Pros/Cons----Packing Cubes

Love my packing cubes, my only downsides:

-packing dirty clothes back in with any clean clothes left over ( I bring an extra cube and pack the dirty clothes in it)
-you lose some ability to fit flexible things around tight corners (ie there is a weird shaped space in between two other items or the wall of the case you can't make it fit, packing cubes are pretty confined to square/rectangle areas)
-they become addicting and I now have more cubes than I actually need for 90% of my trips and still get tempted by some of the specialty ones that have come out.
That's why I don't pack underwear or socks in a cube. They get stuffed around the cubes, where the corners don't fit flush.

Would like to try packing cubes. I currently use stuff sacks that I can compress. I am a little limited on space...

Love the cubes. I originally bought them from ebags but also bought another brand from Amazon. I have 4 different colors so I use a different color for each of us and black for a combined cube. I just kinda wish they would make the cubes with a little slot so you can slip in a piece of paper for description.

We just pull them out of luggage and throw in drawer or closet. Since I do laundry at Disney and come home with only a few dirty items, I pack clean clothes in cubes and toss dirty clothes in lose.

For a pre-night stay, I will pack most of what we need in one cube. I pack toiletries in cubes and swimwear in seperate I will organize things in my backpack with cubes and when we were in the stroller years, would throw a cube in the bottom of the stroller to keep things organized.

Love the cubes. I originally bought them from ebags but also bought another brand from Amazon. I have 4 different colors so I use a different color for each of us and black for a combined cube. I just kinda wish they would make the cubes with a little slot so you can slip in a piece of paper for description.

We just pull them out of luggage and throw in drawer or closet. Since I do laundry at Disney and come home with only a few dirty items, I pack clean clothes in cubes and toss dirty clothes in lose.

For a pre-night stay, I will pack most of what we need in one cube. I pack toiletries in cubes and swimwear in seperate I will organize things in my backpack with cubes and when we were in the stroller years, would throw a cube in the bottom of the stroller to keep things organized.

Saw a great packing video the other day. Some one took the round 'paper' key tags and put those on the zippers of her packing cubes for labels.

For a pre-night stay, I will pack most of what we need in one cube.

I do this too!! It's super convenient and we don't have to drag in all of our luggage (we usually drive) since we're only going to be spending a night before heading to our length of stay hotel :).

I've seen these around quite a bit but haven't bought any yet.

If you have them, do you like them? Are there any cons to them at all? What are you favorite brands and sizes?

Thanks!
LOVe them. Bought them at home goods and/or tj maxx or bed bath.
They make life simple as I group things together and literally place them in drawers or closet shelves when we arrive at our destination. I bought some that are no leaking and use ziploc in it for bathroom stuff/shampoos etc ( because I still don’t trust them lol) and no leaks.
I vote yes, worth it.

I think I'm in the minority and I bought some and hated them. I can cram more into my suitcase without using them, and I don't even roll my clothes. Granted my vacation wardrobe is pretty casual so I don't have to worry about dress clothes getting too wrinkly. But I fold a shirt into a skirt/pants/shorts so I know which shirt goes with what bottoms.

I know use the cubes I bought to pack misc things. Like one is used for all our various chargers. One is sometimes taken empty to put small souvenirs in for the way home (such as pins from Disney).

I love my packing cubes. We have the amazon basics brand and they are great. When you have multiple family members clothes in one suitcase it helps with staying organized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter