Pricing for last couple of years Dopey challenge?

dburg30

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!
Anyone have pricing for what they entrance fee was last couple of years so I have an idea?

thanks

Anyone have pricing for what they entrance fee was last couple of years so I have an idea?

thanks

My registration from last year says $586.25, I believe that was after the active.com fees but I'm not entirely sure.

Thank you all so much.. getting a budget together..

At first I was like "The 20th was the year before the first, how can they both be a '5th'".. :D :D That darn start counting at zero thing...

Judging on how the price increases have been over the past couple of years, I'd be surprised if it wasn't $600 before fees for 2018...

Judging on how the price increases have been over the past couple of years, I'd be surprised if it wasn't $600 before fees for 2018...

And, yes, if I miss out on being able to give them that $600+ for the joy of running 48.6 miles I will be crestfallen for some reason. They've got us right where they want us; it's almost like they've figured this capitalism thing out.

And, yes, if I miss out on being able to give them that $600+ for the joy of running 48.6 miles I will be crestfallen for some reason. They've got us right where they want us; it's almost like they've figured this capitalism thing out.
I just...I don't know. I'm not sure if I can stomach shelling out that kind of money. With fees it would be like $640ish.

Obviously there's over a year to decide but I'm thinking I'll either go for Dopey or a 10K + marathon combo. I still get anniversary bling that way for about half the cost. :confused3 Plus, I had a pretty perfect Dopey experience in 2015 and I'm wondering if it can really go that well for me again...like, maybe I should be satisfied that I did it once and it was awesome (and didn't cost me $600)? I just don't know.

I just...I don't know. I'm not sure if I can stomach shelling out that kind of money. With fees it would be like $640ish.

Obviously there's over a year to decide but I'm thinking I'll either go for Dopey or a 10K + marathon combo. I still get anniversary bling that way for about half the cost. :confused3 Plus, I had a pretty perfect Dopey experience in 2015 and I'm wondering if it can really go that well for me again...like, maybe I should be satisfied that I did it once and it was awesome (and didn't cost me $600)? I just don't know.

I'm committed to staying perfectly Dopey (or whatever it is called) as long as it exists and I am able, so my decision has become a little price independent. I plan around running it and it's the one race on which I spend irrationally; the price doesn't make me happy, but until and unless demand dies down it's just reality at this point. I definitely understand your perspective though. If I ever do get shut out of Dopey, the financial cushion of doing the Marathon, Goofy, or whatever other combination of races will be a nice consolation.

My comment wasn't necessarily confined to the Dopey, more the craziness of the entire rD registration process and the fact people are clamoring to give Disney money to run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter