President's day/week?

yipee

Mouseketeer
Hello there!

I was just wondering how busy the parks will likely be just after President's Day? Our kids here in Canada have the whole week off, and it would be a great time to go, but we have always gone in the off-season, and are quite spoiled by short wait times. Thanks!

It's usually more crowded than normal (as in normal off-season) because a lot of places (not CA schools so far as I know) do take that week off.

It is more crowded than off season but less crowded than summer, Christmas, or Spring Break. I went this year and lines were definitely there. I think Space and Splash both had hour long waits. Indy, Peter pan, Autopia. and Star Tours had 30-40 minute lines by mid morning. Most everything else was less than 20 min. USE FASTPASS. BTMRRs FP was not working. Neither was Mulholland Madness's. Get there early! This year they had short operating hours (9-8). Stay past 8. I got on BLAB and Indy after "official" closing time. Some rides might not be open. When we went HM and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail were down for rehab.

Good question! I realized after I submitted my post that it sounded like we do celebrate President's Day. Oops. We actually don't. We have a holiday here in Alberta called Family Day that is on the same day as President's Day. Also, our school district has their Teachers convention that week, and our school has a few PD days. This all results in our kids having the week off... So it would be a good time to go in terms of not missing school, but as I said, we are rather spoiled by having 5 to 15 minute waits for our favourites... so I guess it's not looking that great...

Thanks for all your input. I LOVE this board! :love:

Do you also have a spring break? In Ontario (Canada) we don't have a break in Feb but we have pulled the kids from school then to go to WDW anyway. We are taking them in October now to DL and they will miss five days of school (one day while we are gone is a PA day).
Deb

We get our Spring Break along with the Easter Weekend, unfortunately. One of the worst times to go (crowds wise)

When you've pulled your kids out in Feb to go to WDW, how were the crowds there?

The week right around President's Day was busy (but we used fastpass and that was fine) but the week after was great. We had very short lines, just walked onto a lot of attractions and did them over and over again. We also went to Universal and were spoiled because you just walked onto everything. Both times we went we stayed the end of Feb into early March. I think the early March time was the best or the very end of Feb.
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter