• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant

belu

Earning My Ears
I'm pregnant and going to WDW in my 5th month. I don't see any problem with riding Splash Mountain. Theres no lap belt and no real rough motion, if you don't count the occasional log jam. My physician says that it sounds okay to her, as long as there is no water shooting up my legs. I guess she means like water skiing. Anyone here about problems with this? Any idea why there's a pregnancy warning?

According to the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2001 p. 219:
(this woman who did WDW for the book was in her fifth month when she went). These are the only things she couldn't do .

Splash mountain: because of the seat configuration-"your knees are higher than your rear, causing compression on the abdomen (when it is this large). This is potentially harmful to the baby."

Big Thunder Mountain
Mad tea Party (may be okay if you don't spin cups)
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway- because of rear-ending

Epcot: Body Wars and Test track and all simulator rides

MGM: ToT , Star tours, R'nR, she rode Backlot tour, even though there may be some question about the "earth quake " part.

AK: Dinosaur, Kali (toss up- bouncy and wet). I heard the back seats of the Safari are very bumpy and jerky.

Water parks-all slides off limit, wave pools and floating creeks are great!

Also recommended was a "belly bra".

Stay safe and have fun!!!!!!!

Hi, I just got back from our vacation in September and I was in my 26-27th weeks. I also was there when i was in my 16-17 weeks.

The earlier trip I did all the rides I wanted to. (Had doc appoint before I left to make sure though.) On the second trip the only things I didn't do were the roller coasters. Not real fond of them and knew from the earlier trip how much jostling they gave. I made sure that I rode the "big rides" (like splash) early in the day, so I was "fresh". As the day wore on I would become more tired adn not feel up to "bracing myself" as well. OH i also don't do water slides!

Definitely get a belly bra. It really helps when you are walking around all day. My other suggestion would to really make sure you drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. Just put it into you budget to be able to buy it our make sure you bring it!!! I really regretted the day that I didn't watch my water intake. I was very dehydrated that night and the next day.

Resting is even more important in mid day also. Whether it is just taking in an airconditioned show or going back to the hotel and swimming/resting. At MK a ride on the railroad (ok three times around the park in a row) really helped me get refreshed. (it helped that I had hubbies shoulder as a pillow!) The Carousol of Prgress and TTa is also a nice place to take a quick rest.

My biggest suggestions are :
1. Talk to you doc. Make an extra appointment if need be just before you go to make sure everything is OK.
2. Really listen to your body. At the first sign (and preferably before) of tiredness take a break.
3. You know what you are used to. Are you really active?? Then WDW will be easier, if not you might want to do some walking to get a little conditioned. I sit behind a computer all day and would not consider myself "active". i was thankful that we started taking nightly walks to Condidtion ourselves for WDW. it really helped.

If you have any questions please let me know. I'll do my best to answer.

Thank you for your post. I have gotten alot of information on this subject and will be taking it all to my doctor just before I leave as you suggest. I know my decision will be well informed. By the way we'll just be there one day so at least I won't have to worry about getting too tired. ;)

Thank you again!

I suspect I will be riding on SPLASH!

Belu, Splash is my absolute favorite!! I know what you're going through, I was 3 months pg last year when we went. I had a dr's appt too and she gave me the okay. I steered clear of the really bumpy bouncy rides though, but Splash was nothing! Have fun!
Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter