Pro's and Con's of Disney World in June

Wdh2o

Earning My Ears
Help! Trying to decide whether to go to Disneyworld in June. Tell me what you like and don't like about going in June! Thank you for your help. Taking two adults and two teenage girls.

We always hear complaints about the heat in summer but we always go to DW in June and yes it is hot standing in the sun but there are so many ways to keep cool. Walking between things is the hot part. Usually lines are in the shade or cooled and you don't think about the heat on the rides. A lot of things are inside plus you always have the fun water parks. It is what you make of it. I'd rather be at DW in June than the office in June.

Yes.....it is hot. Being in the park at opening time is very helpful.

Lots of sunlight in June. Early sunrise, late sunset.

Almost nothing is shut down for refurb.

Crowds can get thick in the afternoon, but most days are not 9s and 10s!

Just bring extra clothes and shower/change an extra time each day.

Be prepared for the 3pm thunderstorms.............sometimes afterwards the parks are cooler and less crowded!

Avoid the end which is close to July 4th...........it is a 10plus for crowds!:scared1:

Thank you for all your great comments. We live in California where it can get to 106 degrees in the summer, but it is a dry heat where as Florida is way more humid. Thanks again.

I too was wondering that. Do any of you know what the crowd estimation is for June 10-17? I live in south texas with 106 heat as well, thank you for yalls tips n help.

I too was wondering that. Do any of you know what the crowd estimation is for June 10-17? I live in south texas with 106 heat as well, thank you for yalls tips n help.

Star Wars Weekends at DHS ends on June 12th so your stay will overlap that just a bit. We have been in June numerous times and it is crowded (will be there this year again, but after you). It becomes more crowded as the month goes on. On a scale of 1-10 it is about an 8. So pretty full. However with that being said if you are able to do rope drop and maxmize the earlier morning hours, take a break in the afternoon when it is hot and return in the evening you should have no problem seeing what you like and the weather will not play that much of a part in your day.

I hope both the OP and you have a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes

We went last June and have plans to go this June as well. Yeah, it's hot, but a good hat, some good sunblock, proper dress, and a lot of water will make combating the heat a little more bearable. Just build in some rest stops throughout the day and you will be fine. Hit those indoor, lengthy rides/attractions (Ellen's Energy Adventure, Nemo the Musical, etc....) when the heat gets up to have an extended cool down with the bonus of seeing an attraction. And, like others have said, head back to your resort/hotel in the middle of the day for pool time/lunch/rest.

We went last June and have plans to go this June as well. Yeah, it's hot, but a good hat, some good sunblock, proper dress, and a lot of water will make combating the heat a little more bearable. Just build in some rest stops throughout the day and you will be fine. Hit those indoor, lengthy rides/attractions (Ellen's Energy Adventure, Nemo the Musical, etc....) when the heat gets up to have an extended cool down with the bonus of seeing an attraction. And, like others have said, head back to your resort/hotel in the middle of the day for pool time/lunch/rest.

HI we r going 2nd to 8th june with two 7 yr olds!I know it will be hot but am wondering about the crowds specially due to the gay parade days !

Any advice ?

Thanks
:confused3

with much of the above.

It will be hot. Take breaks in the afternoon.

Taking breaks is okay because the hours are longer.

The big reasons we go in June is a) because the kids are out of school and b) they both have birthdays in July and want parties then.

Can't say much good about our June experience. It was 97-100 each day and was pretty crowded.

We went last year the 3rd week of June. It was hotter than normal according to the cast members. We were just fine. If you plan accordingly and get out of the heat when you can, it will be okay. We did not think the parks were overly crowded. We were able to do the rides we wanted without too much wait. We used fastpasses when the lines were long. A couple heat realted suggestions:
1: freeze a damp wash cloth, put it in a ziploc bag and as it thaws you have a cool rag to wash your face with.
2: freeze an orange, rub your foot over it to cool and sooth tired feet.
3: freeze a water bottle and have cool water most of the day.

Have a great time...we will be ther the 3rd week in June again this year!:woohoo:

This is the only month we ever go in! For us, absolutely wonderful! July is too crowded for Fourth of July, and is even hotter! And if you were to go in June I would not suggest last week because of Fourth of July. For us the best time is middle of the month (we are going at this time in less than a month)! There seems to be not as much of a crowd because all of the people from the north are just getting out of school, and usually do not come until later. Not matter what Orlando (anywhere in the south) is hot! For us though, we have never really noticed "major" heat. We usually pack mini fans with misters, bandanas, water, and lots of pony tail holders for DD. I am sure that you will love this time! Go for it:thumbsup2

We've gone the last 3 years the first week in June and are returning this year at the same time. I don't consider the crowds to be overwhelming. There are longs waits for the usual popular rides, but getting fastpass helps. It is definitely hot, but living in southeast Texas we are used to the heat and humidity. We always comment on how the crowds begin to thicken by the end of our vacation compared to the beginning of it.

We've gone begining of June and end of June. End of June is Hot and Crowded. Begining of June is better. We love to go in the summer. The parks are open until 2 or 3 in the morning some days. The kids love staying out late and the weather is perfect after the sun goes down. During the day time hours we do lots of indoor attractions. Also being from Wisconsin we realy apreciate any warm weather. We've only had a couple nice days this year so far so were looking forward to some summer weather next week when we go.

I find June to be hotter and more crowded than August. Not as many rain storms in my experience...but HOT HOT HOT. I thought it would be like August, I was prepared for that kind of heat...but seriously, it felt like we were standing in an oven some days. :scared1:

it was nice having dry weather the entire trip but the heat was unreal.

Just as a general note about the heat here, I want to emphasize that it is not just hot but humid as can be. Sometimes, I feel like the humidity is the real problem with our summer weather. I never thought it made a difference until I spent a couple of days in Dallas. It was hotter than it was in Orlando (according to the local weather stations) but it felt a lot better than Florida heat. Just take it easy, drink as much water as you possibly can, don't be afraid to duck into any quick service restaurant and ask a for a cup with some ice to chew on while you walk around and if you're feeling brave enough, brave the afternoon rain storms to beat the crowds and the heat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter