Prime Time Cafe In MGM

blondie2356

Earning My Ears
Hello all;

My dh is thinking about going here when we arrive at MGM studios.
Has anybody been here and how is it?

Thanks
Kay

If you have Foodtv you missed a great show last night that talked about wdw restaurants. One was the 50s PT. The food is very much like what Mom would serve in the 50s and it is pretty good.

I took my Dad there a few years ago and he loved it! The decor reminded him of his parents home and he loved the food options as he is not big on fancy meals like those served at CG.

I think they will enjoy their visit there and if they want to check ou the menu go to www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm.

The Prime Time is GREAT!! We eat there every trip!!! The food is good old home cooking at it's best and the interaction between the servers and the guest in fantastic!!! The servers act like your mom, older brother, little sister, etc. (depending on their age and gender). You are expected to "mind your manners" and you will pay the concequences if you forget your manners!! It's all done in good fun and if you tend to be on the shy side, they respect that. We always have such a blast with our servers that we spend almost 2 hrs. there for our meals!!! We consider it dinner and entertainment!! Go and have a ball!!!

Originally posted by EmmasGrammy
The Prime Time is GREAT!! We eat there every trip!!! The food is good old home cooking at it's best and the interaction between the servers and the guest in fantastic!!! The servers act like your mom, older brother, little sister, etc. (depending on their age and gender). You are expected to "mind your manners" and you will pay the concequences if you forget your manners!! It's all done in good fun and if you tend to be on the shy side, they respect that. We always have such a blast with our servers that we spend almost 2 hrs. there for our meals!!! We consider it dinner and entertainment!! Go and have a ball!!!

Hi,

I totally agree!!! Go & have a blast!

Allison

Definitely agree with all of you guys!!! Food is pretty good. DS especially enjoyed the dessert viewmaster!

There's always something to look at: you can watch the old shows on the TVs, or you can look around at what the waiters and waitresses are doing to embarrass everyone around you! From experience, as long as your elbows are off the table and you finish your food, Nothing will happen to you. Just a little tip to steer away from humiliation!

PS. Some waiters and waitress are better than others! We had one that made a "Tomato Sundae" for us! :crazy:

Can't wait to try this place on our trip in November. We did catch the special last night on Food TV Unwrapped. That just made me want to go even more :Pinkbounc !

I am hoping they make my husband stand up & sing I'm a Little Teapot :teeth: because the kids would love that!!

I have read so many positive reviews on this place. We are patiently (yeah right :rolleyes: ) waiting for Nov to get here!!!

The Unwrapped special will be on again
April 17th 4:00 pm and April 18th 5:00 pm defiantly worth watching. As for 50's Prime Time it is one of my favorite places to eat. :)

Our favorite meal and best time at any WDW restaurant we have been too!

Our food wasn't that good, but we're still going back. That restaurant was the experience our kids talked about most from Disney! They thought it was so hilarious and so much fun.

Been twice--loved the pot roast!
Dh DID have to sing and do the motions to "I'm a Little Teapot"!:p It was a memory!!

(Tell your DH to just keep forgetting and put those elbows on the table!)

We love it too! It is one of the ones we do every trip. My kids love looking thru the viewfinder to choose a dessert. That place is so much fun!

We ate there the last time we were in Disney and LOVED it... it's like you're in the middle of a Leave it to Beaver TV show! The food was really awesome and the 50's theme is really cool! We had an awesome server who realized our 2 kids weren't as excited to play along as we were. They really are attentive to you, especially if you have kids who are younf and not up for the reprimands (beacuse you will get them). When we were there the kids (14 maybe 15 yo) sitting right next to us were really showing off bad manners and they had to stand in the corner with a penny to their nose. They LOVED it and so did we and their parents! Have fun... it's a good time!

P.S. Just make sure you ask if you can be excused if you have to go you-know-where!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter