PS question, newbie-style

alliecats

DIS Veteran
Although I have been to WDW several times, I will be staying on site for the first time next month (WOW, next month!!!) and eating something other than counter service for the first time. I am a pretty low-maintenance person & have always been way more about the carnival-style eats than the restaurants--hot dogs, popcorn, candy; etc. I think it is part of the charm. But after being on the DIS a few months & reading all the great reviews, and since it is an anniversary, I want to try a few restaurants this time. What is the PS number I call to get ressies? Is there a different one for each park? And what info will they need from me? Thanks for helping me out on this lame question. :wave2:

Not lame at all! There is one main number but there are a couple of toll-free numbers if calling from the US. Here's some information from the PS FAQ for you:

Who do You Call to Make Priority Seatings?

Central Reservations Office (CRO) can handle all your PS events. CRO can be reached at 407-WDISNEY (407-934-7639). However, you can call WDW Dining directly at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). Dining PS can be made from 7 AM to 10 PM weekdays and 7 AM to 8 PM on all holidays and weekends.

There are currently two toll-free numbers available. They are 877-939-3732 (this only works in the United States) and 800-828-0228. On both numbers, press 3 after the message starts. Once you press 3, you'll then be sent to the WDW-DINE cue and have to answer even more questions. For our Spanish speaking friends, there is also a toll-free number at 800-459-5432.

You can also make PS at every WDW Resort Guest Services desk, by dialing 55 from your room phone or press *88 from any WDW pay phone to be directly connected with WDW Dining.

NOTE: You will be given a Confirmation Number. Make sure you write it down and bring it with you on your trip for each PS you make.

Happy Planning!
smileyhat.gif

Hi. I am a newbie to PS as well. I am planning a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's for a group of 15 (10 adults and 5 kids), for July 27. I have several questions:

1. According to the PS Calendar, I can call for PS on April 28. Is there any reason I can't call before 4/28?
2. Are WDW's operating hours in EST time zone?
3. Is there such a table for 15 persons?
4. I read somewhere that large tables (for 10 or so) are in the back of dining room and are far from the main activities/entertainment. Is it better to book 2 tables next to each other?

Thanks!!!

cuti1999

1. Priority seating can be made no earlier then 90 days prior to the dining date. Just a WDW policy.

2. Yes the operating hours are EST.

3. Some restaurants will be able to seat 15 together. While others will split you up into smaller nearby tables. Contact Group dining at 407-wdw-dine for further info and PSs.

4. It really depends on the restaurant and what time you have your PS. All restaurants do not seat you in one particular area. But will try to pull available tables together to accommodate your party just like your restaurants at home.

You also might find the menu website helpful when deciding which restaurants to dine in.
www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter