset savannah, and close to the lobby...hopefully I get my requests!

They attempt to provide requests in the order you make them. Strongly advise you make close to the lobby your lead request, and Sunset savanna view second. Reason: if you get close to lobby you will have Sunset savanna view since all rooms anywhere near the lobby that are savanna view overlook Sunset.

It is important to get that close to lobby request if you have a 5 year old. Not only does it put you close to everything -- lobby, bus stop, store, pool, restaurant -- but it also means you will not be far from lobby and far from lobby at Kidani includes rooms that have Sunset savanna view that might as well be in a different county because the walk from them to the lobby is the longest walk you will have down an internal hallway in any hotel in the world (and I mean on earth not just WDW) and with a 5 year old, if he is also walking, it can take 10 to 15 minutes.

Got it, thanks! I didn't even think about that, all the times we have been to WDW we have never made specific room requests because the only thing that has mattered to me is that the room be a non-smoking room

Got it, thanks! I didn't even think about that, all the times we have been to WDW we have never made specific room requests because the only thing that has mattered to me is that the room be a non-smoking room

All rooms at Disney are nonsmoking.

We stayed at Kidani in June, and got a 4th floor room on Pembe savannah. Due to the trees, the view from the 4th, and therefore, also the 5th is really poor if you are going there to see animals. Also, if you are a morning person (which we are), they bring the animals in for check ups between about 6:30-9 am. (Since we are morning people, I try to be out of the room by 9, so, I don't know when the animals come back out). So, when we were there in June, we got to watch poop rounds and watch them mow the savannah and put out food for the animals while we had breakfast. Unless you really like okapis and antelope, I would request a Sunset savannah view. The view might be better from the second and third floor. It was really depressing from the 4th floor. We got to see chain link fence, gravel roads, Florida scrub land, and some run down looking building in the distance. The mockingbirds were very vocal, and that was entertaining.

Thanks all! Just got off the phone with dvc member services because my online checkin got all fouled up (go figure). It has us listed as requesting both upper and lower level rooms and both savannas....I explained our situation and the cast member who helped me got it all cleared up. She even said she hadn't seen a situation where it requested everything and wouldn't let me remove any items! Oh well, we shall see in a few days how this all works out!

Thanks all! Just got off the phone with dvc member services because my online checkin got all fouled up (go figure). It has us listed as requesting both upper and lower level rooms and both savannas....I explained our situation and the cast member who helped me got it all cleared up. She even said she hadn't seen a situation where it requested everything and wouldn't let me remove any items! Oh well, we shall see in a few days how this all works out!

For future reference, the request section when doing on-line check-in is designed for cash paying guests and DVC requests for any resorts should instead be made through MS.

For future reference, the request section when doing on-line check-in is designed for cash paying guests and DVC requests for any resorts should instead be made through MS.

The request area for online checkin has worked perfectly for me 100% of the time for our DVC stays. I don't have needs beyond what is offered in their small list and its been great.

My online checkin was through dvc member site. It kept kicking me out before the final confirmation, but every time I went back in the checked items would be different and not allow me to change them. I have always had issues though since my father, my son and I all have the same name, and they usually had my 5 year old as the main guest. Calling to get our checkin issues resolved is nothing new lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter