Proof The Rumors Are True!!! TCD Relocation Plans!

5117886275_7f2412528d_b.jpg

It's clear to me that these plans only show half the resort (if that). Look at this image. Notice the resort we can see is horseshoe shaped, facing northeast. Imagine another horseshoe with its mouth opened facing northwest.

Perfect view of MK and fireworks.

The diagram actually suggests it. Look at the building where it's cut off.

The resort will cut right through the existing horse barn.

RC will be right at the center of this second horseshoe, like a Pac Man swallowing RC. So guests here will have a view of MK and RC.

OK.

You are on!

And, I will buy you whatever drink you want at Crockett's if you are right. If I am right, just a plain old beer will be fine.

Although it would be awesome if what you are predicting happens, I just cannot see it.

Do you have any source of information, or is this wishful thinking on your part?

TCD

Deal.

I will reveal my source over the drink/beer at Crockett's when the time comes...

It's clear to me that these plans only show half the resort (if that). Look at this image. Notice the resort we can see is horseshoe shaped, facing northeast. Imagine another horseshoe with its mouth opened facing northwest.

Perfect view of MK and fireworks.

The diagram actually suggests it. Look at the building where it's cut off.

The resort will cut right through the existing horse barn.

RC will be right at the center of this second horseshoe, like a Pac Man swallowing RC. So guests here will have a view of MK and RC.

Hey new dude. . .

Your revelation has already been discussed by many of us.

This is a discussion board.

So don't just look at the pictures.

See?:

. . .
, but I think the problem is we can't see the southern most portions of the project. If you look at the bottom of the print you can see two buildings have been cut off. One is on top of the employee boat dock and the other is in the center of the print.

You make a good point.

We could be looking at only half of the new resort. Or even less that half.

What we see are the buildings which will have a lake view.

There is still a lot of land to the south of what we see here- in fact the whole TCD ranch area, as well as other space.

Whenever they get around to applying for a permit for that phase of the construction, we will see it all.

This drawing you found shows that they already know exactly what they plan to do.

These separate buildings lined up in a curve remind me of the DVC resort over at AKL. I think what we see toward the bottom of the drawing are the lobby and other central buildings, and that there might be another row of buildings containing guest rooms to the south of what we are looking at.

TCD

As I said above, I think we are only looking at the north half of the new resort.

TCD

Finally, there is obviously a good bit more to this resort than this drawing shows. I agree with TCD, there has to be a pool. Also, there is no parking shown, access roads, or gating.

ShantaClausSm.png

So, anyway, new dude . . .

Are you saying that the southern portion of this resort will have another row of buildings shaped like a "C"? Like what we see on the current drawing?

I don't think so.

I think it will be like a backward "C", so that the resort's buildings kind of look like an "H" with its sides curving outward.

I do agree that it looks like this puts some of the remains of River Country in the middle.

And, maybe they will use parts of it for the new resort.

But, not a lot.

And, it won't be open to the public.

TCD

Well, maybe I found nothing new, but I found something. Here is the link:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.409143&lon=-81.5671778&z=17&l=0&m=b

And Here I a screen cap from that wikimapia.

BuffaloJunctionOverlaycopy.jpg

Looking at this, I wonder if what we see on the submitted plans, could be left over from Buffalo Junction Days????? Not to say that would throw all of this out the window. The scope of Buffalo Jct. according to this, makes sense to me, taking advantage of all that lake front. Most intriguing is that it was laid out to land smack dab against the service side of Pioneer hall.

Deal.

I will reveal my source over the drink/beer at Crockett's when the time comes...

Hmmmm.:confused3

If your source was any good, why would you even mention the beer?

I am feeling a tall frosty one coming on!

The only problem is that I will probably forget our wager by the time this is all done.

What does your source tell you about when this party is going to get started?

TCD

Wow what a resource that map is!!! It has info. on projects all over WDW!!
For instance look at MK. Details on the Fantasyland expansion.

. Most intriguing is that it was laid out to land smack dab against the service side of Pioneer hall.

Tony-

Why do you say this?

The screen cap shows the eastern edge of Buffalo Junction stopping at the horse barn, and not including River Country. I don't see it up against Pioneer Hall. I don't think that it was ever contemplated that Buffalo Junction would occupy the area of River Country or the TCD Ranch. So, in that regard, I don't think these are old plans we are looking at.

The area depicted in that photo is huge. Buffalo Junction would have been a completely separate resort. For better or worse, this new resort will be an appendage to Fort Wilderness.

TCD

TCD if you follow the path from Clementines beach you will see the shots in the middle where the flower bed is next to the ticket booth. The line work in this are is missing. On another layer and turned off? demolition? it looks like a drawing that is in the middle of being edited. Just my two cents.

Are you saying that the southern portion of this resort will have another row of buildings shaped like a "C"? Like what we see on the current drawing?

I don't think so.

I think it will be like a backward "C", so that the resort's buildings kind of look like an "H" with its sides curving outward.

I do agree that it looks like this puts some of the remains of River Country in the middle.

Hey, old dude:

As I wrote previously, like a Pac Man swallowing River Country.

A backwards C, as you describe it.

Did you, perchance, fail to read what I posted on this discussion board?!?

And, it won't be open to the public.

TCD

We shall see.

Ahhhhh...a new rivalry...I am going to revel in this victory!

TCD if you follow the path from Clementines beach you will see the shots in the middle where the flower bed is next to the ticket booth. The line work in this are is missing. On another layer and turned off? demolition? it looks like a drawing that is in the middle of being edited. Just my two cents.

Thanks.

I saw the oval (kind of) shaped flower bed.

But, I do not see the ticket booth.

Thanks for confirming that it is not there. I thought I was looking in the wrong place (again).

You are probably right about the drawing being incomplete.

TCD

Hey, old dude:

As I wrote previously, like a Pac Man swallowing River Country.

A backwards C, as you describe it.

Did you, perchance, fail to read what I posted on this discussion board?!?

Sorry, but you lost me.

I'm old, after all.

What is Pac Man?:confused3

J/K

Seriously, where are you saying the extra row of buildings will go?

The drawing that we are looking at shows what looks like a central type building toward the bottom.

I don't think there would be room for another row of buildings there- those would be right on top of River Country.

I am saying the second row of buildings will be to the south, shaped like a backward "C," with what remains of River Country to the east of that row.

What are you saying?

TCD

I think RC is a goner. Look at this pic posted by TCD....
Note where the parking lot is.... inside the second semi-circle. This allows the community portion of the resort to sit between the wings and be close to transportation, parking, etc.. One would have to assume a similar lay out at this new resort, placing parking right where RC is.

and[/I] RC.

If so, where will the parking lot be?

I think RC is a goner. Look at this pic posted by TCD....

Note where the parking lot is.... inside the second semi-circle. This allows the community portion of the resort to sit between the wings and be close to transportation, parking, etc.. One would have to assume a similar lay out at this new resort, placing parking right where RC is.

If so, where will the parking lot be?

The parking lot could be on the outside of the "C", like where the stables are now.

The parking lot could be on the outside of the "C", like where the stables are now.

You could be right.

You probably are right,

but I hope not...

because if you are right that puts the view of this resort from the Pioneer Hall area as a big, ugly expanse of blacktop, plus making River Country (if they did a remodel and kept it as this new resort's pool) inaccessible to anyone outside the resort.

Sorry, but you lost me.

Seriously, where are you saying the extra row of buildings will go?

The drawing that we are looking at shows what looks like a central type building toward the bottom.

I don't think there would be room for another row of buildings there- those would be right on top of River Country.

I am saying the second row of buildings will be to the south, shaped like a backward "C," with what remains of River Country to the east of that row.

What are you saying?

TCD

Just taking a stab at this, but I'm pretty sure you guys are saying the same things, just a bit differently.

That is how I'm interpreting both posts, and I am getting the same picture in my head.

You could be right.

You probably are right,

but I hope not...

because if you are right that puts the view of this resort from the Pioneer Hall area as a big, ugly expanse of blacktop, plus making River Country (if they did a remodel and kept it as this new resort's pool) inaccessible to anyone outside the resort.

I'm just guessing. It really depends on how this development is going to turn out. Will it be it's own resort or will it be more like an extension of FW, like our own "The Villas at Fort Wilderness" or something like that. If it's an extension of FW, I don't see why the amenities wouldn't be shared between the this new section and the rest of FW. What if the whole area around Pioneer Hall was redesigned to be more like a FW version of the Boardwalk area and this new section was being built simply to add DVC units to FW. This could be a good thing.

Just taking a stab at this, but I'm pretty sure you guys are saying the same things, just a bit differently.

That is how I'm interpreting both posts, and I am getting the same picture in my head.

No, I don't think so.

TM2E is saying ( I think) that the second row of buildings will be shaped like a backward C (or pacman) with River Country in the mouth. What I am having trouble visualizing is how that would work, as there isn't room for another row of buildings, which would open up to River Country, if the photo overlays are accurate.

TCD is saying that the second row will be shaped like a backward C with whatever remains of River Country at the back of the C. I am envisioning a space here- where maybe there will be some elements of River Country used, but not much.

TCD

Tony-

Why do you say this?

The screen cap shows the eastern edge of Buffalo Junction stopping at the horse barn, and not including River Country. I don't see it up against Pioneer Hall. I don't think that it was ever contemplated that Buffalo Junction would occupy the area of River Country or the TCD Ranch. So, in that regard, I don't think these are old plans we are looking at.

The area depicted in that photo is huge. Buffalo Junction would have been a completely separate resort. For better or worse, this new resort will be an appendage to Fort Wilderness.

TCD

I reject your reality and substitute my own. :rolleyes: I think that in all my excitement getting this screen cap, my deficiencies as an investigative journalist came to the fore. I thought that the plan shown included the area marked RC. :rolleyes1

I don't know if I am in denial or what, but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would squeeze it right up against and into the existing FW footprint. Just sayin' :)

I'm just guessing. It really depends on how this development is going to turn out. Will it be it's own resort or will it be more like an extension of FW, like our own "The Villas at Fort Wilderness" or something like that. If it's an extension of FW, I don't see why the amenities wouldn't be shared between the this new section and the rest of FW. What if the whole area around Pioneer Hall was redesigned to be more like a FW version of the Boardwalk area and this new section was being built simply to add DVC units to FW. This could be a good thing.

It would be good if all of the amenities were open to everyone.

Like at WL.

And AKL.

But, over at the Contemporary, they don't allow guests of the Contemporary to have access to Bay Lake Tower. No access to the roof-top bar. No access to the pool. I would expect a similar situation here. Unless they make the pool really big. But, if this a DVC, and I bought into it, I am not sure I would want to have everyone from FW and WL using the pool at my resort. I understand this, and I don't really have a problem with it. They will need this exclusivity as a marketing tool.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter