Primeval Whirl???

DNBois

DIS Veterans & CBR Lovers!!!
DH and I going to WDW and last time neglected to check out AK. What kind of ride is the Primevil Whirl? Is it a roller coaster or just like spinning teacups? Is it a ride that two 30-somethings might enjoy? Thanks for any info!

It is a mini rollercoaster (I think they are called Mouse coasters). They whip around the corners, and spin. It is quite fun, as long as you don't mind spinning.

In Roller Coaster Tycoon it is known as a "Spinning Wild Mouse" coaster. I think it is fun and I'm 44. Not fantastic but worth a whirl if the line isn't too long.

I really want to see this we went late last year and just missed opening.
Went early last year for a short bussiness trip and never got around 2 it.
Hoping to get there on our next trip hope it was worth the wait.

It made both DH and me nauseous so that probably means it's a good ride :rolleyes:

Thanks to all and thanks again Chuck (you also answered my question on Figment) - I know exactly what ride you are talking about as I have played Rollercoaster Tycoon before (and I don't have any kids).

I think this ride was featured in a Travel Channel episode - it looked really interesting - may make me nauceous but I'll give it a try:)

I am 30 somthing, and I could not stop laughing on this ride, my 2 DS were a little embaressed because people on the ground were pointing and laughing WITH me!!

Tracie

Disnee Dad Says..................................The ride is harmless, it takes a couple sharp turns, but is pretty slow. The turns just whip you around, nothing fast on this ride.

Roller Coaster Tycoon fanatics: It is more like a Virginia Reel wouldn't you say?????

The Spinning Wild Mouse is in RCT2, and DinoWhirl is a classic example. Virginia Reels are a type of wooden spinning slide friction coaster, similar in feel to a river rapids ride, only on a dry wooden track instead of water.

We both had a really good time on it (29), we laughed through the whole thing. It's not a huge thrill ride or anything, but it's a lot of fun.
(the lines were looooong & Fastpass wasn't being used the first day, it wasn't worth the 30+ mins in line, but would be great w/ FP or short lines)

JMO

We love this ride! It's spinning isn't anything like the spinning you'll find on the teacups, but if you're really prone to motion sickness (like DH is) a dose of Bonine may be in order.

I found Primevil Whirl to be an exercise in pain. Between the abrupt lurches and banging sideways I was in severe discomfort after this ride. My ribs hurt for two days. It had basically no fun or exitement value. The kids next to me were wincing, and shaking their heads.

I've been on a spinning coaster at Lotte World in Korea and it was very fun and induced no pain.

I'm sure I'll never ride PW again - I don't have that much health coverage.

Im 31 & DH is 34, we werent thrilled by it. I think the 48 in height restriction had me thinking it would be more of a thrill ride, which it really wasnt. Plus we were in a car with a mother and a son, none of us were in the least bit big, and I was totally smooshed! I just kept banging my leg up against the side, which actually caused bruising.

This ride is pretty lame, IMHO. I don't understand why it's got a 48" height restriction. You actually get a long way into it before your car even does any spins.

This ride is fun, not worth a long wait-so do fast pass. Word of caution with little ones. Sit them next to an adult. When we let our little ones sit next to each other, they ended up hitting heads. Ouch! Lots of tears.

It's fun...nothing more, nothing less.

It can be a tight fit for adults, with the person on the outside taking some pounding from the person on the inside.

I also rode it once with nobody else on my side, and you can get thrown around a bit.

I think the height requirement is due to the way you get thrown into other passengers.

I'm really surprised to hear everyones complaint about not fitting in Primeval Whirl. I am 6'9" andabout 250 lbs. I rode it with my 7 year old daughter (who is about the size of a 10 year old) and a lady and her daughter who was about the same age as my daughter. I never noticed a problem and I don't fit very well on any of the rides.

If you want to talk aboput not fitting in a ride and getting beaten up by a ride let's talk about Space Mountain. That thing is tight. I finally figured out how to fit on my 3rd ride. Sit in the back seat and don't fold your legs under you like I normally would to fit. But, put one foot on each side of the center seat.

i'm 32, rode it with a 32 and 34 y.o. and their 5 yo daughter... we all thought it sucked... lame, off the shelf carnival ride...

That's it, exactly, bruno- off-the-shelf. AK deserved better, something that had some thought put into it. PW, as well as all of Dino-Rama, reeks of cost-consciousness. People were complaining that AK didn't have enough rides, but Eisner didn't want to spend money on anything better, so they took a short-cut.

Let's hope Forbidden Mountain doesn't suffer from the same mind-set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter