PTR - surprise trip first time in DLP

itsrainingitspouring

Mouseketeer
Just the two of us, me and 8 yr old boy

Flights are booked leave on Sat 8th Feb - Return Wed 12th Feb

Not booked transfers from airport yet

Staying at hotel Cheyenne - will there be a kettle??

are there any hot drinks available in cheyenne at breakfast?

Booked BBWWS for the Monday evening - how early do we need to arrive for this?

Will make the most of EMH when we can.

We are skiers so have ski wear, ski trousers etc, does anyone else pack these for walking around the parks in winter?

Descent of the stairs in DLH looks good so hope to see that.

Also want to do as many rides as 8yr old is tall enough for, I think he is around 116/117 cm atm, perhaps could stretch a few extra cms by Feb.

I'd also quire like to have a wander around and nosy at all the hotels. Perhaps can do this on Sat or Sun when the parks may be a bit busier.

If you have any top tips or must do's please share them with us!

With this being a surprise for 8 yr old I am having trouble trying not to discuss it with him, or in front of him! I will tell him on his birthday about a week before we go, so we can build up the excitement together!

thanks for reading and have a magical day!

Here is the Mickey I bought for the big reveal'

'Mickey & Duffy'

along with a couple of DVDs and a pin

mickey-1.jpg

and his first pin

badge.jpg

I hope so too!

though its a surprise trip we were chatting about holidays and i slipped in a question about where' he'd like to go?

He said Disney World Orlando, or Spain, I suggested DLP, he said, would it be cold and raining there?

Hmmm yeh mayb, it will be cold anyway.

He said, nah I'd rather have sunshine!

:rotfl2:

Just the two of us, me and 8 yr old boy

Flights are booked leave on Sat 8th Feb - Return Wed 12th Feb

Not booked transfers from airport yet

Staying at hotel Cheyenne - will there be a kettle??

are there any hot drinks available in cheyenne at breakfast?

Booked BBWWS for the Monday evening - how early do we need to arrive for this?

Will make the most of EMH when we can.

We are skiers so have ski wear, ski trousers etc, does anyone else pack these for walking around the parks in winter?

Descent of the stairs in DLH looks good so hope to see that.

Also want to do as many rides as 8yr old is tall enough for, I think he is around 116/117 cm atm, perhaps could stretch a few extra cms by Feb.

I'd also quire like to have a wander around and nosy at all the hotels. Perhaps can do this on Sat or Sun when the parks may be a bit busier.

If you have any top tips or must do's please share them with us!

With this being a surprise for 8 yr old I am having trouble trying not to discuss it with him, or in front of him! I will tell him on his birthday about a week before we go, so we can build up the excitement together!

thanks for reading and have a magical day!

I would take a travel kettle with you and also a flask.
I always take a flask and some instant hot chocolate with us.
I'm mean and don't buy drinks.
Yes hot drinks at the Cheyenne you may want to take your own tea bags, take a empty bottle to fill up with juice or water for your ds save some money.
We have been late march before and always see people in full ski wear so dont worry.
I've only had a fleece on before and seen Spanish people in the full lot .

We love bbwws it's a fun night out food can be so so but we law at have a great time.

Have a look in the SL it's my fave sure you will love it.

Will try to think of some tips.

Make sure you share his reaction I would love to see it :goodvibes
Happy planning
Rachael x

thanks Rachael, good tip about the filling up a bottle with juice from breakfast......... what drinks are usually available @ breakfast?

Already have a flask ready to take with us :)

Will be taking plenty of food and snacks too as worried he won't like the allergy meals.

Some cereal for breakfast and other snacks etc.

thanks Rachael, good tip about the filling up a bottle with juice from breakfast......... what drinks are usually available @ breakfast?

Already have a flask ready to take with us :)

Will be taking plenty of food and snacks too as worried he won't like the allergy meals.

Some cereal for breakfast and other snacks etc.

Orange apple and pineapple.
Coffee and tea sure they do hot chocolate at the cheyenne.
Also awful milk it maybe different now tho.

Remember there are shops in the train station where you can buy snacks ( a lot cheaper than Disney) and also wine ;)
X

Wow not long til you are off!!
Love the Duffy & Mickey plush. Its fab :)
Looking forward to reading all about it popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter