PS for rainforest cafe in downtown disney?

flamom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if you need to have a PS for lunch in rainforest cafe in downtown disney?if you do is it made thru the W-dine phone number?Is the food good? thanks

We love the RFC in DTD!! It's usually our 1st night dinner! What day are you arriving? I would say you wouldn't normally need a ps, but it can't hurt! I've been there too many times with 1+ hr waits, so I finally joined the Safari Club and it is well worth it! (not to mention, I love the free appetizer from the card too! :tongue: )

Alot of people either love it or hate it. We love it and find the food good, and the portions huge. We have learned to start splitting our meal, and we are big eaters.

Hope you enjoy it! ::yes::

HI Disneyfan551:We are going in 2 weeks(whoohoo) and having lunch at rainforest on 7/19.Unfortunately my DH just now let me know he wanted to eat at the rainforest cafe today so it's too late for me to join the safari club(at least i think so?) because I'm afraid we won't get it in time.I'm going to call disney dining tomorrow to see what they say about making a PS.Thank you for your imput!

I second the suggestion of obtaining the Safari Card. If you visit WDW (or any of their other locations) frequently then the card is a must! No long waits, 10% discount on food and merchandise.

The cost is $15.00 but it pays you back after 2 visits. You also get gift certificates sent to you for your birthday and aniversary.

Its not a bad deal and I hate to stand in line!

You should be able to buy the card at the Elephant (its at DTD/you'll see what I mean when you arrive).

We are planning on lunch at RFC the week of 7/14. It is always a must with us on any WDW visit.

I always make a PS when we plan on dining at Rain Forest Cafe !
I have see many times when the wait times are 1-2 hours for those without a PS.

You cannot book a PS for RF through Disney Dining. However, you can call the restaurant directly and book one.
The number is (407)827-8500 and they accept PS's up to a year in advance I believe, so go ahead and call ;-)

Hope that helps :wave2:

Chris

You should be able to get one without much trouble. I called last week (two weeks out, and DS decided he really wanted to go to RFC) and we got our pick of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter