Pregnant: How to Surprise DH @ Disney

I can relate to the emotional roller coaster of infertility. We tried for a couple of years without success UNTIL we hit the jackpot! QUADRUPLETS!!!! Yep, we are the proud parents of a 12 year old daughter AND almost 5 year old quadruplet boys. This November will be their first trip to the world. So, my next question is, Are you sure as to how many sets of booties or pins you will need to surprise your hubby with? Just a thought... Congrats, and let us know how the big announcement goes.

Congratulations!!!!! I was thinking the same as JenRuss.
But, please make sure you check with your doctor first. You will be in the very beginning and delegate stages of pregnancy and please just check about flying, etc.
What a great way for your husband to find out you are having a baby(ies) :) Best wishes :) and congratulation again!:Pinkbounc

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You must be so excited! We also tried for 4+ years and finally had our treasured DD in Aug of 2000. Good luck to you and your little one! Good luck to you trying to not spill the beans. I couldn't wait a minute!!!!!!!! :)

Just some thoughts though since you are not leaving for 2 1/2 months - how are you going to explain your symptoms, morning sickness, tiredness etc. Maybe you'll be lucky and not get any, but he might guess anyway if you are getting sick everyday. Also I had an early u/s to date the pregnancy and make sure everything was alright. I'd of hated for DH to miss that.

Happy and Healthy Nine Months!!!

Gi

It is only four weeks away so I think I can keep the secret. Besides I have been sending cards with all of my friends (they think it is for our anniversary) going on vacation to put in the mail in different states, so he is already getting those. It makes it easier because I am already starting part of the surprise. The cards just say things like. Are you ready?, Something's happening, Can you wait?. I have had a sonogram every month for the last three months to check if the follicle was mature before they injected me. Beautiful I know. This is why I also know that there is only one. We get to watch the little follicle move (not that I could really tell what I was looking at). So far no sickness but if I do I can attribute it to the clomid which would always make me sick for two weeks anyway. I have also told my doctor that I do not want anymore ultrasounds as I want the baby nomatter what is wrong and I couldn't make that decision. I have an exact due date because of the above procedures so it is not necessary. Although I might change my mind later. But in my love of surprises I will not find out the sex.

I am very excited for you and have enjoyed reading everyone replies. Just make sure you give us an update after your trip so we will know what reaction your dh has. My bet is you will get tears!!!!!!!!! Good Luck and best wishes for a trouble free pregnancy and a wonderful healthy beautiful baby.

Liltx - you sound like you really have everything covered. I like your Clomid excuse, that should work. Please do tell us how it all turns out. I love surprises too - I know your DH will be overwhelmed with joyous emotion!!

Good luck!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I'd never be able to keep that a secret for so long. When I found out I was pregnant I couldn't even wait until DH was home from work. I called him at work and told him! :D

Originally posted by Liltx
I have also told my doctor that I do not want anymore ultrasounds as I want the baby nomatter what is wrong and I couldn't make that decision. I have an exact due date because of the above procedures so it is not necessary. Although I might change my mind later. But in my love of surprises I will not find out the sex.

Just keep in mind that there are many reasons for U/S throughout a pregnancy. I would never terminate a pregnancy, yet I had about 30 U/S throughout my high risk pregnancy. These were primarily to ensure that the problems the pregnancy was causing to my health were not harming the baby. For the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy, I had biophysical profile U/S twice a week, to make sure that the baby was not under stress, because if she were (yes, I did find out the gender), they would have induced me earlier to protect her. It is also truly remarkable to see the little hands, feet, and the face of your treasured little one while he or she is still inside you.

I didn't mind the ultrasounds or biophysical profile at all. However, as my OB documented in his chart, I "refused" an amnio. Same reason...I'd keep the baby no matter what. He asked why I wouldn't have one done. I told him that I knew 2 people who had it done. One was okay, the other lost the baby. That was a 50-50 shot to me even though he said it's much rarer than that.

SOOOOO........... what ever happened with this?? How did you break the news to your hubby??

I am not sure you will get an answer, mum4jenn, the OP hasn't posted since the end of June. :rolleyes:

I like the idea about doing a not for preg. ride. But I think I would go to the fast pass machine to have a talk with the CM. They are always standing around. Ask CM about preg. advisory and then start asking about the baby swap. Then walk off saying well, we'll have to come back in ? months for the baby swap.

Then I'd give him the mickey hat and I think I would have a wonder PS at the castle or Chrystal Palace or where ever is special to you.

OOPS, I didn't see other two pages. I think DH might have noticed by now. Although, I'm not sure mine would have.:D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I don't have any original ideas for you but I wanted to congratulate you and your DH!!!! Let us know how you tell him and how he reacted when you get back.....Best wishes!!!!
Jean

I don't have any original ideas for you but I wanted to congratulate you and your DH!!!! Let us know how you tell him and how he reacted when you get back.....Best wishes!!!!
Jean

Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter