PS for Crystal Palace: Should I?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
We are going to MK on Thurs., May 20, 2004. We would like to do Breakfast at The Crystal Palace, but we have never done PS before. DD2's first trip. What is the latest they serve breakfast? We are planning a very relaxed trip and want to just let her set the pace. Will there be big crowds there then? It's not a big deal that we eat there, but I don't want to wait for a very long time. This will be day one of our 4 day PH trip. I'm worried that if we get a PS then we will want to do something different.
HELP!

We ate at Crystal Palace last May. We did have a PS which worked out beautifully. What is nice is that if you don't have PS you could put your name in an you are given a vibrating/flashing devise to carry for when your table is ready. That way you cna go and look at other things while waiting your turn. I will say we did not notice a huge crowd waiting to be seated. If I can be of any more help drop me a line. :D princess: :wave2:

I would recommend getting a PS if you think you might want to eat somewhere at a specific time. I just have the Disney Dining number (1-800-WDW-DINE) programmed into my cellphone and call frequently when we are there (if I haven't made PSs from home, which I usually do).

The Crystal Palace is a neat place, and when we did the Character dinner there (Pooh, Piglet, Tigger & Eeyore) the food, service and characters were great! Don't know how it is a Breakfast, but I would recommend getting a PS in any case; you can always call and cancel if you decide to do something else.

Mid to late May is a bit calmer than high season like Spring Break, summer vacation, Xmas, Thxgiving and Easter, plus things are not quite as hot as they get later on. Enjoy your trip!

I don't get why some are reluctant to make PS's. You don't pay if you don't use it (unless CRT or holidays) so why not? We make at least one for every day and have found the restaurants are very accomodating if we show up early or late. Thursdays in MK are EE days and are likely to be crowded. Why not make a late PS, say 10:15 and maybe you'll be hungry by then.

We did Crystal Palace for lunch - less rushing around than breakfast. Same great characters and atmosphere!

We had lunch at CP with a PS and still had a short wait. I would definetly get a PS. It CP was great!

I did a PS at 11:30 and it was a lunch buffet. I think the Pooh characters are there all day, and they did a good job entertaining my kids.

I chose a late breakfast/early lunch because MK was getting crowded by 11:00 and it offered a nice break. I checked in, and they gave me a red "pager." There are plenty of outdoor tables and benches to sit and people watch. I waited about 10 minutes. The restaurant is large and I can't imagine waiting a long time to get a table.

We love the CP, but go for dinner. We don't like to eat big meals early during our "touring days"! :p Their dinner buffet was absolutely wonderful, and we were very surprised. Now, I'm going to take my Mother for her 1st time next week!

I agree, a ps doesn't cost anything, so why not??? We have changed them many times while we are there. And, sometimes, we haven't been able to make it to every one that we did have. It isn't a big deal!

We've done CP for breakfast and dinner. We enjoy the food and character interaction. The service 2 weeks ago was great. It was busy but not nuts. my 2 girls loved it.

Del

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter