Private Transportation to Resorts

My family used FL Tours. They did a good job. We booked them again for our trip to YC this summer. FL Tours is a sponsor of the transportation forum on DISBoards too. So, I thought my family should give them the business. There is a link to their website on the transportation forum. They advertise a stop at Publix (haven't done the the stop before), but the driver was prompt, courteous and there was sufficient room for 4 suitcases and 4 bags. My recollection is we were driven in a Suburban.

When flying we always use Tiffany Towncar. They are always prompt. We always use a grocery stop. They always respond quickly if we text for a schedule change. Thumbs up.

Hey everyone! What are recommendations for private transpiration from MCO to the Disney resorts? I'm looking into a company called Access Line Transportation. I have also heard Tiffany's Town Car is good. What are everyone's thoughts?
We've used Quicksilver Tours for decades, per an AllEars.net recommendation. A few years ago, they couldn't accept our booking, so we switched to Happy Limousine. Both companies are expert and professional. If it matters, Quicksilver bills when you ride, but Happy Limousine charges ahead of time (a few weeks before your scheduled pickups).

We used JLS Exclusive Transportation. Excellent communication, service, and convenience. Everything including tip was charged ahead of time so that was convenient also. We did a Publix stop with a curbside pickup. It cost more then others I looked at but I would use them again because of the excellent service.

Used Uber for the first time two weeks ago, we have been Mears users before Magical Express and a few times after. Uber could not have been easier, from the plane door opening to the front desk at Saratoga Springs in less than an hour, including picking up bags off the carousel. Two people in a very clean and comfortable explorer, 33$’s. Same on the return.

I used Tiffany last Christmas and overall was disappointed. The driver who picked me up was unaware that when I booked, I had requested a grocery stop and seemed annoyed telling me he would have gone a different route if he'd known. I double checked my reservation and it was clearly requested so he should have been upset with the dispatcher, not me. On my return, the driver arrived an hour earlier than scheduled and wanted me to leave, but we weren't ready. The cars were clean, luxurious and I loved walking off the plane directly into the waiting car that was parked in some special area. The drivers drove safely. But I didn't like feeling as though I had done something wrong on both legs of the transport when I hadn't. Of course we still tipped the required $20 each way

This last trip I took a Lyft and it was overall a better experience and less than half the cost. The only bad part was waiting outside for the ride to arrive (maybe 10 minutes?). It was not the special parking spot that private transport has access to.

eta: I am not a seasoned ride share person. It took a leap of faith for me to use a Lyft this past trip. Thats how disappointed I was with my private transport experience. Because why pay $200 round trip plus $40 in tips when the drivers make you feel bad. For reference I paid less than $100 Round trip including 20% tips for Lyft.

Last edited:
I used Tiffany last Christmas and overall was disappointed. The driver who picked me up was unaware that when I booked, I had requested a grocery stop and seemed annoyed telling me he would have gone a different route if he'd known. I double checked my reservation and it was clearly requested so he should have been upset with the dispatcher, not me. On my return, the driver arrived an hour earlier than scheduled and wanted me to leave, but we weren't ready. The cars were clean, luxurious and I loved walking off the plane directly into the waiting car that was parked in some special area. The drivers drove safely. But I didn't like feeling as though I had done something wrong on both legs of the transport when I hadn't. Of course we still tipped the required $20 each way

This last trip I took a Lyft and it was overall a better experience and less than half the cost. The only bad part was waiting outside for the ride to arrive (maybe 10 minutes?). It was not the special parking spot that private transport has access to.

eta: I am not a seasoned ride share person. It took a leap of faith for me to use a Lyft this past trip. Thats how disappointed I was with my private transport experience. Because why pay $200 round trip plus $40 in tips when the drivers make you feel bad. For reference I paid less than $100 Round trip including 20% tips for Lyft.
I will note that our return driver DID also arrive about an hour early. I seem to remember him being kind of chill about and just letting us know he was there. We were in the lobby ready to go so it didn't matter at the time BUT if I'd been still shopping or eating or even playing in the arcade, I wouldn't have liked being pushed.

I'm looking to save some next time so we're considering Lyft.

We used Elex Transport the last two times, they were awesome, prompt and smooth to deal with.

Next time though I'm just renting a car. In the end it's faster and will save costs too.

We used Away We Go in December and they were fabulous. Drivers to (Yecenia) and from (Geo) were in constant communication with us via text and had the 2 car seats we needed installed upon arrival. Had Disney music and A/C going plus lollipops for the kids. Our arriving flight was late but our driver stayed at the airport waiting for us because she was tracking our flight. The private curb to curb service was so nice. We were a party of 8, 6 adults and 2 kids (one in rear facing car seat one in forward facing car seat). All fit comfortably and all our luggage plus double stroller had plenty of room in the trunk. Prepaid $245 round trip including gratuity. We ended up tipping extra in cash day of too. They also do transfers to/from Universal, Sanford airport, and Port Canaveral.

Using Uber has been very efficient…have flown SWA and simply walked out door right beside baggage carousels and waited about 5 min for driver….so easy! Especially like returning to MCO via Uber as drop off has been right beside the curbside check in. Cost has been $30-$34 each way plus tip.

We used Tiffany Towncars before Magic Express was a thing and are now using them again. Our driver, Max, has been wonderful!
Max is the best!!! Other drivers for Tiffany are good but I’m always disappointed when it’s not Max.

I’ve been sticking with Tiffany.

We like Gear Fusion and Tiffany Towncar. I’d say if you don’t need the grocery stop, Gear Fusion is slightly better from a price perspective. Both met us at baggage claim, on time, great communication, friendly drivers.

I use FL Tours. Always prompt, friendly service.

A word of caution on using a ride share. The pricing varies a lot depending on demand. I thought I would save money one trip and use a ride share instead of FL Tours. Landing late at night at MCO both lyft and uber wanted $100 one way.

We used Tiffany Towncar for the first time in November and had a fantastic experience. On arrival the driver was waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator and helped get the luggage. I LOVED that there is special parking for the car services and we didn't have far to go at all after getting the luggage. The car to the resort was a Suburban. The driver was friendly and helpful with luggage/loading/unloading, but not chatty.

Going back to the airport, our driver arrived right on time in a Lincoln SUV. This driver was much chattier and we had a very enjoyable ride back to the airport. He pointed out what many of the things we were passing were and told us about upcoming things in the Orlando area. Upon arrival at the airport, he must have been buddies with the baggage handling guys because he pulled right up, gave a nod and the curbside guy came and did our baggage letting us cut the line of people waiting.

We are definitely planning to use them again for our trip in September.

GearFusion! we switched from using Tiffany due to unsafe drivers. I dont like to fear our lives driving to and from WDW. Just was not comfortable using them anymore. We tried Gearfusion and their safety was amazing as well as their prices way better. Awesome people and we are booked with them again for April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter