Prices in Pleasure Island

chrisann

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I could find prices of different places in Pleasure Island, I'm just wondering if their drinks are really expensive?

I would be interested in anybody has this information also (Im sort of a compulsive planner and want to see if what ive budgeted for our 2 PI ventures is enough!)
However, to SORT OF answer your question, the prices at PI are about the same you'd find in disney parks or resorts. Some of the special mixed drinks, such as those in the Adventurers club are a little more pricey (7-8 bucks I believe) but yummy and pretty large. There are also vendors on the streets that sell test tube shots, jello shooter, syringe shots for 2-3 bucks a pop.

I never noticed the drinks to be that expensive there as compared to many places we go to at home.

More expensive than a corner bar with no entertainment, absolutely, but about average for a place here in NJ/NYC with a band or comedian.

Anne

Drinks were about $5 to about $10, with the specialty drinks on the higher end. Bottled water (my beverage of choice) is $2.50 for the same 24 oz. bottle sold in the parks.

If you're at the Adventurer's Club, and like specialty mixed drinks, try a Kungaloosh. It looked interesting and it's quite popular. I can't drink alcohol (even wine), so I can't vouch for it. :(

Don't forget the tip! :)

The mixed drinks are normally $6.50, but things change, the shots are from $2 to $4 outside, bottled water is $2.50 and soda is $2.50 also; if you need something else, like liquor and fruit juice is usually around $6.50 too.... :drinking1

chrisann said:
Does anyone know where I could find prices of different places in Pleasure Island, I'm just wondering if their drinks are really expensive?

They are a bit expensive, IMHO. Rough ballpark based on recent trips: Garden-variety domestic beers are something like $4.50, Sam Adams and that type are $5. Mixed drinks are around $6.50, you can turn that into a double for another $1.25. Drinks in specialty cups are $8.50, except for the Beach Club Bucket drinks which are $9.50, but can be refilled with Bacardi drinks for $7.xx (7.25?) One thing I've found is that, surprisingly, the bartenders are by and large NOT stingy with their pours. :p There is a charge for bottled water as someone else noted, but barteners will give you free tap water if you ask. There used to be a designated driver program where you got two free soft drinks if you asked at the entrance, but I don't know if that's still going on or not.

I agree with the other poster, make sure and have a Kungaloosh at the AC.

If you're a first-timer to Pleasure Island, you might want to have a look at a site I've been working on: http://www.islandofpleasure.net/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter