Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

What is it with all the rude comments about waiting to buy the pass until today? :confused3 If you have nothing nice to say, then you should not say it at all. And, if you do not want to help someone, then don't and skip posting the negative messages.

Happy New Year to those who are helpful and happily participate in this online community! party:

^^^^^^ What she said! :goodvibes

Jen

What is it with all the rude comments about waiting to buy the pass until today? :confused3 If you have nothing nice to say, then you should not say it at all. And, if you do not want to help someone, then don't and skip posting the negative messages.

Happy New Year to those who are helpful and happily participate in this online community! party:

Rule one of message boards.

If you can't take the heat fingers off the keyboard

And appointing yourself "polite police" is not exactly "helpful and happy". :lmao:

My mom was talking to her friend (who lives in FL & goes to WDW a lot) and they were discussing the AP and how it has been changed to only getting 10% off now. Her friend said that since we activated our AP's in Dec we should be able to keep the 20% discount for the duration of the pass.....that Disney can't take that away since we used it before 1/1/13. What do you all think??? I haven't read the fine print on anything yet but it's something to maybe inquire about.

My mom was talking to her friend (who lives in FL & goes to WDW a lot) and they were discussing the AP and how it has been changed to only getting 10% off now. Her friend said that since we activated our AP's in Dec we should be able to keep the 20% discount for the duration of the pass.....that Disney can't take that away since we used it before 1/1/13. What do you all think??? I haven't read the fine print on anything yet but it's something to maybe inquire about.

Perks are not part of the ticket, so yes the 20% discount can be terminated or lowered to 10% at any time. As Disney says:
All offers are subject to availability and may change without notice.

Snoopygirl said:

Disney can and does change discounts offered to passholders and DVC members all the time. They are not guaranteed and any fine print probably says they can be ended or changed without notice.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This promotion was announced in September and began Oct. 1st!! And you wait until 4 p.m. on NYE, the day the promotion ends, to call MS? *headdesk*

+1

Even though I answered in a previous post, besides being busy, I was on the fence about buying them. But I bought them through the link that was provided. I appreciate the help and finding where to grab them online.

Disney can and does change discounts offered to passholders and DVC members all the time. They are not guaranteed and any fine print probably says they can be ended or changed without notice.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

But they provided an entire year's notice, it clearly stated that the extra 10% expired at the end of the year. This was clearly stated anywhere on the Disney site that talked about the 20% discount. Of course it also said that the 10% discount for the lower pass level would expire at the end of the year as well.

Now, if you want the 20% back, the simple solution is don't buy any merchandise and when asked by the survey people if you are buying merchandise, tell them no and tell them why you are not buying merchandise. The tricky part is getting other passholders to do this as well.

We bought our first PAP this year and with the 20% almost paid for itself with our first trip. I hope they reconsider the discount. One of the reasons I bought DVC was to be able to count on things not changing as much:(. we showed up at shades of green to purchase other family member passes and the 4 day park hopper was half price (nice surprise) for up to 6 of my family members but that changes from month to month. Anyway loved my PAP and the discount. Hate all the changes but thats life seems especially with Disney.

The 2013 benefits are online:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...benefits-and-discounts/merchandise-discounts/

Merchandise Benefits and Discounts

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

To enjoy your 2013 benefits, you must present your valid Annual Pass at the time of purchase, booking, and/or redemption of any offer. Offers may not be combined with any other certificate, offer or discount. Offers apply to the Passholder only, unless otherwise noted. Offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability. 2013 Passholder benefits expire on December 31, 2013. All valid Passes will be subject to the enclosed benefits from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013

<snip>

Walt Disney World Resort Owned and Operated Merchandise Locations
Effective January 1, 2013, all Walt Disney World Passholders including Premier and Premium Passholders will be eligible for a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations. Please note that from time to time we evaluate our discounts and offers for Passholders and make adjustments so continue to check out Disneyworld.com/Passholder throughout the year for all the latest offers.

Even though I answered in a previous post, besides being busy, I was on the fence about buying them. But I bought them through the link that was provided. I appreciate the help and finding where to grab them online.

Glad it worked out for you!

Yeah kind of funny we got to the guest relations booth and they had changed the price of the TIW form 100 to 125.00. They still honored the discount for either DVC or PAP holder can't remember. Just kind of funny when even there printed material has the old price on it and there telling you it is wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. My worst day down there is better than any day at work. Its just funny when things change so fast they can't keep up with it. The other thing I found kind of funny was the paper PAP. All of our family that had the plastic park hopper passes used the new entrance gateways but we had to go through the old ones. Seems like which ticket would you want more durable the one for 4 days or the one for year. Just an observation.

The other thing I found kind of funny was the paper PAP. All of our family that had the plastic park hopper passes used the new entrance gateways but we had to go through the old ones. Seems like which ticket would you want more durable the one for 4 days or the one for year. Just an observation.

That "Paper PAP" is actually made of Tyvek which is plastic. They are very durable. We've been passholders for many years and never have had any problems with our 'paper' tickets.

Thanks erionm. Just looked like paper to me. Glad to hear its not a problem. Now if I can just keep up with them:) They did also tell us the passes would work in the new gates in June. Don't know if they are changing the pass or upgrading the gates.

Prices set back to normal, PAP is now $559.

New annual pass is $425
Annual pass renewal is $385

Thanks erionm. Just looked like paper to me. Glad to hear its not a problem. Now if I can just keep up with them:) They did also tell us the passes would work in the new gates in June. Don't know if they are changing the pass or upgrading the gates.

They will have to replace the passes as they are converting the entrances to have RFID readers. The current stock used for APs, PAPs and MYW tickets does not have RFID chips embedded in them. Only KTTW cards with tickets attached can currently use the new RFID readers at the Theme Parks.

We just upgraded our passes before year-end, and bought the vouchers for next year too. Everything went very smoothly and I was pretty happy with the transaction.

I was getting DD to hold out on her souvenir purchases, however, and unfortunately did not know about the change in the merchandise discount. The 20 per cent was a nice perk, and I didn't realize it was temporary. Ah well.

As it turned out, we used the pass yesterday to sample DisneyQuest, which we might not have done had we not had the PAP. Add in a couple of planned water park visits in the summer, and we will have realized good value for the pass cost.

Can the PAP be "renewed" as a regular AP for $385 when it expires?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter