• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

promotion codes HA!

Kellybell

DIS Veteran
:mad: I currently have a 2 bedroom villa booked for my party of 7 adults 1 toddler for 9/27/05-10/04/05 and have heard of to promotion codes that are convienently not applicable to my current accomodations! Why can't I take advantage of the 40% off military discount or the free dining package with my exsisting ressie! I am soo frustrated right now I could scream. :bounce: Does anyone have any suggestions to save money but not giving up home away form home ammenities?

Sometimes they offer AP rates on the DVC properties, depending on surplus room availability - you can check with CRO to see if there are any promotions out for AP holders during that time for any of the DVCs. Another option is renting points from a DVC member. Those are two options off of rack rate that I can think of.

Since you mention the military discount, I'm guessing you are eligible for Shades of Green. If that is the case, call them and explain you need a suite accomodation (rather than just a regular hotel room) and see if they'll give you an overflow rate. We've done this twice now, needing the extra space and received a one-bedroom at OKW for $134 and a two-bedroom for just over $200/night.

The 2 bedroom villas are difficult to come by outside of DVC. Therefore discounts on them are not as prevelant as other resorts.

Have you tried asking CRO if there is another 2 bedroom villa at a different Disney resort that might be available for you--or modifying your dates slightly to take advantage of either offer? Sometimes if you can be a bit flexible something magical might open.

Sue Ellen

We are having the same problem for 9/26 - 10/1. Just about ready to give up and book room with the dining!

Not every promotion works for everyone. You also have to weigh the pros and cons. We gave up a room only ressie with a 40% discount on it (CM) and have a free dining discount card, and rebooked the Pop at rack rate (plus 1 day tickets) and free dining because we decided that this would save alot more money than what we would have gotten with the CM discounts. It would be nice if you could stack discounts, but you can't and that just the way it is. If you could stack, we would be the first ones to make out, since hubby is a CM and I am an AP holder, the discount on our rooms would be Huge! You have to crunch the numbers on these deals and they don't work for everyone, but it does require some give and take and sacrifice.

BTW: have you looked into moving to the FW cabins?

Not all room views/choices are available with all packages, discounted or not.

You just have to decide what you are willing to pay for. Home away from home amenities don't come cheaply and since most are DVC properties, they don't need to worry about offering discounts on them.

You might be able to rent points from a DVC owner.

The 2 bedroom villas book up quickly. Old Key West is one that sometimes is available with discounts. The Beach Club is one that hardly ever shows available with a discount. Have you tried looking into alternate resorts? Perhaps two rooms at a different resort, that is not in the DVC category, might make it easier for you to get the discount.

Francine

That's the thing about the codes, you really have to jump on them when there released, because only a certain about of rooms are blocked off for code use. I would call shades of green and see if they can help you.

Discounts are not offered on every room type and resort. You really have to think of it as kind of a clearance sale. They will be available where there is a surplus of rooms. I agree you should ask CRO if a 2 bedroom at a different property might be available with a discount. Or crunch the numbers and see if a couple of rooms at a non DVC resort would be worth it if you can get the discount? If you need a kitchen you would probably have to go with a Ft Wilderness cabin or dvc, but you could also try a combination of rooms there with discounts and see how it comes out - maybe a studio and a one bedroom? Try all the scenarios.

Also, keep checking back. People change and cancel reservations all the time, or the deposit isn't given in the 14 days it's suppose to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter