Private Cabanas at Magic Kingdom: Last Day to Rent One - February 17, 2017

I'd rather spend the money on a theme park view room at CR and hang out there! Those tents are not attractive. I like the idea, but not the look.

My guess is that this is a test and if popular, better accommodations will be provided, this is Disney after all. As I posted, for us the reserved seating for three events makes the price easier to swallow.

:earsboy: Bill

Even after everything that is listed it still doesn't appeal to me. I have no objections to the tent, have no objection to paying extra for perks and can afford it. There are only 2 of us, both adults, both fit enough although I'm no spring chicken and my son has permanent nerve damage in his back so is always in pain not to need somewhere to sit for any length of time. The problem for him is sitting is just as hard if not harder than standing and walking so no benefit there. I don't own nor do I want a pair of mickey ears, I don't like mickey bars (if I'm eating ice cream I'm by goodness eating at the ice cream parlor) don't drink soft drinks (make it refreshing adult beverages and we will talk) rarely snack in between meals but I do enjoy fruit. So for a place to sit and get fruit? Like I said, plop that baby down in Epcot or even AK and I might go for it but we are one of the few family's that only spend about a half day at MK. Oh, parade and FW viewing? Again, we rarely watch the parades and once I've seen Tink fly, I usually leave since the FWs are in the sky and can pretty much be seen from anywhere near the park. I'm not even sure all day FPs would do it for us since we rarely even book the 3 you can. I'd pay that to get to spend all day in the lobby of the TOT though.

These are my thoughts exactly. For a group of 6-8 people (more than could fit in an MK resort room) staying offsite and visiting during the holidays, I think this would be very attractive. I have gone to MK during Christmas week and you are lucky to find a bench to sit on. This is a dedicated, private air-conditioned space with snacks, drinks and reserved parade and fireworks viewing. Especially for offsite guests who risk not being able to get back into MK if they leave mid-day, this is really attractive.

This would be a really cute place to have a celebration as well - birthday, anniversary, family reunion. If you compare it to a private Illuminations or Wishes cruise, it's actually more cost effective as you get the cabana the whole day instead of only about 2 hours. Get a cake, some balloons and you have your own private party space in MK. People are always asking on these boards, "where can we celebrate so-and-so's b-day". Well, here you go.

We did the Wild Africa Trek last Dec. 26 and spent just about the same amount as the cabanas on that tour. It was a different experience, but I don't really see why people are up in arms over this over the pricing of tours, fireworks cruises, etc. People are always looking for different ways to make their vacations unique and magical. If someone wants to spend money on this because it fits their family's vacation needs and desires, so be it.

The new head of Disney Parks, who used to head up the Disney Store, is known for trying to find new revenue streams. Since he came onboard, we've seen the introduction of EMM, the late night MK event (which was short-lived), the 4-day, 1 park per day ticket (which also seemed to be marketed more to offsite guests) and now the cabanas. I think we are just going to see more and more of these experiments.

I also do not get all the anger. I have no interest, but if I was traveling with a large group, had folks who needed or wanted a dedicated spot to rest, and planned on being in the MK on a busy day, this would be something to consider. Once you deduct the cost of beverages and snacks for the day, divide between the adults in the group, and factor the value of reserved viewing for entertainment, the value may be realized.

Not attractive to us given they way we do the parks. Plus $650 US adds up to over $870 canadian...we could do a lot of other things (signature dining, extra park days) for that amount. But no doubt people will book them and no one can fault them for that!

I'm not opposed to cabanas....I wouldn't mind booking one on a DCL cruise, but at least there you are on a lovely beach with the ocean outside your door, not stuck on hot pavement in the middle of a loud theme park!

Last edited:
Omg these looks sooo awesome. I will finally be able to nap in the park. The pricing seems very reasonable for all you get. Forget the fuel rods, forget standing in line for Mickey ears, forget wasting touring time on spot saving. I wonder where the reserved spots will be???? The hub or Plaza garden??? This sounds horrible but I do hope the couches are white...if there are any Dave Chapelle fans here then... Foget yo couch ninja!!!

Omg these looks sooo awesome. I will finally be able to nap in the park. The pricing seems very reasonable for all you get. Forget the fuel rods, forget standing in line for Mickey ears, forget wasting touring time on spot saving. I wonder where the reserved spots will be???? The hub or Plaza garden??? This sounds horrible but I do hope the couches are white...if there are any Dave Chapelle fans here then... Foget yo couch ninja!!!

Right now they are white!!! According to pics from TP.

Sooo... we are a family of 4 - do you think we could split with another family of 4. We will be there 11/27-12/4- I would def. consider renting one for a day if I could split with another family.

Photos courtesy of Touringplans

Cabanas-3.jpg

Cabanas.jpg

Equality is a good thing. Kids need to feel EQUAL in a Disney park!

How awful for the families like us - who will never see the inside of those structures due to $$$!!!

I don't think Walt would be too happy either!

I agree, equality is a good thing
But that is somewhat unrealistic. Not everything is equal We are individuals. We have unique traits, personal strengths, different values.
That too, is good.

I'll have to go take a look this week.

For me who goes alone or in small groups not a good deal, but people will pay it. Yay for them. If enough people keep buying it, Disney will keep it.

As for places to quick nap...the Hall of Presidents is quite comfy & Morgan Freeman is very soothing :laughing:

Equality is a good thing. Kids need to feel EQUAL in a Disney park!

How awful for the families like us - who will never see the inside of those structures due to $$$!!!

I don't think Walt would be too happy either!

I don't think it's an equality thing at all. Heck- when my husband was a kid his dad wouldn't spend the money on disney food b/c he thought it was too expensive so my poor husband had to pretty much starve and see other kids eat. That is probably why he has no problem spending money on tables services now- LOL. Some parents spend more on souvenirs, food, experiences, resorts.... I don't see this as any different.

Anyone on here thinking about booking one of these I would personally like to know someone's viewpoint who was in favor of this.

I'm just waiting for one of the "big spenders" to post on the thread bragging about what a brilliant idea it is!:rolleyes:

Now we won't be renting one of these because we wouldn't use it and the cost, but why would anyone who does rent one need to explain, justify, or give any other reason besides "I wanted to" for anyone on this board?
I don't care if people complain about how pricing, crowds, lines, lands, etc., affects them, but I can't stand it when someone needs to comment on how someone else spends their own money.

If people can afford to do the things that make them happy, more power to them! :)

I also do not get all the anger. I have no interest, but if I was traveling with a large group, had folks who needed or wanted a dedicated spot to rest, and planned on being in the MK on a busy day, this would be something to consider. Once you deduct the cost of beverages and snacks for the day, divide between the adults in the group, and factor the value of reserved viewing for entertainment, the value may be realized.
yeah, I wouldn't get angry because they are offering this, I won't get angry at the people booking it, Disney can do what they want, if they put any effort into this it's because they see a market, the tents are tucked away in an area that is seldom used, so why not

yeah, I wouldn't get angry because they are offering this, I won't get angry at the people booking it, Disney can do what they want, if they put any effort into this it's because they see a market, the tents are tucked away in an area that is seldom used, so why not
If this test is successful, I have absolutely no reason to think the cabanas will remain in an area that's seldom used/out of the way. In the thread on this on the rumors board, it's mentioned that if this test is successful, cabanas will be incorporated into SWL. Also at Epcot. Also said to be dedicating 1.5 acres to this idea in DLR, where space is at a premium already. I have no faith that Disney would not expand as much as they could if this is successful...it wouldn't benefit them to simply stay in an out of the way space in Tomorrowland.

If this test is successful, I have absolutely no reason to think the cabanas will remain in an area that's seldom used/out of the way. In the thread on this on the rumors board, it's mentioned that if this test is successful, cabanas will be incorporated into SWL. Also at Epcot. Also said to be dedicating 1.5 acres to this idea in DLR, where space is at a premium already. I have no faith that Disney would not expand as much as they could if this is successful...it wouldn't benefit them to simply stay in an out of the way space in Tomorrowland.

Exactly that. 1.5 acres of prime park real estate? That should be used for the benefit of all park guests. Heck, maybe they could have kept Thunder Ranch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter