Pregnant: How to Surprise DH @ Disney

Liltx

DIS Veteran
Yessss! Finally after almost 4 years and tons of fertility drugs. I just found out I'm pregnant. I will be 2 1/2 months when we get to Disney. Would really like to surprise husband there. (If I can keep the secret). Any Ideas?

There are pins that have either blue baby Mickey and the year or pink baby Minnie and the year on them. Buy one of each and wrap them up as a gift to Dh. Also you could get the baby Mickey /Minnie stuffed toys and give those to him. Another idea would be to contact Gifts of a Lifetime and see what the Pixies could come up with.

OH!!!!!! by the way...........
Congratulations
Congratulations

Congratulations!

How much do you want to spend? I'm sure WDW Florist could bring some things to your room while you were at the parks that would let him know.

That is so great! I know where you are coming from, re: the drugs & trying forever... And, we have a precious little 8 m. old DD to show for it!
Maybe you can go on "It's a Small World", and give him the "baby" pins on the ride. Start by telling him that this will be your babies favorite ride, and then let him unwrap the pin! (Try to keep "your secret", it will be such a special memory!!!)

Best of luck! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy!!!

Thanks for the wonderful ideas! Maybe I'll try all of them from smallest to biggest and not explain and let him figure it out.

It has been a difficult process in so many ways but I think it will make both of us appreciate this special gift all the more. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Thanks for the good wishes!

Why don't you get on line for one of the rides that are not advised if you are pregnant. When you get to the first warning sign, read it and tell him you won't be able to go on the ride. He should be able to figure it out from there.

I was thinking along the same lines as lorik. There will be rides tha you simply should not ride while pregnant. Go to one of them and surprise him with the news that you can't ride. Some of the other ideas mentioned here are great too. Maybe Gifts of a Lifetime could help you. I don't personally have any experience with them, but I've read some stories and hopefully some DISers that have used their services can comment.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for a healthy happy baby.

Originally posted by lorik
Why don't you get on line for one of the rides that are not advised if you are pregnant. When you get to the first warning sign, read it and tell him you won't be able to go on the ride. He should be able to figure it out from there.
This is too cute. Hopefully, he is "smart" enough to figure it out.

You could also get mouse ears that say Mom and Dad.

How much loger till your trip? I could never hold that in lol

The day I found out I was expecting #2, I went to the store and bought a baby bottle, wrapped it up and gave it to hubby when he came home from work. There us a 7 year age gap between the kids so he was suprised ;)

Just wanted to say congratulations! I have been there too, enjoy this time together! It is such an exciting time!:D Take care of yourself, take time to rest on vacation.

I was in WDW when we found out about me being prego!! I went and bought a pair of mickey baby booties and gave them to my DH on the boat ride after the fireworks!! It was great (he cried). Congrats and good luck!

Originally posted by lorik

Oh, THAT is a GREAT idea!!! LOL I love it!

BTW, Congratulations!!!!!!

Before leaving home, maybe you could sneak a few baby items into your suitcase. Upon arrival, arrange for housekeeping to set up a crib in your room while you are out for the day. The baby items could be used to decorate the crib with. Good luck keeping it a secret, and congratultions!!! We discovered our third pregnancy at while vacationing at Disney's HH resort.

I love the idea about setting up the crib! Nice way to have a "private moment", too...;)

Congratulations! I don't know how you'll wait till you're 2.5 months. I had to tell DH the minute I peed on the stick and saw 2 lines (after 18 mo. of trying and a miscarriage). I give you a lot of creduit if you can hold out that long.

Everyone seems to have great ideas. Let us know how it turns out.

--Kathy

<h1> CONGRATS!!!</h1>

How exciting for you and your husband!!

Congratulations. That is wonderful. Best of luck to you. Is your husband the type that will be okay with you withholding this information? Not to put a damper on things, but I would hate to see your beautiful trip take a negative downturn because he didn't know as soon as you became pregnant.

There is(or was) a film called the Making of Me in the Wonders of Life Building at Epcot. They show a film about childbirth. Maybe you could arrange to have the guide there ask if anyone in the audience is expecting after the movie ends.

Don't worry my husband won't get upset. We have a deal about when he will find out. When we first started trying almost 4 years ago he told everyone (he was very excited of course and we had no idea there would be any challenges). Later this caused us both great anguish as we heard the same familiar baby questions again and again. Only our very close friends know the situation. So he decided it would be better for him to find out after I heard the heartbeat. He just can't control himself! I, of course, forgave him but I think he has always felt sorry about it and this will help him to feel vindicated. Strange I know but only those who have been where we are can understand the deals you make between yourselves. I have always been big on surprises and plan at least one big surprise for him each year for all kinds of occasions. Trust me he would be disapointed if I didn't.

Thanks for all the great ideas. I got a PS for Cali grill the first night we're there an hour before the fireworks. This is our tradition. I am going to have the staff bring champagne (for him only of course) right before the fireworks inside a baby bottle and I am working on a poem which I will put in a card with the baby minnie and mickey pins. We will definitely get the mouse ears and buy something for B2003 at World of Mickey.

Thanks for the well wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter