Proof of Time

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
Do you have to have a proof of time before registering for a runDisney half marathon?

I plan on doing some runs over the summer, so I will not have an official POT before the registration date. Do I need to try to find a run for POT before registering??

You can register without POT. Check the deadline for submitting POT for your race on the runDisney site. You can go into active.com (go to My Events) any time before the deadline and submit or change your POT. Just don’t forget to do it!

Perfect, thank you! I started to panic a little!

Also, PoT is only required if you anticipate running below a certain time. I think it's 2:00 or 2:30 for a half - it states the time on the registration page.

It is 2:45 for a half. You can submit a POT from a 10K or above race distance. If you use a 10K time, they will adjust it using a calculator such as McMillan.

It is 2:45 for a half. You can submit a POT from a 10K or above race distance. If you use a 10K time, they will adjust it using a calculator such as McMillan.

Just to clarify, if you use a 10k time you need to adjust it when you put in your estimated finish time or you risk RunDisney not accepting the value. I've seen posts about this happening to people before. Just use a calculator like McMillan that you can find online to determine an adjusted half marathon finish time for a 10k time and use that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter